Astitva-Simran's Thoughts on Love!!!

Akshata thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Hi Forum Friends,

We have been having some very good discussions in the past few weeks.The topics although related to a TV serial brought out feelings from the heart and all of us here at the forum could indentify with it one way or the other and in response got some amazing views and replies. 

We have often heard Simran quote "If you love somebody,let them go,for if they return,they were always yours.And if they don't they never were". 

It's always easier said than done.It's never easy to let go of someone you love so much,even if you do so in deed,is it really possible to erase one's love from one's heart?

The new topic for discussion this week could be on the following points:

1.Do you agree with the quote?

2.Is it really possible in all relationships?

3.Did Simran do the right thing by living by this principle?

Please give reasons for all your replies.

I hope our readers will find the topic interesting enough to debate upon.

Another request,friends......do send in your replies early as the serial is coming to an end in July

Looking forward to some thought provoking replies,

Cheers,

Akshata

P.S: Sorry for the wrong information friends,Astitva is not ending so soon.

Edited by Akshata - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simi1295 thumbnail

i do agree with the quote.  and yes it is true in all relationships.  you can not tie some1 if they want to leave.  so its better if you let them go. but i dont agree that simran did the right thing.  she let abhi go because he wanted to, gr8.  but she nvr moved on with her life. letting some1 go does not mean then you sit thr ur whole life and wait for that person to return.  and i believe that "once a cheater is always a cheater".  those are my thoughts im sure some of you might not agree, hope no 1 minds what i wrote.😊

guptavibhor thumbnail

First of all, I would like to introduce myself and say HI to you all. My name is Vibhor and I am a new member of your forum.

Thanks akshata for such an interesting topic to discuss. Before we talk about should we let our love go, I believe that its highly difficult to let your love go (if its really true love). I know this completely contradicts with the original statement, but hey thats what is practical (remember we are watching a TV show.....can you really live 18 years of your life without meeting someone?? another gud topic to discuss)

Next - is it a gud idea to let your love go. I say NO, because such a decision can be harsh on both sides and the result might be LOSING LOVE forever when you didn't want to and may be your love didnt either.... You know that you love him truly but may be your love wants some more time to realise. If both have realised, none of them would go. But if your love hasnt and you let him go, he would surely go to some other place and look for the same love he was getting before (thats what Abhi did and thats what human tendency is).... Result is in front of you...

I would end my post here. Sorry for a long reply!! Hope u guys didnt get bored :)

vvrsun thumbnail

It's a quote from Khalil Gibran ...

If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were.

richakang thumbnail
i definately agree with the quote as it is no point in trying to hold someone that does not want to stay, love can never be forced. If you do try to then the love in the relationship might not be left after a while as noone likes to be bound and do what they dont want to do. But about Simran hanging on to it for 18 yrs. that is not nice I mean common if she still meets Abhi and does not ask any questions that lady has some serious problem...I belive she should have millions of questions but yeah not to forget that if she does feel betrayed or whatever she has stood up for her love for abhi through out her life in front of the whole world very elegantly...I definately would admire a person like her, but still accepting him back without any explanations would be too GRAND and noone is sooooo forgiving...

That's it from my end......
vishu thumbnail

hi i m writing for the first time in this forum. plz forgie my mistakes. no offence to anyone but i stongly believe that if u feel that ur love doesn't love u . then just leave him/her n move ahead in life. dont ever think of that person coz life is too short to b wasted.and a broken heart💔 ll find blessings earlier than the ❤️ that broke it. remember to love sumone who loves u coz he/she is the only one in this whole world who can and ll keep u happy forever.so smile alwaysssssssssssssssssssss😊 😛😉 

i would  like to thank all my friends in this orum for regular updates. love u all. tc. 

kkkripa thumbnail

"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were"

.....these lines r so true ....donno abt anybody else....but in my personal life i've gone thru a certain situation like this & believe me.....since then...i motto these well said verses.but im sorry to say as far as Simran is concerned i've never seen her practically what she preaches she follows.

Akshata thumbnail

Hi guptavibhor,

Welcome to the forum.Thanks for participating in the discussion and No,we were not bored to read your reply.I am a newbie myself but I'm taking the liberty of requesting you to participate more actively in the forum.Believe me it's(the forum) clean fun and a learning centre.

Cheers,

Akshata

Akshata thumbnail

Thanks a lot vvrsun for the correct quote and the right source.I'll make the required changes.

Akshata.

sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

i agree with the quote, there is no use holding someone down who doesnt love you with their full heart, it will just cause you unhappiness and ur partner. i am a big believer in destiny, so if its meant to be then it will happen, if not just move on cuz life will have great things instore....i used to watch astitva, now i dont, but it sounds like simran hasnt moved on and that i believe is foolish.  if your going to let go your love, you also need to learn how to move on, there is no use wasting time waiting......only my opinion
i am also a newbie 😊