Debate Mansion

Are beauty pageants exploitation of women

Poll

Are beauty pageants exploitation of women? Please voice your opinion.

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
anjali.nair thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Are beauty pageants exploitation of women? Please give your views in what way they are and not.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

samir_soni thumbnail

In my opinion, yes.

If it's all about searching the most beautiful girl of the year, then I have nothing against it, but the winners also get instant access to many important world affairs when many others had to work hard to achieve. So, the beauty pagent winners should qualify only as models and actresses and if they want to be something else, they should work hard like some other girl to get success.

icy_devil thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
maybe because they thinkt hey are pretty and it matters wht u are from the inside not from the outside but the ppl r looking 4 beauty
MonicA#1Actress thumbnail
I don't think beauty pageants are all about beauty!!! It is about self-confidence and self-respect!!! If it is all about beauty, then why is that the one I aways find prettiest is not the one who wins!!! It is also about the interview which is very important!!! And besides, women do them because they are comfortable with the whole idea and they know not to feel bad that they didn't win!!! There is more to a beauty pageant than being beautiful!! Trust me, I know!!!!!!!! 
Srk~Luvr thumbnail
i hav no idea!😕i am not sure!
I was in a pageant recently ( I am crowned Miss New York) and I had a lot of fun!!!!😉
Zahira thumbnail
Originally posted by: samir_soni

In my opinion, yes.

If it's all about searching the most beautiful girl of the year, then I have nothing against it, but the winners also get instant access to many important world affairs when many others had to work hard to achieve. So, the beauty pagent winners should qualify only as models and actresses and if they want to be something else, they should work hard like some other girl to get success.

I agree

gurjeeta thumbnail
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT DOES EXPLIOTION MEAN?😳
I never felt like I was being used!!!😕
sowmyaa thumbnail
Ok, I personally think that it is an exploitation upto an extend, but then again, if girl chooses to go in this profession its her and her family's own choice and I think she should be responsible for explaoitaion, consequences whatever!! I don't think there are women who are sent in this profession by force. So why should outsider discuss if it's an explitation or not, 'coz that's what they have selected and they should be responsible for it. If they think it's exploitation it's their choice, if they think it's not well good for them!! 😕 'coz i think it's hard to change the whole system and I think every profession have people getting expolited all the time some profession has obvious exploitation and some places its subtle. I would rather admire women in beauty pagents who have guts to be bold and enhance their talent with all these hardships and people who can be really mean in this industries. Not all people have guts to do that. it's a challenge to be in glamorous world and keep your esteem high!Edited by bgdesai - 18 years ago