Which deserves the OSCAR? RDB or LRM?

Posted: 17 years ago

This year's OSCARS will see many Movies starring Bollywood stars compete for the Various categories to win the elusive Oscar!!

Even Canada is submitting a film starring Bollywood stars- Water by Mehta to the OSCARS!

This is sure to be some Year for Indian Filmmakers and Actors!

From our very own India however-

2 extremely successful movies will be competiting at the OSCARS!

Both reflect a modern India and its traditional aspects-

Both have popular star casts that have brought actors into the limelight-

Both of have rocking Soundtracks you are sure to hear playing everwhere you go-

Both have wonderfully developed, reaslitic characters-

Both have well narrated storylines and

Both have forced people to rethink their views and stances on many current issues...

BUT only one can win in each category??

Which movie do you think deserves an OSCAR??

INDIA'S ENTRY:

OR THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRY by V.V. Chopra:

So, which deserves an OSCAR?

In what category?

Why do you think one is more deserving?

Do you think the acting, direction, or production is better in one?

Aside from which one YOU think is better, which one do you think has better chances at the OSCARS considering past winners?

Do you think if something could be changed about one it would have more chances at winning?

What do you think detracts from the films and will keep the from winning an OSCAR?

Please do share your opinion!

ENJOY DEBATING!

AND REMEMBER- plz be polite and do not bash any member, actor/actress, or celebrity!

THANK YOU

~IF DEV TEAM~

I think that Rang de Bsanti is more of a aspect of what India is then Munna Bhai!

Though Munna Bhai has teh comedy that has took all of our hearts Amair Khan is also a very independent and dramatica actor. I sure can't decdie!! lol
Originally posted by *ba3ykush*

I think that Rang de Bsanti is more of a aspect of what India is then Munna Bhai!

Though Munna Bhai has teh comedy that has took all of our hearts Amair Khan is also a very independent and dramatica actor. I sure can't decdie!! lol

same here...both r awesomee movies...cant decideeeeee πŸ˜ƒ

Rang de basanti deserves Oscar than any other movie. It is best than LRMB in many ways.

first main reason is RDB's story is best according to today's time.its better than LRMB & more near to reality.RDB is better in performances, editing,soundrecording, direction,music, background music ect.etc. LRMB is comedy only for those who can understand Hindi.I dont think that it would be as entertaining and educative for those who dont understand the language.

Most important RDB is The Greatest Movie πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

Best of Luck RDB for OscarsπŸ‘πŸΌ

Edited by Rajeev Ki Heer - 17 years ago
LAGE RAHO MUNNA BHAI IS THE BESTT AND SHOULD WIN THE OSCARSSS!! 😊

I loved both the movies a LOT so its really hard for me to decide but I'd say RDB as it was more of 'oscar' material mainly because of its extremly strong storline, wonderful direction, awesome performances and out of the world music. Though LRM is easily one of my all time fav movies, RDB is more of a story that can touch ur heart in such a way that it makes u think abt your country, abt ur people, abt what is right and wrong and how the youth of india can do something other than sitting around and complaining. 😊

LRM has high morals too but RDB delivered its message in a stronger and more aggresive way so I choose RDB for the oscars 😊

Naina
P.S: Great topic, Shikha! πŸ‘

Edited by Virgo_Stars - 17 years ago
RDB defo its so much more meaningful and more presentable in many ways than LRM also it has more of an effect on all age groups
Rang de basanti hands down there is no comparison, Munnabhai was a great laugh riot, with the Gandhian principles,however, the latter movie is of true india 😊

Edited by prietyny - 17 years ago
I would go with RDB....i think the way Rakesh used the old history and connected it with the lives of just normal care-free people and sent out a message that any1 can make a difference and if they stick to what they believe then they can fight for unjustice being taken place....this movie had it all....comedy, romance, good music, excellent story line, great star cast and a message that appeals to all the youngsters....so i think RDB desrves to win for the best foregin film and hopefully it will

~Rashi~
awesome topic shikha! πŸ‘

i think rdb deserves the oscar...tho i loved lrm very much rdb opens ur eyes and is a trend setting film...acting, story, direction all were fabulous...from a winning point of view i think rdb has the greater chance of winning