HARRY POTTER HELP!

blughost91 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
HEY....I'M SORT OF CONFUSED WITH THE CONCEPT OF NEWTS AND OWLS.....I MEAN HOW ARE THEY GRADED?????? I'VE BEEN READING THE BOOKS MORE THAN ONCE FOR YEARS NOW BUT I STILL DON'T GET THE OWLS AND NEWTS THING......SUM1 HELP PLZ!?!??!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morgoth thumbnail

OWLs (Ordinary Wizarding Levels) - there are supposed to be 12 in total - are taken in 5th year (10th grade in Muggle world)

Grades are as follows:

O = Outstanding

E = Exceeds Expectations

A = Acceptable

P = Poor

D = Dreadful

NEWTS = Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests are taken in 7th year (12th Grade in Muggle World)

The OWL results will affect being taken into NEWT level classes.

Hope this helps!

Monaji thumbnail

I think Fred and George created it....

If "T" grade was there, I'm sure Snape would have given the same grade to Harry...

daniel_4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
 ya he would.... he really hates harry πŸ˜‘
Morgoth thumbnail
Yep, T = Troll was a joke, which is why every1 laughed when the twins mentioned it.
blughost91 thumbnail
thanx! that helps 😊 .....i mite have missed it wen i was readin cuz i read books real fast so sumtimes i miss most of the story......but the 12 in total would be the classes rite???? like potions, DADA, charms, all that jazz.....or is it sumthin else.......omg i'm sorry.....i'm just slow like this.....
daniel_4ever thumbnail

u read books really fast ..... i read them like not tooo slow so that i understand all the things written by J.K Rowling..
daniel_4ever thumbnail
 i jus really wanted to ask do u read the books to know what rupert is gonna play in the movie... i mean ron but what is he gonna do.... πŸ˜†
blughost91 thumbnail
Originally posted by: daniel_4ever

i jus really wanted to ask do u read the books to know what
rupert is gonna play in the movie... i mean ron but what is he gonna
do....πŸ˜†

u know ms. daniel_4ever if that is ur real name.....i started to read the books way back wen i was in the fourth grade.....that was years b4 the movies came out.....i realized my love❀️ for rupert wen i first saw the second movie....wat about u?????did u only start readin the books to know wat dan is gonna play in the movie 😑 ????? just jokin...... 😊most ppl say that so wat i just said plz don't mind it.....it's all tru though.....i really did start liking rupert in the second movie......anyways i still want to know wat the 12 in total is!
Morgoth thumbnail

Hey blug,

the 12 OWLS do stand for the subjects - I think there is one OWL for theory and one for the practical exam.