Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why is TV and TV stars not respected as much...? - Page 5

ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
ronit roy tried his luck in movies so did his brother
but ronit didnt get the fame as much he got from TV
but i still remmeber his work from SANIK  n ARMY d little part he had

ps. just noticed the girl he was casted opposite in sanik is the same whom he didnt the lead movie with where the song goes like YEH AAKA INDIA JANTA HAI HUM TUMPE MAARTA HAI - DIL KA CHEEZ HAI JANAM AAPNI JAAN TERE NAAM KARTA HAI

90s ke gaane.. miss those suriile songs

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
TV stars are bashed because they do similar stuff in most shows, the quality of shows is poor, they themselves copy movie stars and have no style of their own, they over-worship movie stars themselves and pose like wannabes at dance and award shows. 
Some TV greats of past were also among those whose film careers failed to take off. But they carved their niche instead of copying movie stars. 

Shows run too long, drag too much, often actor gets stagnated and hams a lot. Ridiculous plots like plastic surgery, leaps, lookalikes, reincarnation, black magic, possession by a spirit or plotting murder of one's own family member, illegitimate kids, affairs - repetitive stories irritate audience. Shows also wind up abruptly and ending is inconclusive. 

People might watch shows out of habit but most (in real life) are not satisfied with content. Virtually romantic shows have huge fandom. But quality is not associated with TV anymore.

This is why movie stars behave in a condescending manner now and claim to raise standards of TV with their new offings copied from the West.

Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Depends on the Show. A lot of Indian TV actors are Soap Opera actors

In the west the actors of 

Days of Our Lives
Young and the Restless. 

Etc aren't considered that great either. Day time Soapies. 

Most think it's fluff. 
Edited by Atomicbomb - 9 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: VivaEmptiness

I know we ridicule and look down on TV stars, but why? It can't just be that they make crappy shows. BW mostly makes trashy films yet the stars are worshipped. Look at the west, TV is respected, stars like Ian Somerhalder and Bryan Cranston have bigger fan following than some of Hw's biggest stars. The Emmy is as popular as the Oscars. So what do you think makes Indian TV shows and their stars unappealing? Why is KSG not as popular as Salman Khan? Doesn't TV have bigger audience than Movies? Almost everyone has a Tv but not everyone can afford to go to the movies, this especially applies to India.

I think Kekta mata's soaps bear 90% responsibility for the way TV soaps and stars are looked upon now...and if u r comparing them to the West...their soaps are a class apart...I mean can u really compare The vampire Diaries with that shit Kekta produced on the same lines??
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Even in Hollywood TV wasn't respected as it is now 15 years back.
I_M_SultaN thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Deathstroke

Ram Kapoor,Rajeev Khandelwal,Ronit Roy etc are respected . Ppl like Gober ,Sobti are disrespected cos of their rabid fans

true
ram and ronit and rajeev and damn fine actor also 
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Lol which one would you recommend? And make it one with few episodes, I get bored easily 😆

Try Geet hui sabse parayi.
or Miley jab hum tum.

both on Youtube hd quality.😆
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
This content was originally posted by: blue-ice

I think Kekta mata's soaps bear 90% responsibility for the way TV soaps and stars are looked upon now...and if u r comparing them to the West...their soaps are a class apart...I mean can u really compare The vampire Diaries with that shit Kekta produced on the same lines??

😆😆 Hilarious name.
HarveySpecter thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
The long lasting ones are respected. Most of the TV actors are popular for 2-3 years and then disappear. Such actors don't get much bhaav.
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I know we ridicule and look down on TV stars, but why? It can't just be that they make crappy shows. BW mostly makes trashy films yet the stars are worshipped. Look at the west, TV is respected, stars like Ian Somerhalder and Bryan Cranston have bigger fan following than some of Hw's biggest stars. The Emmy is as popular as the Oscars. So what do you think makes Indian TV shows and their stars unappealing?  Why is KSG not as popular as Salman Khan?
TV was respected as a medium earlier, a lot of actors like Pankaj Kapur, Om Puri etc. have done TV. TV directors like Ajay Sinha and Ravi Rai were respected. Even if the scale of TV shows or promotions wasn't much, the content, the actors and the medium itself was respected. Ekta revolutionised everything. She upped the scale and budgets of TV shows, made it more melodramatic, enriched it with complex twists to keep the audience on their toes, made big stars, played the show 4 times a week, but also led to a fall in standard of content. The shows were good for the first 2-3 years, after that they sucked. But they got good TRP's which is why she was the one dominating all channels, soon others also started following the same formula and eventually TV became synonymous with melodrama, daily soaps, sobbing bahus and scheming vamps, and a topic of caricature.
As for the question of fan following, I'm pretty sure TV actors have a lot of fans too (and no, I'm not judging by internet fan following), but these are fans of their characters not the actors themselves cos after watching them for 5 days continuously as the character, you fail to differentiate the actor from the character.. most of these are dormant fans who are just content with watching the characters on TV and taking, maybe, a slight interest in the lives of the actors. Just like in BW, films are trashed yet the stars are worshipped, similarily, in TV the soaps are trashed yet they get high TRP's and the characters become immensely popular.

Doesn't TV have bigger audience than Movies? Almost everyone has a Tv but not everyone can afford to go to the movies, this especially applies to India. You are correct here. During the shoot of KPC in Gujarat, Gattu also said the same thing that  in remote villages where there were no roads but cable connection was available, people knew Sushant and would come to watch 'Manav' shooting. And that speaks for itself. TV gives a lot of popularity but it's associated with the character you play. Also, the majority of viewers of these top rated shows are the womenfolk.