Gorky on Barun's exit from IPKKND

Posted: 9 years ago
Hope it is not posted here before by anyone.

Revealed: Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon producer finally talks about Barun Sobti's exit

Fri, September 19, 2014 7:22pm UTC by Letty Mariam Abraham
Add first Comment
Revealed: Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon producer finally talks about Barun Sobti's exit

Since the day the makers of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon decided to shut shop, fans have been relentlessly thronging social networking sites, the channel office and messaging the producers begging them to bring back their favourite hero Barun back

Some fans have written hate mails and while several have even resorted to open threats to Four Lions Films - only to bring Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani back onscreen.

Co-founder of Four Lions Films Gorky M said, "We still get requests to bring Barun back on a show. I don't think we've ever even attempted to count how many such requests we get every day. And it's not like we wouldn't like to get him back."

Then why the delay? "Barun is in a different space right now. He wants to do something different and we also want to give him something he's never done before. There's no doubt that we still want to work with him," replied Gorky.

So did the relationship between Four Lions Films and Barun sore at all after his exit? Gorky replied, "There was a huge controversy around his exit but it has not affected our relationship at all. Barun was very clear from the start about what he wanted to do and how, he never made any excuses for his decisions unlike so many people who say something but mean something else totally. Barun was very clear and we completely understood him. Hence our relationship has not soured at all."

Well we really hope the creatives write a script just for Barun coz it would be wonderful to see theactor back on the small screen, right BollywoodLifers?

Excerpt from his interview that caught my attention

"There was a huge controversy around his exit but it has not affected our relationship at all. Barun was very clear from the start about what he wanted to do and how, he never made any excuses for his decisions unlike so many people who say something but mean something else totally. Barun was very clear and we completely understood him. Hence our relationship has not soured at all."

Edited by -SweetJasmine- - 9 years ago
I hope people "professionally" concerned note this article .. 👏
Am glad such articles are out ! :) But ya know some people will choose to ignore the truth else there ain't gonna be any good reason to bash such an amazing guy who is not rude nor throws tantrums ;) Thanks for sharing.
You know what, We already knew that. 

Sony pey unkey new show start hone sey pheley Barun kiyon yaad aya, tell tell...
Pagal samjh key rakha hai.😡
Muje batao is article me aisa kya hai Jo."Reveal" kiya hai.. we knw all of tht.. 😈

This is all thre promotion gimmicks.. new show ko publicity chahiye.. Barun k naam se better promotion kon de sakta hai?? 😵Edited by B.S.I_Love_You - 9 years ago
good that he clarified it 
but people should now stop discussing or even mentioning dis stuff ...i think it just give some ppl an opportunity to again criticize
barun work n nature is enough to justify his actions  
What is there to reveal, it is a normal exit, they were all saying it then, but no one could understand it given the complexity of the situation then. People who wanted to understand understood it then itself, and people who don't want to understand will never.
Nothing new that he revealed..
The good thing is some theories and fantasies spun by some since IPK closure are crushed now  as well as professionalism lessons given by some falls flat😆
thanks for posting! he is almost 2 years late in clarifying the controversy and of course i really want to know 'why now?' but i am glad they seem to be positively and openly acknowledging Baruns value and worth as a human being and as an actor, whether it is for publicity, making amends or getting us to watch their new show.