Diya Aur Baati Hum

STAR Plus artists share the five best ways to drape a saree! -SANDHYA

bud2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

A saree is one attire which makes every woman look their elegant best. So, we decided to find out the five best ways to drape the saree from our leading ladies who have excelled the art of draping the six yards. Check out!

Astha 

I love the Maharashtrian way of draping the saree. It is also called the nauvari saree. It resembles a dhoti style. And when paired with an ethnic nose ring,which we also call the nathani, women look simply graceful. 

Akshara 

A recent trend that is setting in is the half saree. It looks stylish yet traditional.  Wear the saree in the conventional way, just take one corner of the pallu and rap it tightly around your waist . Try it out!  

Kumud
My personal favourite is the Lehanga saree. It is apt for weddings or traditional occasions. In this style, the pallu is taken over from the right shoulder and then pinned up. Trust me, lehanga sarees look gorgeous. 

Sandhya 

I don't like experimenting much when it comes to sarees. I like it the traditional way only. And I believe sarees , even when draped in the simplest manner look beautiful.

Ishita 

As a child, I had fancied wearing sarees and even now it continues. I like the Mumtaz style of draping the saree. Drape your saree, tightly around your lower body and then clumsily let the pallu fling over your body.

Well, after listening to our gorgeous characters, tell us which saree style did you like the most?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
well said , should i say deepika ðŸ˜‰
tfs
sanw thumbnail