Why give so much importance to daya?

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Daya is just an ordinary housewife like other women of the society. Her job is to take care of her house, husband, father in law and son just like other housewives of the society.
Then why is she the most respected woman of the society? She's not doing anything great or extraordinary. Yes,she cooks lot of food but so does komal.In fact komal cooks more than daya.Then why always daya's cooking skills are appreciated and not komal's?People love her so much that they ignore her wrong English too.She calls Kitty party as katty party,gents as gentis, etc.Why don't they correct her?It's not an insult if somebody corrects her wrong English.Everybody has parents but it's only daya's mother who's respected a lot so much so that they only want her nuskas whenever there's any problem.
Is it because daya is the female lead?But then this show is about the whole society and everybody should be the leads here.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Even I want to know what is so khas about this character ?

1> Why should she be called Garba queen ? Her style of dancing is annoying. Dancing requires rythmn. Garba is also a group dance or at least a couple should dance. SHe has no co- ordination with other dancers at all. She is on her own.

2> She cooks food and so does everyone else. Why is she called Annapurna ? How come anything she cooks is yummy to everyone ? Not using my half- baked knowledge just using my common sense which says each tongue has its own taste. How can one woman cooking only one cuisine be called  Annapurna ?

3> WHy should each literate man and woman listen to her Mother's wise words? Why follow her advice as if her wisdom comes straight from Jataka's tales ?

4> Is she really a Aadarsh Bharatiya Nari ? She has no control over her son and her younger brother. Sorry, she is only spoiling them with her too much love and care.

5>  Fighting goons with garba? NO comments. seriously

6> Mannats ? Is it logical enough to be respected ?

7> And yes she knows everything about everything. WHat is the importance of education in life if an illiterate woman can do everything?

Its not that you cannot show a illiterate being wise. Remember Baa Bahoo aur Baby ? Baa's character was that of an illiterate but she was wise indeed.
terenaam_ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This subject has been discussed number of times in this forum...still no one can understand why daya maata is given so much importance.
production house is obsessed with daya's character...isliye her ek track mein uss ko zeeyada se zeeyada screen space di jaati hai...

like tarak said in last episode...daya bhabhi sub ki jaabi hai..😡, i hate when everyone blinds follows daya and her stupid acts...but kya kare...this is how show is running from last few years...daya is the superstar of gokuldham..infact she is given more importance than jethalal...!!!
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
To me ideal Indian lady is Madhavi. SHe is also ideal wife.

1. She never lets anyone insult her husband. In cases when she cannot object we see her sad and quiet in a corner. Again, she will not let her husband take jokes seriously. She will make him realise if it is really a joke.

2. She never goes against her husband. If Bhide doesn't allow kitty parties she won't go but hten she has her own identity. She won't let Bhide speak how to spend money accumulated from such kitty parites.

3. She works hard to earn for her family. With her love and care she assures her husband's self respect is never hurt.

4. She will taunt her husband for Kanjusi but only in her home.  She will make fun of him but that remains between the three only and these jokes are halka -phulka and not insulting at all

5. She too must have brother but she never compares her husband with anyone.

6. Keeps her husband happy. She will cook his fav dishes to make him happy.Never comments on his eating habits

7. If it is to spend for her husband, she will even sell her earrings. 

8. She takes care of her daughter. Both the parents are involved in sonu's parenting.

9. Stands by her husband in every problem.

10. Knows how to maintain privacy specially during crisis or emergencies.

Edited by dey.bh - 9 years ago
terenaam_ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ Debby
agree with you...👍🏼, bhide couple is best in gokuldham...😊
Garba queen?Clapping ur hands and jumping is called garba?I am not a Gujarati.I have seen garba only in movies.The real garba is what Aishwarya rai or Deepika padukone have done in Dholitaro and Nagada respectively. Daya's dance reminds me of people who don't know garba but still dance to the music during navratri in many sarvajanik mandals in Mumbai.
Fen1602 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
🤣 don't need to discuss on dis topic .. 😆
slash7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
because the real of the name of the show is actually 
"gada parivar ka excessive garba "  😡

Originally posted by: slash7

because the real of the name of the show is actually

"gada parivar ka excessive garba " 😡

Aur excessive drama 😆
india2050 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dey.bh

To me ideal Indian lady is Madhavi. SHe is also ideal wife.

1. She never lets anyone insult her husband. In cases when she cannot object we see her sad and quiet in a corner. Again, she will not let her husband take jokes seriously. She will make him realise if it is really a joke.

2. She never goes against her husband. If Bhide doesn't allow kitty parties she won't go but hten she has her own identity. She won't let Bhide speak how to spend money accumulated from such kitty parites.

3. She works hard to earn for her family. With her love and care she assures her husband's self respect is never hurt.

4. She will taunt her husband for Kanjusi but only in her home.  She will make fun of him but that remains between the three only and these jokes are halka -phulka and not insulting at all

5. She too must have brother but she never compares her husband with anyone.

6. Keeps her husband happy. She will cook his fav dishes to make him happy.Never comments on his eating habits

7. If it is to spend for her husband, she will even sell her earrings. 

8. She takes care of her daughter. Both the parents are involved in sonu's parenting.

9. Stands by her husband in every problem.

10. Knows how to maintain privacy specially during crisis or emergencies.

Bilkul sahi baat hai-Bhide bhai & madhvi behen are the most realistic couple-middle class ones,showing how a middle class man struggles in daily life-They should shift focus from the nonsense Gada family & show Bhide family .I really love that family-Nothing over the top-No lavnis(against Days's Forceful Garba),No jetha's meanness(only bhide's silly jokes),No Tallpu's mahan kand(as against Sonu's sweetness).I really fell TMKOC should now have meaningful episodes away form that faltu Gada Khandan & their idiot kaand!!!