Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GitaIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
A lovely post Simran, with a thoughtful question.
Whose story is QH2?
Each set of fans can paint the story as revolving around their favs. And each will be right in their own way. The story for each will revolve around the ones who keeps them hooked to the story.

For me, it is the story of Asya's daughters (plural) avenging their parents death. This revenge is the crux of QH2. It is the root which is holding this plant called "QH2". 

Continuing the analogy of plants with types of plants:

The Tree -  Saahil, Seher and Rehaan, all are branches of this tree, with Saahil being the tree trunk. 

The Climber - RahaFa are the climber, /plant o, that grows next to the main tree, and consumes its fertilizers (screen time), and grows big enough to overshadow the tree and trunk.

The Creeper - Tanveer, the creeper, who came out of nowhere, and gave creeps not only to all the plants in the garden, but also the audience. Trees can survive only when this creeper is removed. 

The Shrub -  Dilshad, the shrub, forever sick and needing medicines. This medicinal shrub nurtured most the younger generation but is now in dire need of nurture. Razia is another one in this category.

SheAish thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: flora212

wow I love thisπŸ˜†

I'm saying this because Seher has become redundant now as she is no longer kickass or badass as you said earlier, and so her role does not add much to the downfall of tanveer if rehan is going to be her savior. Rehan in any capacity would still play a pivotal role as the son of Tanveer, with/without seher.

Or I would like another actress to play Seher after an accident or something after which she has to get plastic surgery. This way Sj can be once again devoted to her main role as sanam! πŸ˜‰
simran_singh_24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: bhavnahm

True! It suits the loyal viewers like me who accepted the crap of first installment of QH barring initial few months with the strong will and now moving ahead to accept the upcoming. πŸ˜†
Gul should make a new series by name 'Shukriya' for the viewers of QH.

Shukriya sounds goodπŸ˜† and most of us will be lapping it up too and will be spliting hairs about what one should be thankful about after few months.
i'll get to your otjer post in a while. ta

GitaIyer thumbnail
[QUOTE=bhavnahm]The original story of QH was about two warring families and how they are united eventually by a girl ie, Zoya. That's what the synopsis was about and hence two brothers(Asad and Ayaan) belonging to the two warring families had to fall for the same girl as she is the connecting link to the two families. But unfortunately because of Rishab quitting when the major twist of accidental nikha was supposed to happen, changed things upside down and Tanveer ended up being the lead by executing 'humbistar'. Earlier Tanveer's role was supposed to be a extended cameo, that's what was told in the media when they signed Nisha( earlier Tanveer) for the role of Tanveer.
Since Tanveer became the super woman of QH, the Qubool Hai had to have a second installment in the form of QH2. And QH2 was advertised as Sanam Ahmed Khan's story, hence she was the perfect blend of AsYa. But later on seems like CVs decided to make her more of Asad's daughter than Zoya's as her love story with Ahil progressed. Sanam was supposed to get to the truth of her parents death and bring the culprit( Tanveer) to justice, hence she had to enter the mansion of the culprit through a love story of hers with Ahil, who is Tanveer's son. SaHil's story has always progressed with the main plot, all the major twist in their story are connected to the main story. On the way CVs got confused with so many tracks to put together, so kept on jumping from here and there expecting high ratings, there was Razia introduction, there was Seher introduction. So now with the entry of Seher it's the story of Sanam and Seher and how they get the justice to their family who were the real story of QH.
Initially when there was news of QH going for generation leap there were a lot of articles saying SJ will play the double role post leap, so I don't think introduction of Seher was the eleventh hour plan.
I feel they had twins story in mind when they thought of QH2 else they wouldn't focus so much on twins as kids.
Only thing I don't understand is how is Haya's story connected to the real plot, it looks like QH3 for me, because it's not connected to the main story. In QH1 all the stories were interlinked. QH was a very different and beautiful story, I still wonder how could CVs butcher such a beautiful story which lasted only for initial 6 months, after that it got ruined step by step.
My only wish as a loyal viewer of QH atleast this time they don't ruin it again, because QH2 beautiful again.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Yes, Yes to all you said.
@bold - I too feel they are going as per their original plan. Maybe the tracks have been delayed or have come earlier, but they are going as per their original plan.

Edited by GitaIyer - 9 years ago
nautanki_anu thumbnail

Originally posted by: GitaIyer

A lovely post Simran, with a thoughtful question.

Whose story is QH2?
Each set of fans can paint the story as revolving around their favs. And each will be right in their own way. The story for each will revolve around the ones who keeps them hooked to the story.

For me, it is the story of Asya's daughters (plural) avenging their parents death. This revenge is the crux of QH2. It is the root which is holding this plant called "QH2".

Continuing the analogy of plants with types of plants:
The Tree - Saahil, Seher and Rehaan, all are branches of this tree, with Saahil being the tree trunk.

The Climber - RahaFa are the climber, /plant o, that grows next to the main tree, and consumes its fertilizers (screen time), and grows big enough to overshadow the tree and trunk.

The Creeper - Tanveer, the creeper, who came out of nowhere, and gave creeps not only to all the plants in the garden, but also the audience. Trees can survive only when this creeper is removed.

The Shrub- Dilshad, the shrub, forever sick and needing medicines. This medicinal shrub nurtured most the younger generation but is now in dire need of nurture.Razia is another one in this category.

Are you teaching your kids science by any chance right now? πŸ˜†.
Actomyo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: GitaIyer

It seems like they just waited or tried to see whether the story can be taken forward without the twin thing, but then to increase the drama and to get more numbers or with the extension to be on air they decided to stick to the original plan. Seher introduction did get some increase in the ratings.
I sincerely wish the new entries as her uncle, aunt are just cameos like Nida and go out once their purpose to the main story is served.
However I am enjoying QH with a little glitches here and there, as a daily soap it's common.

GitaIyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: nautanki_anu

Are you teaching your kids science by any chance right now? πŸ˜†.

Nope, history and geography. And all I can think of is Chemistry, since I saw the new IG pics in the morning. Trying to keep away from forum, so that I can get back to social studies.πŸ˜†
nautanki_anu thumbnail
Nice post Simran.

I agree with Gitey. The story of QH2 is about AsYa'a daughters seeking revenge for their parents murder. In QH1 they showed that Seher got lost or wandered off. They didn't show her dead. If they wanted to show her dead they would've done that in FBs in QH2. So they were sure that they would introduce Seher but probably didn't know when. And while they were thinking they developed SaHil's story and SaHil were the only attraction of QH2 coz the ensemble cast and their stories failed miserably. Now that they have introduced Seher the story will move towards Billi's downfall or so I'm assuming unless they want to drag it till eternity. QH mein kuchh bhi ho sakta hain.

Ahil of course can be woven in the main story coz he was framed by Billi. And Rehaan being Billi's son and positive (as yet) should have some part to play in Billi's downfall after she gets to know the truth.

I honestly feel SaHil and Sehaan are getting decent screen space though RaHaFa can probably do with less screen space than what they are currently getting. And Gul seems hell bent with the Halala concept. She is obsessed with it and she wants to show it by hook or by crook πŸ˜†. The RaHaFa story seems to be moving that way and I really dunno what relevance it has to the main story.

Agree with you Simran. Haya's story seems disconnected to the main story and I do feel she too should be a part of the revenge drama coz not just AsYa but her mum Najma too died in Billi's game.

I'm enjoying QH2 the way it's going currently even with all it's negatives. It's still an enjoyable show as compared to all the other crappy shows.
nautanki_anu thumbnail
Sorry off the topic but can someone tell me when SaHil danced on Teri Meri? Did I miss an epi? πŸ˜•.
GitaIyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: nautanki_anu

Sorry off the topic but can someone tell me when SaHil danced on Teri Meri? Did I miss an epi? πŸ˜•.

I don't remember them dancing on any song, except for the eid episode.
And I saw that episode on ff mode, so don't know whether they danced on it.

Why u asking?