Privacy in married life

-Zoey- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
If any of spouses hiding something saying it's my personal and private thing and I can't disclose it to partner, is it OK for him/her to think like that?As a better half , everyone should share everything with partner or not? And if they hide something then will it not invite suspicion?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I think there'll be real beauty to a beautiful institution like marriage if partners do not hide anything from each other. Thing is, many people get jealous, insecure, judgemental, etc...which is why partners seek to hide their "past"/secrets/certain "private" things. Some people dont reveal out of fear though, even if their so-called beloved may be a very welcoming/accepting/matured fellow.

But, personally, I think it's better one accepts the way his partner is, if you are already married. Rather than pressure the better half into telling you something, just let him be. If he feels close enough, he will open up. YES, it is a healthy relationship when both are open to each other, but if one is already stuck with such a secretive, closed partner, I'd say, let it be.. It shouldnt become an issue.. Although it isnt OK to be so closed, but when a spouse is like that, what can be done? Whatever makes him happy.
Building coldness, making issues out of this would only lead to unnecessary petty quarrels that'll only make them more distant, bettter to stay patient, and just treat his secrets/privacy with indifference...this'll atleast keep your beloved at ease.

not.here thumbnail
some people just don't like sharing things - partners can hide lots of stuff including menial things and if they are hiding things then it is not necessarily related to infidelity is it? yes the ideal would be that you would never hide anything from your partner but not everyone is fortunate to be or have such a partner so at some level people will hide things for lots of reasons (both serious and silly).

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I think it is good to tell what is relevant but a lot also depends on the kind of partner one has. If the partner is extremely irrational then information fed to them should be checked first.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
It is a subjective preference that varies for individuals and couples. Everyone deserves space and privacy. Couples should give each other that with the trust that they will be honest. You don't need to tell your significant other everything about your life, but certain things vital to the relationship must be shared. The line and balance varies though. Some couples are OK with certain secrets, others would consider that the relationship is failing. 
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Are you asking if marriage infringe on the freedom and rights of people?

Edited by -Aarya- - 9 years ago
QuietlyLoud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Honesty and trust is the foundation of every relationship.That being said ,couples sharing each and every details of their life sounds more like a fairy-tale notion than a realistic one.
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
. its always good to hide things.. especially if you are having an affiar or have started liking someone..Lol...atleast you will have some good time before suspicion creates a nightmare.. ...ok on a serious note you need to have privacy for whatever reason you are not supposed to justify - just make sure it comes across as your basic nature..its genetic or something... that is " I have been a private person since I was 2 years old" If you wake up one day and start changing passwords to assert privacy that's asking for trouble...

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

It is a subjective preference that varies for individuals and couples. Everyone deserves space and privacy. Couples should give each other that with the trust that they will be honest. You don't need to tell your significant other everything about your life, but certain things vital to the relationship must be shared. The line and balance varies though. Some couples are OK with certain secrets, others would consider that the relationship is failing. 

and what are those certain things? I am just trying to learn from the expert... ðŸ˜Š btw I always like your perspective though.. 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: qwertyesque

and what are those certain things? I am just trying to learn from the expert... ðŸ˜Š btw I always like your perspective though.. 

It varies right. What is vital to me in a relationship wouldn't mean much to someone else and vice versa. In the end its about each couple figuring out how much privacy/sharing they need in their relationship