Posted: 9 years ago
I knew it that I won't like it and it is true now
Deepika has a tall straight body.her midriff is not sexy at all. 

The song is ok...
Edited by lovanika - 9 years ago
This song objectifys deepika. If she or any other actress has problem with objectification of women. Than she shouldn't do work which objectifis her , what msg is she giving to young girls who follow her. If u preach something , follow it .
Originally posted by light_year

This song objectifys deepika. If she or any other actress has problem with objectification of women. Than she shouldn't do work which objectifis her , what msg is she giving to young girls who follow her. If u preach something , follow it .

Very true...agree with you...Chikni chameli, Bang Bang, Shiela ki Jawani, a touch touch me,...lovely, chameli, jalebi bai...What message are they sending the girls...😉

If you want to talk about the issue of objectification there are three other threads. Discuss it there. This new thread is about the song Lovely. Like it or not discuss this.😊
Uhh, this could've been WAAY better. Or I guess I was expecting too much. Just liked the part where she is dancing with that silver dress. She looks gorgeous in that dress.
Rest is meh. Song also sucks. But it's catchy so I suppose I'll like it once I hear it again. Choreography is seriously very bad. 🤔 
DP looks nice though. But her looks are not so impressive as they should've been. She lost so much weight. 
Manwa Laage was muchhh better.
Originally posted by Aishahh_24

Uhh, this could've been WAAY better. Or I guess I was expecting too much. Just liked the part where she is dancing with that silver dress. She looks gorgeous in that dress.
Rest is meh. Song also sucks. But it's catchy so I suppose I'll like it once I hear it again. Choreography is seriously very bad. 🤔 
DP looks nice though. But her looks are not so impressive as they should've been. She lost so much weight. 
Manwa Laage was muchhh better.

Agree!!
It could have been better for me if they could have dressed her in a way her long torso was not visible this much. Item songs need voluptuous body.
Silver dress looks great and steps are great.
But few steps looks like the same she did for shiela ki jawani...
Here's the song you all have been waiting for. Deepika Padukone wows one and all with her sensuous moves in the Happy New Year track Lovely'.

The song opens with the chants of Mohini, Mohini' from the crowd, following which we are introduced to the silhouette of a girl with the slimmest waist you've seen in a long while. The possessor of this hot bod is none other than Mohini, played by Deepika Padukone.

The track Mohini' has an Arabic melody but Punjabi lyrics. It sure has some Sufi influence, but the word 'Kamli' (so often heard in sufi tracks) is replaced by Lovely'. The lyrics goes, "Main lovely ho gayi haan, naam tera padke, naam tera padke."

Half-way into the song, Shahrukh Khan and Abhishek Bachchan make an entry and are spellbound by Mohini's moves.

Lovely' is sung by Kanika Kapoor, Ravindra Upadhyay, Miraya Varma and Fateh. It's composed by Dr. Zeus with Vishal-Shekhar, while the lyrics are by Kumaar and Jiwan Mann. Choreography is by director Farah Khan.

As revealed by Deepika Padukone herself, in Happy New Year' she plays a bar dancer who titillates men as a means to support her livelihood.

'Lovely' is a lot different from the previous 'Happy New Year' songs like India Waale' (watch it here) and Manwa Laage' (watch it here).

'Happy New Year' will release this Diwali.
edited
Edited by Deathstroke - 9 years ago
Originally posted by lovanika

Agree!!
It could have been better for me if they could have dressed her in a way her long torso was not visible this much. Item songs need voluptuous body.
Silver dress looks great and steps are great.
But few steps looks like the same she did for shiela ki jawani...

@Bold: Exactly. Some steps are similiar. 
But I guess this isn't so bad. It's watchable. 😆
wrong post
Edited by Deathstroke - 9 years ago