ArHi OS: 1993 - Page 9

Posted: 9 years ago
Read it again, Choti. 
You mentioned it in your RWK.
So I came back here to read it again.
One lovely story on communal harmony.
And that we are the same people in spite of the religion we follow.
One lovely message. 
Edited by 1chilly - 9 years ago
Omg that was just brilliant! You took a very sensitive topic and weaved a lovely story around it! Loved it! <3
Simply Flawless...take a bow Dear:)
This is one powerful and amazing story I've read in a long time,,,,Speechless!
Wow, this is beautifully written.
You have woven a poignant love with a communal back drop. 
very nice. 
Edited by _Mini_ - 9 years ago
Oh, what a soul-stirring piece. Have read this o.s. quite a few times but never posted a comment. I fall short of words everytime I try to write something. Would any comment of mine do justice to the sheer excellence that is this work?

Still... here I am sharing my thoughts. Typing them as I have my chai and Parle-G biscuits.

Having grown up in a city which has once been an epicentre of communal violence, I have experienced first hand how humanity and mercy take a back seat when hatred and mindless frenzy take charge.  The curfew, arson and looting, the killings... the sheer savagery of it destroys everything in its path and leaves innocents on the streets with perpetual pain and an unfillable void.

I am so glad this Khushi found her home. The scars will remain , but in time Arnav's love will heal her wounds. Sadly, mindless extremism and raw brutality continue in the name of religion. And for the countless innocent Khushis who pay the price of this callousness, there isn't an Arnav who will promise, "I'll always be around."

Quoting Gandhi, "God has no religion". When will man get that?
This was brilliant and really left an impact on my mind. Wonderfully written. :)