Why is TV and TV stars not respected as much...? - Page 7

Posted: 9 years ago
See the thing is that most Indian TV shows don't have any innovative content and even if they do at the beginning, they always end up with the same old run of the mill storyline  due to the TRP race. The Directors and producers of the shows can't be solely blamed for this though...the audience is equally at fault. People love watching Ekta's crazy ass soaps and they give her TRPs hence she continues to show her Saas Bahu, Rona Dhona shit. I remember there was a show on Zee TV probably 2 years back 'Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan'...It was different compared to the normal thing we usually see on TV...but ended up going off air due to low viewershipπŸ˜•.So viewers hardly accept new concepts thats why there's always the same storyline probably one of the reasons why Western TV is better Indian TV. Though Historical/Mythlogical shows are starting to be accepted among indian viewers which is a good thing.

Bollywood movies  have a further reach globally compared to TV shows which are only limited to a few countries...that sums up the difference in  popularity.

TV actors probably stay for 3 years max in a TV Show, then they either leave or it goes air- people switch to a new soap-and forget about that one that is long gone. On the other hand, some people may not go to see every single Salman Khan film, but they probably go to most of them as he releases one movie per year on average.
Originally posted by Fiery.Phoenix

Right like Sushant has star parents...πŸ˜† Not everyone is as talented on TV...

Kudos to him and his dedication! 
It just sucks that these so called higher class BW industry people look down at him so much...

He's got a lot more talent than some other wooden "actors" we have today...cough! But it means nothing...! 

Edited by Deewangi - 9 years ago
Originally posted by blue-ice

What I meant was that even the shittiest of the subjects is dealt with in a different way in the western soaps...πŸ˜†...u can't even compare Vampire diaries to the shit kekta produced...i mean r u kidding me...Ian Somerhalder vs whoever played the vampire in Kekta's showπŸ˜†...there is no comparison...

Two wooden faces can be definitely compared...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Fiery.Phoenix

Did you just use "class apart" and "Vampire Diaries" in the same line ? πŸ˜†
Vampire Diaries is like the English version of Kekta there or may be Ishh Pyaar Ko πŸ˜†

VD, The originals etc etc are still 10x better than Ekta's crap.πŸ˜†
Originally posted by .King-Of-Kings

See the thing is that most Indian TV shows don't have any innovative content and even if they do at the beginning, they always end up with the same old run of the mill storyline  due to the TRP race. The Directors and producers of the shows can't be solely blamed for this though...the audience is equally at fault. People love watching Ekta's crazy ass soaps and they give her TRPs hence she continues to show her Saas Bahu, Rona Dhona shit. I remember there was a show on Zee TV probably 2 years back 'Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan'...It was different compared to the normal thing we usually see on TV...but ended up going off air due to low viewershipπŸ˜•.So viewers hardly accept new concepts thats why there's always the same storyline probably one of the reasons why Western TV is better Indian TV. Though Historical/Mythlogical shows are starting to be accepted among indian viewers which is a good thing.

Bollywood movies  have a further reach globally compared to TV shows which are only limited to a few countries...that sums up the difference in  popularity.

TV actors probably stay for 3 years max in a TV Show, then they either leave or it goes air- people switch to a new soap-and forget about that one that is long gone. On the other hand, some people may not go to see every single Salman Khan film, but they probably go to most of them as he releases one movie per year on average.
I think you answered all RoAya's questions..πŸ˜†
I couldn't agree more.
TV actors are watched more. But the craze is always for image and character than the actor. Like Smriti Irani is still Tulsi or Mohit Raina is Mahadev. Often one image dominates and overshadows other work they do. 
TV I feel is taken lightly due to daily format also. The actor has no exclusivity unlike movie star who comes once a year. It becomes routine then. Just as water or dal-roti are simple everyday fare but a pizza or Coke becomes special deal.

TV has comparatively less glamour and more of everyday folks. Nothing aspirational unlike films. Gul Khan is creating dream girls and boys though. 

In terms of recall and nostalgia TV has an edge over films or is equal. People remember their Sunday morning stuff etc fondly as TV watching is more intimate, homely experience than movies.

Originally posted by atominis

TV actors are watched more. But the craze is always for image and character than the actor. Like Smriti Irani is still Tulsi or Mohit Raina is Mahadev. Often one image dominates and overshadows other work they do. 
TV I feel is taken lightly due to daily format also. The actor has no exclusivity unlike movie star who comes once a year. It becomes routine then. Just as water or dal-roti are simple everyday fare but a pizza or Coke becomes special deal.

TV has comparatively less glamour and more of everyday folks. Nothing aspirational unlike films. Gul Khan is creating dream girls and boys though. 

In terms of recall and nostalgia TV has an edge over films or is equal. People remember their Sunday morning stuff etc fondly as TV watching is more intimate, homely experience than movies.

Completely agree with you...

Originally posted by SIR.MEOWINGTON

But it was not always like that. There were really really good hindi serials.
However everything was flushed down the drain after the Saas Bahu ones took entry.

Some very good serials of the past:

Dekh Bhai Dekh
Filmi Chakkar
Gud Guddee
Sailaab
Malabar Hill
Shanti
Fauji
Circus

A lot more. Also really really good actors. 
Basically there was a lot more soul into it. 

hey u forgot to add..HUM PAANCH..

aunty mat kaho na mujhe..πŸ˜† famous punch line..

out of ur list ..I know only dekh bhai dekh...awww nostalgic..😳
The way they potrays in a serial- may be the sole reason of it!  e.g. My mom says often- this raman ( karan patel) such a battamiz person, dont knw how to talk wit elders- when i say to mom "areh its just a serial,he is not like tht in real life i guess"my mom says-no i think he is just like this serial,he is not a gud person----  :p. 
Originally posted by Atomicbomb

Depends on the Show. A lot of Indian TV actors are Soap Opera actors

In the west the actors of 

Days of Our Lives
Young and the Restless. 

Etc aren't considered that great either. Day time Soapies. 

Most think it's fluff. 

Soap Operas are cool πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²

Edited by Franco - 9 years ago