Hidden Feminism in Sheila Ki Jawani - Page 2

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by NailClipper

I was talking about the article.

Oh! Rega Jha. She's editor of Buzz Feed India. She's related to Vishal?! I don't think so. But she writes a lot of fun things on twitter.
Originally posted by ibelieveinpink

Oh! Rega Jha. She's editor of Buzz Feed India. She's related to Vishal?! I don't think so. But she writes a lot of fun things on twitter.

I asked. I didn't say they are friends.

Feminism has become a joke now.
I see this song as teasing a man. Not an assertion of woman's choice.
Originally posted by NailClipper

I asked. I didn't say they are friends.

Oh I see. They might be, I mean I read her stuff on twitter I can def see myself being friends with her. ðŸ˜†

I always thought Sheila Ki Jawani was about female masturbation. So yes, I guess it implicitly has feminist tones to it. Now that I read the article, it does have more points. For eternity female sexuality has been treated as an object for men to enjoy. It has given rise to the notion that if she flaunts it, she wants it. The concept that a woman's sexuality can be for her own pleasure and enjoyment is alien. A provocative woman doesn't mean she is looking for sex or male attention. She could do so simply because she feels sexy doing so and that makes her happy. And even if she wants to catch someone's eye, it is her choice whom she gives attention back too.

Think of a dating or matrimonial profile. You put the profile out there because you want people to express interest and seek. But you don't date/marry every single person who shows interest. You pick and choose who you feel is a best fit. I feel that personality, habits, mannerisms etc. are real life extensions of our profile. We dress/behave in a certain way to get people to show interest and seek (both platonically and romantically). We have a right to pick and choose whom we may want to pursue further.

Analyzing Sheila ki Jawani from Farah's movie ?? ðŸ˜†
It's time to quietly bury the concept of feminism when we start looking for hidden meaning in a tantalizing song from a brainless movie! R.I.P
LOL interesting..I thought the intention was to titillate & tease..This interpretation is a lil far-fetched IMO 😆 
It's just girl's mentality, sometimes... there'll be days when we ENJOYYY all the attention, and enjoy it even more because of the fact of being unapproachable!
It's just one of our moods :P  ...just like those days when we feel like punching a man for giving the same kind of attention.. lol

Originally posted by return_to_hades

A provocative woman doesn't mean she is looking for sex or male attention. She could do so simply because she feels sexy doing so and that makes her happy. And even if she wants to catch someone's eye, it is her choice whom she gives attention back too.  

This reminded me of Monica feeling sexy holding a tetra pack on her face. ðŸ˜†

Sorry, nothing against your post :)