Should there be a dress code??

Posted: 18 years ago
Do you guys think that there should be a dress code in colleges? If so then should it be only for girls? Are only girl's dresses provocative? What should be the dress code?
nah. Well maybe if its a very religious college or something. 

Guys also wear provocative clothing. If a dress code has to implemented, it should hold for both guys and girls.

I don't agree with a dress code for students in college but if at all it's implemented then it should be for BOTH guys and girls.

I certainly don't agree with the Principal and other "culture cops" who say that they implement dress code for girls to ensure they are safe. There should be warning against provocative dressing but to BOTH. It's so lame to say that girls get raped or commented because of their provocative dressing style. Then why are infants, kids and older women getting raped, abused and molested? According to some of these "culture cops" jeans, skirts, or any Western outfit is an "improper dress" for a girl but they have no problem with guys wearing anything. If girls wear loose fitted salwars then guys should go for dhotis and kurtas.😛

If dress code is implemented to give every student the same platform irrespective of their background then I am all for it. But I am not if the issue is biased.

There should only be a dress code if it applies to BOTH girls and boys!!! I hate it when people blame girls for being raped because of the clothes they were wearing!! I have seen ads where they show a girl getting off a bus wearing a mini-skirt, and then in the next second, they show men whisking her away to rape her!!!!! That is not true!! A person's dressing is based on how comfortable they are with themselves or what kinds of things they are into!! Somebody who wears a miniskirt maybe very social or maybe it makes her body appear in a way she likes ( short skirts make your legs look longer) !!! Boys also dress provacitivly, it is just that boys seem to get away with it because they are boys!!! Males get away with a lot in every society, even in dressing sense!! If a dress code is issued, it should apply to girls and boys!!!!!!

i agree w/ MONICA..dress code=boys n girls😕
there shouldn't be a dress code bocz then u have to waer stupid uniforms but if there was a code then a shirt or black pants with a nice shirt NO SWEATER😡
When I was in school in India we never had a dress code. All the rest of the school in my city had dress code accept mine. There are prons and cons to both. With dress code there is no comparission between rich/poor society. All have to wear same uniform and thus one kids wearing designer's clothes one wearing regular clothes comparission is not there which i think is very healthy. Kids need to be in enviornment without discremination and that's very important for their upbrining.

Also, if they do have dress code it should be for both girls and boys depending upon society, culture and environment. If it is for a conservative town you don't want short skirts for girls and stuff 'coz its just not practicle. Why to invite troubles!!! Also, depending upon weather. It's really a debate whether dress code are healthy to have or not.

As i said i never had dress code in school but then we had strict rules about what to wear and what not to wear. With all those restrictions its hard for parents to go out and shop for things that does not have TV icons, or salwar with dupattas for you girls, its not practicle... 😕 just my thoughts!
If there is a dress code has to both for boys and girls..
no dress code...it will ruin the freedom of expression !!