Why is TV and TV stars not respected as much...? - Page 6

Posted: 9 years ago
I might be wrong but I think it also has to do with how TV serials are only watched by people in India while Bollywood films are watched all over the world. There's a reason why they say  Srk is more popular and better paid than Tom Cruise let alone a TV star in India. 
So basically Bollywood actors are respected more because they have bigger audience and fans all over the world. 
Edited by .khoobsurat. - 9 years ago
Originally posted by .khoobsurat.

I might be wrong but I think it also has to do with how TV serials are only watched by people in India while Bollywood films are watched all over the world. There's a reason why they say  Srk is more popular and well known than Tom Cruise let alone a TV star in India. 
So basically Bollywood actors are respected more because they have bigger audience and fans. 

Hindi serials are watched outside of India as well. I don't mean South Asia and the South Asian diaspora, but they are either dubbed or subtitled in various Asian and Eastern European Countries--have been for years. And in recent years they've gone into other markets as well.
Originally posted by KhatamKahani

Hindi serials are watched outside of India as well. I don't mean South Asia and the South Asian diaspora, but they are either dubbed or subtitled in various Asian and Eastern European Countries--have been for years. And in recent years they've gone into other markets as well.

Oh okay I didn't know that. But in Africa and Middle East I don't think they watch them..but both of these places are huge Bollywood fans. 

And in America..majority just watch bolly films than Indiam TV shows. 
Edited by .khoobsurat. - 9 years ago
Hmmm, may be because they suck...😆
Originally posted by .khoobsurat.

I might be wrong but I think it also has to do with how TV serials are only watched by people in India while Bollywood films are watched all over the world. There's a reason why they say  Srk is more popular and better paid than Tom Cruise let alone a TV star in India. 
So basically Bollywood actors are respected more because they have bigger audience and fans all over the world. 

Zee TV comes in 169 countries of the world, and I'm sure others too have a good reach. The NRI population at least does watch Indians shows- there are  people in IF itself who have seen these shows in their native languages in their home countries as they do not know Hindi.  TV stars get a very good response when they go abroad for concerts and tours. The main problem is that most of that love is for the character which does not necessarily help them in long term when they switch over to other roles and projects.
Edited by nikitagmc - 9 years ago
Originally posted by KifPaulholic

I think Kekta mata's soaps bear 90% responsibility for the way TV soaps and stars are looked upon now...and if u r comparing them to the West...their soaps are a class apart...I mean can u really compare The vampire Diaries with that shit Kekta produced on the same lines??

Did you just use "class apart" and "Vampire Diaries" in the same line ? 😆
Vampire Diaries is like the English version of Kekta there or may be Ishh Pyaar Ko 😆
Edited by Fiery.Phoenix - 9 years ago
They may be talented, hardworking, and intelligent individuals but that means absolutely nothing at the end of the day! 

They lack the key to becoming a successful Hindi hero or heroine, star parents! 

Edited by Deewangi - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Deewangi

They may be talented, hardworking, and intelligent individuals but that means absolutely nothing at the end of the day! 

They lack the key to becoming a successful Hindi hero or heroine, star parents! 

Right like Sushant has star parents...😆 Not everyone is as talented on TV...
Edited by Fiery.Phoenix - 9 years ago
Originally posted by nikitagmc

Zee TV comes in 169 countries of the world, and I'm sure others too have a good reach. The NRI population at least does watch Indians shows- there are  people in IF itself who have seen these shows in their native languages in their home countries as they do not know Hindi.  TV stars get a very good response when they go abroad for concerts and tours. The main problem is that most of that love is for the character which does not necessarily help them in long term when they switch over to other roles and projects.

Am mostly talking about non Indians. I rarely meet non Indians who watch Indian TV shows but they do watch Bollywood. 
Originally posted by Fiery.Phoenix

Did you just use "class apart" and "Vampire Diaries" in the same line ? 😆
Vampire Diaries is like the English version of Kekta there or may be Ishh Pyaar Ko 😆

What I meant was that even the shittiest of the subjects is dealt with in a different way in the western soaps...😆...u can't even compare Vampire diaries to the shit kekta produced...i mean r u kidding me...Ian Somerhalder vs whoever played the vampire in Kekta's show😆...there is no comparison...