Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

Why make us hate garba Mr. Modi ?

dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

We respect all cultures but to celebrate every small and big celebration with garba is so annoying.

There are other forms of dance yaar. Do Bhangra once a while, do Lavni sometimes. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Just like we can't stop yash raj films and karan johar from glorifying Punjabi culture, we can't stop asit modi from glorifying Gujarati culture.I am sure this show will end also with garba.Edited by subha2601 - 9 years ago
dey.bh thumbnail
Originally posted by: subha2601

Just like we can't stop yash raj films and karan johar from glorifying Punjabi culture, we can't stop asit modi from glorifying Gujarati culture.I am sure this show will end also with garba.

Good for them because they show Punjabi families and glorify that particular culture. We are made to watch a mini India and all we get is Gujrati garba. Gujrati khana and even Gujarat tourism.
Apart from Hongkong, which other place they have visited that doesn't belong to Gujarat ?

I am not  criticisng any culture but when the show is about various cultures, glorify them also na.
Edited by dey.bh - 9 years ago
.Rohit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Gujju's have taken over india ... 🤣
CoerCorash thumbnail
This is modi effect! LOLz!!
Originally posted by: dey.bh

Good for them because they show Punjabi families and glorify that particular culture. We are made to watch a mini India and all we get is Gujrati garba. Gujrati khana and even Gujarat tourism.

Apart from Hongkong, which other place they have visited that doesn't belong to Gujarat ?

I am not  criticisng any culture but when the show is about various cultures, glorify them also na.

The show was not like this from the beginning.Each and every family was important but later they focused mostly on the gada family.Then they decided to glorify everything that's part of gujarati culture,starting from festivals to food to clothes,etc.And due to this they started ignoring other cultures.Iyer is a tamilian but they showed a single tamil festival.Roshan is sindhi but they don't show everyone celebrating parsi festivals.Babita is bengali and dussehra is a big festival for bengalis but they put more focus on daya's garba.
They will continue doing so.They won't listen to our complains.I guess they might hear if we write on their fb page.
dey.bh thumbnail
Remember Daya and co went to Ahmedabad on Navratri ?

I wonder why Babita din't go to Kolkata instead. We all know what Durga puja means to Bengalis. Trust me Navratri and dandiya/ Garba cannot woo a Bengali.
This show's message -If u r a true Indian, u have to love everything that's Gujarati. 😆
.Rohit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Soon garba will be declared our national dance ... 😉
Originally posted by: _Rohit_

Soon garba will be declared our national dance ... 😉

And daya will be declared mother of the nation 😆