Why is TV and TV stars not respected as much...? - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago
Who would give respect to those who don't have self-respect? Most of the TV actors are BW rejects. The girls who start their TV career at 14, don't even finish school. Just see how most of the TV stars these days act subservient to the celeb judges and celeb guests.  
The L'Oreal Cow is trending today, I see. 🤣
SIR.MEOWINGTON thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: NailClipper

The L'Oreal Cow is trending today, I see. 🤣

Have put it as my siggy! That is why. ðŸ˜†
ISHQSalmanSe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
3 reasons:

The timing and duration of the TV shows...keep on dragging on and on...Even if people start liking the show...the unnecessary dragging leads to loss of RESPECT for that medium.

Next, the content of the TV matters...give the audience a good story/script and they will worship the TV stars as well.

I think its also because the TV stars themselves worship the BW actors and consider themselves not so great...have to change that thinking style.
SIR.MEOWINGTON thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Who would give respect to those who don't have self-respect? Most of the TV actors are BW rejects. The girls who start their TV career at 14, don't even finish school. Just see how most of the TV stars these days act subservient to the celeb judges and celeb guests.  

There! You said it! 
That girl who played Anandi in Balika Vadhu...Damn!
She is playing a grown ass married woman in one of these serials!

I was like W*F!! 
-meera thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Actors who act well in good shows get a lot of respect. 
conceptvals thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I'll use the example of caste system here I think the BW actors are seen as more richer, respectable and refutable, whereas these "chote mote" tv stars are seen as desperate wannabes who are fame hungry.Edited by liedownineden - 9 years ago
this is wrong, the kind of actors who deserve respect are always respected ... i never saw anyone in this forum bashing Harshad, Rajeev, Ronit, Sriti, Apporva, Iqbal khan ..  may be becos these actors did typical work but still had their own charm.. otherwise now a days TV is pretty much useless, with zero good shows being made, still actors like them whom i mentioned above can make u watch their shows ...
CeaselessBanter thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I don't know much about TV actors but I thought the fandoms of some TV actors are huge compared to newbie actors. They seem to have international fans from all across the world. 
As for looking down, I think SRK, Salman, Aamir are a different league. But where I live which is Small Town USA which does not have a big desi population, most people religiously watch their daily soaps and don't often go to see films or know much about recent films really. I can't find people to discuss films so that is why I am here.😛

There are people who cannot identify Varun, Alia, Sid, Shradda for instance I know of but they know their soap actors. So though this is anecdotal, there are some places  where TV actors are more popular than movie actors  I suppose. 
DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

But our BW actors are Harvard graduates.. ðŸ˜³