Faiz, Haya and the sorry state of affairs.

BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I know this forum is almost always about the leads and ppl don't really care abt other characters ... but personally I have been following the Haya Faiz thing with great interest for a while. Faiz has had my admiration for quite some time because of the way he treated Haya , with respect. Not many men , especially those without any physical handicaps themselves, have it in them to accept and live with someone who does. To my knowledge , till date he hasn't made Haya feel like she has something to apologise and compesate for, Like Phoopi would want him to. So far, He's always treated her like a normal person , despite his poorly masked frustration at times due to their rather literal commmunication gap, which in my humble opinion does not make him any less of a man, only human. But today's episode has me rethinking all of that 

I didn't blame Faiz when he wanted to consummate the marriage.
Sach mein how many weddings in the sub continent are like what the TV shows ... ke pehle itna drama wala pyaar .. and then the grand bollywood wedding and then the super hyped SR ... and all is unicorns and rainbows in ur marital life ?

The notion that "nice" guys wait and give u time to mentally prepare urself for the SR, after an arranged marriage ... trust me , is utter BS.  So what Faiz demanded is very natural ... they are married and therefore it'd make him happy if she , as his wife, helped him meet his physical needs. Unless he is EXTREMELY repulsive , or has something like EDS, there's no reason she should deny him that right ... unless. Unless there's the Rahat-bhai character in the picture. Ab Faiz doesn't know about his wife's ishq sufiyana. And Haya won't tell him . I am not saying Faiz is an utter gentleman trying to get some ASAP shaadi ke foran baad,  but it isn't right for Haya to dangle the carrot in front of him when mentally all she wants to do is get into Rahat's pants, excuse my crassness. 

Haya should first sort out what she wants. Does she want to go ahead and make the best of her relationship with the man she ended up marrrying or does she want to go back to Rahat in which case she has to let go of Faiz completely. Caressing Rahat's sweater and begging Faiz not to divorce her ... rather sorry state of affairs .. no ?

And at the same time ... Faiz ... Initally he seemed to believe  that him and Haya would work out despite her being deaf and mute and even tried to convince ppl around him ... so was his belief and conviction so flimsy that a few shenanigans from phooopi and he'd utter Talaaq to someone he proclaimed to be his law fully wedded wife and vowed to protect ?

Are relationships so easily broken ? I am not asking to see that all marriages prove that they were made in heaven and are invincib;e, but shouldn't it endure a few storms before it allows the first of cracks to appear ? Should divorcing your spouse be so easy ?

Sad.
Edited by Rafz - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

halifax004 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I know no offence to Zoya's lookalike children's fans but the only reason I started watching this show again was because of Haya and Faiz!!!! I really liked their pairing and it was different then the usual!!! I will be very disappointed if Faiz did all of this just to reunite Haya with that other guy whom she use to love...because I rather have it the other way round the past love reuniting Haya and Faiz
BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail

Originally posted by: halifax004

I know no offence to Zoya's lookalike children's fans but the only reason I started watching this show again was because of Haya and Faiz!!!! I really liked their pairing and it was different then the usual!!! I will be very disappointed if Faiz did all of this just to reunite Haya with that other guy whom she use to love...because I rather have it the other way round the past love reuniting Haya and Faiz

Me too , in reference to your last point. 

I mean the marital vows have got to count for SOMETHING right ?!
radadolcevida thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
really nice post, I also followed Faiz and Haya story , and I should say that I like Faiz, he married her despite everything, he just loved her . The one to blame is may be Haya, as you say, she didn't choose between her married life and hidden love. 
Faiz deserve explanation and I know that when you don't know the answer you can loose your mind and this is what happened to him, he didn't understand and he overreacted
she's not happy with me, she don't want me as her husband, she treated me bad despite knowing that I love her...
I guess this was all the question that turned in his mind, she should free him from his misery , so he decided for her. Faiz was just want to be happy with the woman that he love but he didn't know that she can't love him back.

thank you for you post
BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail

Originally posted by: radadolcevida

really nice post, I also followed Faiz and Haya story , and I should say that I like Faiz, he married her despite everything, he just loved her . The one to blame is may be Haya, as you say, she didn't choose between her married life and hidden love. 

Faiz deserve explanation and I know that when you don't know the answer you can loose your mind and this is what happened to him, he didn't understand and he overreacted
she's not happy with me, she don't want me as her husband, she treated me bad despite knowing that I love her...
I guess this was all the question that turned in his mind, she should free him from his misery , so he decided for her. Faiz was just want to be happy with the woman that he love but he didn't know that she can't love him back.

thank you for you post

While I blame him for being too hasty with the divorce, I can only imagine the poor guys frustration.

She won't leave him but she won't live with him as his wife (in all senses of the word) either. 

I can only imagine the turmoil in his head.

And GOD I hate the phoopi character SO much ... arghhh ðŸ˜¡
sneaky-aj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
yes, it indeed is a sorry state of affairs. While I mostly fast- forward their scenes, i do get whats going on. I think it was his frustration and the constant rambling of his phuphi that he decided to go through with the divorce. I am sure now he will treat her as if she's nothing. Why? because now that Raahat is back, we will be taken back to RaHa's love story, making it essential for Faiz to look as the bad guy who doesnt know how to treat the girl. 
Why did he change his mind so quickly? Answer is the same- because Haya needs to get back to Raahat acc. to the CVS. While I used to love RaHa and still do, I was kinda getting the feeling that maybe Faiz will be her final destination. That was annoying at first. cuz i didnt like them together. But seeing Faiz's personality, I began to like him too. Now Raahat coming back means RaHa are getting back together. And looks like FaHa are already divorced, since the Phuphi threw her out. I guess now I am looking forward to RaHa.
BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail

Originally posted by: sneaky-aj

yes, it indeed is a sorry state of affairs. While I mostly fast- forward their scenes, i do get whats going on. I think it was his frustration and the constant rambling of his phuphi that he decided to go through with the divorce. I am sure now he will treat her as if she's nothing. Why? because now that Raahat is back, we will be taken back to RaHa's love story, making it essential for Faiz to look as the bad guy who doesnt know how to treat the girl. 

Why did he change his mind so quickly? Answer is the same- because Haya needs to get back to Raahat acc. to the CVS. While I used to love RaHa and still do, I was kinda getting the feeling that maybe Faiz will be her final destination. That was annoying at first. cuz i didnt like them together. But seeing Faiz's personality, I began to like him too. Now Raahat coming back means RaHa are getting back together. And looks like FaHa are already divorced, since the Phuphi threw her out. I guess now I am looking forward to RaHa.

You know I was kinda hoping Faiz and Haya would be together in the end a la Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam ... but CVs want to play the Ishq Sufiyana card so  ... I mean RaHa continue karna hi thaa toh why MARRY Faiz and Haya .. I hate it when a marriage track is brought in just to reinforce the purana ishq track . Kinda takes the weight out of the institution of marriage. 
udenigamage thumbnail
Nice post. I was also wondering what happened in a short period. If CV decided bring RaHa together at the end they may have shown Faiz love interest towards Haya then MU between brothers and at the end RaHa will be together and Faiz step out without a marriage. 
How come a marriage be broken in such a easy and hectic way.Marriage has its own rules and respect in every culture. I never liked shows took marriage as a joke or use as a formula to increase TRP. Here FaHa marriage was a unnecessary thing. They still can show brothers clash without marriage also.
ShyeraStratus thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I was a RaHa fan but I was willing to give Faiz a chance but I just hated all his dialogues in the mahaepi... they were really hurtful. I sympathise with Haya completely. While Faiz understands Haya's sign language... he doesn't understand her heart like Rahat does. When his guests were being totally insensitive to Haya, I though he was feeling angry but now I realise he was feeling embarrassed. I mean I know that he is angry but he didn't  hear one word from Haya and decided divorce was the answer? Only yesterday he was telling Phoopi that Haya is good and now he went straight to divorce and even signed the papers without looking at Haya. I am so disappointed. Complete character butchering this was... CVs got too impatient and ruined it. I don't think Haya should be with Faiz now... since his character is shown to be childish.. thats what the CVs want I think. For us to root for Rahat again.
harshana1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I like rahat and Hayaa but I was willing to see how faiz and Hayaa would play out. I don't understand why faiz didn't suspect his poophi lying. Like who just has divorce papers made that morning when she was the one who convinced him to go in there in the first place. Like couldn't he put two and two together. I mean Hayaa is at fault to idk why she was begging so hard when she was not giving faiz a chance anyway. I'm happy it's over though rahat is willing to go against family when they are wrong.