Posted: 9 years ago
How many people support it on this forum. Independent women , strong women ,fiesty lady, libral women, women empowerment, women based movies. I think this is new trend on social media in india. How many of us see so much support for feminism in real world. 
Originally posted by light_year

How many people support it on this forum. Independent women , strong women ,fiesty lady, libral women, women empowerment, women based movies. I think this is new trend on social media in india. How many of us see so much support for feminism in real world. 

I don't see much of a feminism in real world and rightly so. Women are chudeils and don't deserve any support.
Feminism is good but  I dislike ppl who misuse it , for e.g  fake rape cases and many other things where the guy has no fault
Edited by Deathstroke - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Divider

I don't see much of a feminism in real world and rightly so. Women are chudeils and don't deserve any support.

I feel so sorry for you.
Racism or sexism.. the moment u turn the coin.. u become one. 
No feminism can exist without good men approving it.. and vice versa. 

My point is always been.. live acc. to ur society for ur own safety and security. Ur dad or brother doesnt go out in danger zone areas , do they? 
Feminism is believing in equality but one shouldn't forget the biological differences between gender. Feminism loses it's effect and people start taking it as joke when Pseudo feminists start blabbering non sense without thinking through their words without taking reality in account. No need to make every issue about Rape and no need to tag "Rape" in every other statement just to give importance to your opinion, same goes for women empowerment, respect and yada, yada... It's exactly how the importance of serious matter get diluted cuz of some OTT uproar for no rhyme or reason.  Edited by Fiery.Phoenix - 9 years ago
It vcomes down to the same.. behave like u shud in ur society.. wear bikini if its safe, wear burkha if its safe. Blv u me, we guys dont go to places where therez danger of picked upon  as Indian men. 
Be safe and then change the world. 
Feminism is a simple concept about equality between men and women. It adheres to the principle that all humans are created equal and deserve to be treated with equality. Of course there are fundamental biological differences that will always exist. However, feminism strives to prevent these differences from causing any unfair discrimination, prejudices or expectations.

In its truest form feminism is a beautiful concept. Almost every human being appreciates such equality. Feminism has made a big difference in India, as people are adapting more and more feminist concepts.

- Most people are accepting that women have the right to be educated and pursue successful careers
- Most people are accepting that both men and women should equally share responsibility in raising children and running the household
- Female athletes, female members of the armed forces or police forces are gaining recognition for their impact in male dominated fields
- Men are becoming more comfortable with women traveling for work, having male friends/colleagues, being more educated or earning more
- Families are treating male and female kids equally spending equal amounts on them and giving them equal opportunity

There are still many challenges because our society does have many per-conceived notions from generations of patriarchy. But every generation is bringing about small changes

I think it is unfair to reduce feminism to just something about rape or sexual harassment. The fight against rape and harassment is a very important part of feminism. However, the overall concept has much broader social implications. I also think this aspect of feminism is much more challenging to deal with. In a society where sexuality itself is repressed and taboo, female sexuality and self expression is a much more difficult concept to digest. It will be much longer before we can accept liberal notions about clothing, drinking, smoking, pre-marital sex etc when it comes to women.

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Feminism is a simple concept about equality between men and women. It adheres to the principle that all humans are created equal and deserve to be treated with equality. Of course there are fundamental biological differences that will always exist. However, feminism strives to prevent these differences from causing any unfair discrimination, prejudices or expectations.

In its truest form feminism is a beautiful concept. Almost every human being appreciates such equality. Feminism has made a big difference in India, as people are adapting more and more feminist concepts.

- Most people are accepting that women have the right to be educated and pursue successful careers
- Most people are accepting that both men and women should equally share responsibility in raising children and running the household
- Female athletes, female members of the armed forces or police forces are gaining recognition for their impact in male dominated fields
- Men are becoming more comfortable with women traveling for work, having male friends/colleagues, being more educated or earning more
- Families are treating male and female kids equally spending equal amounts on them and giving them equal opportunity

There are still many challenges because our society does have many per-conceived notions from generations of patriarchy. But every generation is bringing about small changes

I think it is unfair to reduce feminism to just something about rape or sexual harassment. The fight against rape and harassment is a very important part of feminism. However, the overall concept has much broader social implications. I also think this aspect of feminism is much more challenging to deal with. In a society where sexuality itself is repressed and taboo, female sexuality and self expression is a much more difficult concept to digest. It will be much longer before we can accept liberal notions about clothing, drinking, smoking, pre-marital sex etc when it comes to women.

Unfortunately.. no.. Faminism for most women mean.. if a guy can walk out topless why cant we? And thats I end my post. Rest u can imagine. 
Originally posted by AllBlacks1

Unfortunately.. no.. Faminism for most women mean.. if a guy can walk out topless why cant we? And thats I end my post. Rest u can imagine. 

I disagree. Not all feminists define feminism that way. A lot of feminist work is focused in basic equal rights for women.

Although it seems like an absurd pipe dream now, an ideal world wouldn't make the female form so overtly sexual. Maybe humans will evolve for the better over time.