Why is TV and TV stars not respected as much...? - Page 2

Posted: 9 years ago
There are some few TV actors that are much better in talent than the BW superstars..

YET, the quality of TV soaps in India is so low... I am not surprised why they arent as famous as they are in other countries.

Pakistani/American serials are so good, the quality in content, direction, story, acting, casting, settings, etc... that there is meaning that the TV actors there enjoy so much fame unlike in India.

Indian TV soaps have a long way to go... much to learn to be "respected" .

...and yes, there are trashy cinemas too, but the film industry gave more entertainment than trash, apparently, to many people across the world.

EDIT : I wish they made sensible serials like the ones aired in DD during the 80s, I think.  The only TV soaps I remember enoying are Sarabai VS Sarabai, Dekh Bhai Dekh, Astitva Ek Prem Kahani.
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 9 years ago
in mein se I have seen only  dekh bhai dekh
in bachpan I liked captain vyom also 
Originally posted by sunflower52

<font color="#0000ff">Maybe due to the type of shows that are being made on TV.</font>

<font color="#0000ff">Well those want to act and BW is not an easy place to get in. So those tv stars have no choice to but act in TV shows. They should get the respect they deserve, those who are not surrounded in controversies.</font>

<font color="#0000ff">There is a major difference in Western tv and Indian tv, those in west are miles ahead in story telling on tv, even in the west they have fair share of trashy tv and its few.</font>

Granted TV shows aren't as good as the West, BW films aren't as good as the west either. It still doesn't explain why? I honestly think it's the audience, we give BW stars more value.
I liked Hum Paanch, Shaktiman, Dekh Bhai Dekh, Yes Boss as a kid at that time ðŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by SIR.MEOWINGTON

But it was not always like that. There were really really good hindi serials.
However everything was flushed down the drain after the Saas Bahu ones took entry.

Some very good serials of the past:

Dekh Bhai Dekh
Filmi Chakkar
Gud Guddee
Sailaab
Malabar Hill
Shanti
Fauji
Circus

A lot more. Also really really good actors.
Basically there was a lot more soul into it.

See, I don't watch any Hindi TV series, the only thing I've ever watched and that too only few episodes was DMG, my aunt used to watch it 😆

I understand TV shows aren't as good anymore but popularity has nothing to do with content. Look at shows like Vampire diaries, that crap brings more viewers than some other worthy shows. Are TV stars not as good looking? they are missing something and it's more than just being in a crappy show I feel.
Ram Kapoor,Rajeev Khandelwal,Ronit Roy etc are respected . Ppl like Gober ,Sobti are disrespected cos of their rabid fans
Originally posted by VivaEmptiness

Granted TV shows aren't as good as the West, BW films aren't as good as the west either. It still doesn't explain why? I honestly think it's the audience, we give BW stars more value.

Roya think of it like this.
Movies come once in a while and go.
You watch it and then it is over.

But these serials are actually like Chinese torture that people willingly sit through.
Also they kinda manipulate the audience's brain.

Now for instance at the end of the previous day's episode they will give you a sneak peek into what is going to be shown tomorrow. Now in this sneak peak they show that there is a big suspense going to be revealed in the next day's episode. The next day's episode they will actually waste in rubbish crap like camera angles and  still frames on every f**king character of the house and the whole bloody suspense, not even the whole suspense, they will just reveal a part of the suspense at the very end. So now no matter what you have to again watch the next day's episode. 

This is how they keep their audiences glued in. 

And honestly speaking, in an episode of 20 min, 
actually content worth watching might not even be of 10 min. 
Our serials our changing as Ekta is fading away(is she?).New ones like Gul Khan and Saurabh Tewari are coming up with interesting , if not unique concepts.I know story telling and everything else is on a different level in HW but if you ask me then after a long days work I would love to sit and relax and watch something entertaining on TV and Indian TV is entertaining! A lot of them are annoying too but I can still sit and watch IPKKND(season 1) and enjoy the show 
As for actors I have no idea why they are insulted here. Salman Khan may be amazing offscreen but I can't stand him onscreen. On the other hand,KSG is a pervert but he's an amazing actor and looked good too. Even Ashish has given more expressions in one episode than Salman has given in these 22 years! Don't get me started on the lastest BW chimps. But BW has SRK too  and Akki and Hrithik
And I would prefer Sanaya, DD, Jennifer, Krystel over actresses like Shraddha, Alia etc🤢 
Originally posted by VivaEmptiness

See, I don't watch any Hindi TV series, the only thing I've ever watched and that too only few episodes was DMG, my aunt used to watch it 😆

I understand TV shows aren't as good anymore but popularity has nothing to do with content. Look at shows like Vampire diaries, that crap brings more viewers than some other worthy shows. Are TV stars not as good looking? they are missing something and it's more than just being in a crappy show I feel.

But who said they are not popular? They still are very much popular!
There is one sect which absolutely hates these serials.
And one sect for whom these daily shows are like a staple diet.

Go to the telly section, you will understand just how popular these telly stars are.
They have like a loyal army of fans there! Birthday threads of these telly actors exceed even upto 1000 pages. 😆