Celebs online - They want feedback or fawning?

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
How receptive are celebs to honest feedback of respondents (including fans)?
Do they take responses seriously or just want fawning, worshipping tributes and compliments from fans?

I think Bolly celebs like sycophants and devotees. Rarely take criticism or suggestions. 

They laugh, ignore or get defensive when pointed out. One Khan (sorry I cannot recall who it was but deffo it was a Khan) laughed and sarcastically said maybe people should make movies for them or they should hire fans to do marketing, handle PR etc. Their tone is rude and dismissive. 

Anurag Kashyap was a rude guy when he was new to Twitter. Once he got into a kind of MC/BC type war of words as we see on Youtube videos. I remember first learning about Indian celebs being on Twitter for real after that controversy was reported on TV!

Why do famous ones join blogs or social media then if all they want is praise or mere obedience from followers in retweeting or sharing whatever they put up?

I know about abusive trolls. But it seems even genuine opinion of disagreement or any suggestion is not too palatable to celebs.

What's your view on response of Indian celebs on blogs and social media?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
These days it looks like quite a few of them are on twitter only to promote themselves, their films and the brands they are associated with. They are even managed by agencies for the same, which kind of takes away the whole excitement of following a celeb on twitter and him/her responding back to you.
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I think the stars are affected by criticism more than they like to admit. Even though they behave like they don't care about the critics or genuine criticism on social media, they are the first one to boast about critics/audience approval. Am sure fans fawning and fighting over the stars is a major ego boost for the fans though. 

The only person who isn't affected by audience(cos he generally receives praises) and is active in social media cos he is genuinely interested in social media and interaction with fans is Amitabh Bachchan.
Edited by .Elixir. - 9 years ago
HarveySpecter thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
You should go through Abhishek's page. So much criticism, and he tries to be as grounded as possible and even replies to them with wit.
atominis thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Elixir.

The only person who isn't affected by audience(cos he generally receives praises) and is active in social media cos he is genuinely interested in social media and interaction with fans is Amitabh Bachchan.

He goes bonkers when Abhishek film releases. Gets too defensive. Then gets riled up even more when others say why he defends his son.

He often writes long posts on blog with snide hints at whom it is directed especially if someone asks him to retire, questions his choices of associating with particular politicians or brands.

I must say his tweets and blogs rather downsized the image I had of him earlier.
d-_-b thumbnail
Originally posted by: atominis

He goes bonkers when Abhishek film releases. Gets too defensive. Then gets riled up even more when others say why he defends his son.

He often writes long posts on blog with snide hints at whom it is directed especially if someone asks him to retire, questions his choices of associating with particular politicians or brands.

I must say his tweets and blogs rather downsized the image I had of him earlier.

Is it? Not that I have patience to read everything he blogs or tweets. I mostly see him replying to everyone politely.😆
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: OrganizedChaos

You should go through Abhishek's page. So much criticism, and he tries to be as grounded as possible and even replies to them with wit.

True he is one celeb I love following. He just comes across as very real and relatable. Nargis too. If you notice her tweets she handles criticism pretty well. But then again..I don't follow them too closely to know if they go crazy sometimes lol. I could care less about celebs on twitter..am usually on there to interact with friends. 
Edited by .khoobsurat. - 9 years ago
d-_-b thumbnail
Originally posted by: OrganizedChaos

I really like Abhisekh. He seems to be witty and has good SOH. 
spartangayle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Just for promoting movies..that's all. (In the name of personal interaction with fans)
atominis thumbnail
I do not follow any star. 
Nor read celeb blogs after Aamir's dog blog or Amitabh's defense for Abhishek.

I liked Amitabh's vocabulary and writing a lot. But that's about it.

Totally put off after Anurag Kashyap interview on respondents online and that Khan interview. It was like if they think so lowly of online respondents then why talk to them?