The Umera Ahmed - Faisal Q - Sanam B Connection

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
Hey everyone!

I have been an almost silent member of this forum for the past two or so years. I usually don't find enough time to post and visit once a month to catch up on news and find out about upcoming dramas.

I was glad to see that Umera Ahmed is a popular entity here. I LOVE her. I have read all her novels and short stories and watched all the plays that she has written for TV. My mother owns all her books and that is how i came to know of her as a fabulous writer. Way before people started recognizing her for her TV shows. So you can imagine how elated i feel when people appreciate her writing and her thought provoking story telling.

On TV, the two lucky actors who have had the privilege of executing the most number of Umera Ahmed's characters have been Faisal Qureshi and Sanam Baloch.

Sanam Baloch:
Daam
Doraha
Durr e Shehwar
Kankar

Faisal Qureshi:
Man o salwa
Meri zaat zar e be nishan
Wojood e laraib
The ghost
Qaid e tanhayi
Mutthi bhar Mitti

I think these two are pure class!! They are sheer brilliance!! and most of all have done complete justice to Umera's characters. It is because of her that i became acquainted with these two powerhouses of talent. It was their portrayal for HER complex and intriguing characters that showed me what amazing actors they are.

I consider myself extremely lucky that my fav writer had such actors to bring her characters to life because it's not possible for every actor to catch the nuances of Umera's characters accurately. It also maddens me like anything if bad acting or especially bad dialogue delivery ruins Umera's wonderful writing. So in a way i am really and truly greatful for the Umera - Faisal - Sanam connection.

Other actors who i also liked as Umera's characters are Fahad Mustafa, Fawad Khan, Samiya Mumtaz, Sanam Saeed, Amina Sheikh and Saba Qamar.

Let me know your thoughts plz 😃

Edited by ArshiNO.1 - 9 years ago

That's a great analysis. There surely is a connection. I don't think any of the other actors have ever gotten so many scripts from Umera and then portrayed those characters close to perfection, so effortlessly. Sanam Baloch and Faisal Q are arguably the best performers when it comes to Umera's scripts. They've never ever disappointed me in any of the shows above. 
I also like Mikaal in Umera's scripts - which include performances from Durre Shahwar, Shehr e Zaat and Subh Ka Sitara. Adeel Hussan did Daam and Subh Ka Sitara..and Daam is one of my most favorite shows. Needless to say Junaid was so well enacted by Adeel. 
Adeel Hussain!! This guy is love. Such a good actor. I fell in love with him during Daam days. I did not like Shukk and MSKSH but Adeel was awesome in both nonetheless. I am so looking forward to Jackson Heights because of him.

As for Mikaal, he is quite likeable but the only play where i have really liked him was Durr e Shehwar. I think it had more to do with the look of his character. The hairstyle, the mustache and the whole demeanor of the 80's army man. But you are right. His best roles have been in Umera's plays 😊