•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
Zee bets big on its biggest ever production 'Time Bomb'

By BIJOY A K
Indiantelevision.com Team
(16 June 2005 7:00 pm)

MUMBAI: How will you handle an explosive? Carefully and shrewdly. That is just what Zee TV is doing with its new weekly serial Time Bomb - an "international socio political psychological thriller" -- that is launching 20 June.

What makes Time Bomb a crucial property for Zee TV is that it has made huge investments on the project. Though channel executives were not forthcoming on the details, director Ketan Mehta gave some indication about the scale of the project when he revealed to indiantelevision.com that Time Bomb would be Zee's biggest production ever among soaps.

Director Ketan Mehta

Time bomb is the channel's first attempt in the spy thriller genre. It has roped in the cream of the industry, whether in terms of starcast or director, to be a part of the project. And the person who had taken the initiative to create the set up was none other than Zee Telefilms Ltd CMD Subhash Chandra.

"After I finished my movie The Rising, I got a call from Subhashji. He wanted me to do a project for Zee. It excited me. We kicked off the project six months ago," said Mehta at the media briefing announcing the launch of the mega-show.

Zee TV marketing head Mehra reveals that Zee is spending a significant amount of money in marketing Time Bomb. "The channel is spending its highest amount ever in marketing the serial. The outdoor campaign has already begun. We are doing it extensively."

< = =text/> < = src="https://www.india-forums.com/phpadsnew/adjs.php?n=529610314&what=zone:10&exclude=," =text/> < code=http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0 height=60 width=350 id=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000>< NAME="_cx" VALUE="9260">< NAME="_cy" VALUE="1588">< NAME="FlashVars" VALUE="">< NAME="Movie" VALUE="/advt/cnn/y2k5/may/pax-350x60-new.swf">< NAME="Src" VALUE="/advt/cnn/y2k5/may/pax-350x60-new.swf">< NAME="WMode" VALUE="Window">< NAME="Play" VALUE="-1">< NAME="Loop" VALUE="-1">< NAME="Quality" VALUE="High">< NAME="SAlign" VALUE="">< NAME="Menu" VALUE="-1">< NAME="" VALUE="">< NAME="AllowAccess" VALUE="always">< NAME="Scale" VALUE="ShowAll">< NAME="DeviceFont" VALUE="0">< NAME="Movie" VALUE="0">< NAME="BGColor" VALUE="">< NAME="SWRemote" VALUE="">< NAME="Movie" VALUE="">< NAME="SeamlessTabbing" VALUE="1"> < src='/advt/cnn/y2k5/may/pax-350x60-new.swf' quality=high width='350' height='60' ='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspace='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashp'></></>

Quite naturally, Zee has given its pet project an aggressive positioning. Time Bomb is a one-hour show starting at 10:00 pm airing only on Mondays. If one were to look at it from a genre perspective, it will be locking horns directly with Sony Entertainment Television's 10:30 pm thriller CID Special Bureau. It will of course also be coming up against Star Plus' Big Two soaps Kyunkii... and Kahaani...

Zee presents the cream of Indian television in 'Time Bomb'

Zee TV programming head Ashwini Yardi says the show was not slotted against Sony's successful Friday thriller CID since the channel didn't want to alter its Sa Re Ga Ma schedule. Yardi says the attempt is to tap various genres.

"With Kareena Kareena, we are exploring the dramedy genre. Then Sarrkkar is a political saga. Now, with Time Bomb, we are tapping the thriller space. Our efforts to innovate with various programming genres will continue," says Yardi.

Time Bomb is a fixed duration serial that will run for 25 weeks. Yardi doesn't rule out possibilities of a Time Bomb 2 if everything works out well. "If the show is successful, we will definitely look at giving it an extension. There could be a second part."

Time Bomb is also an attempt by the channel to woo the male audiences. When queried how risky it was to launch a male-oriented show in a space ruled by female-oriented soaps, Yadri said Time Bomb had strong female presence. "The show has strong female characters. Then, more than a soap, it is a high profile project, which we expect will surely attract the eyeballs."

"Our research findings have shown that people were eagerly waiting for this kind of a project," chips in Tarun Mehra.

Looks like it is bombs away on the programming front for Zee TV.

TIME BOMB 9/11... THREE DAYS TO GO!!!

TIMINGS: Mondays 09:30 p.m. P.S.T & 10:00  p.m. I.S.T

Rajeev Khandelwal & Akashdeep Seagel's fans this is a must watch for all of us!!!

thankx 4 the article natz.....zee seems pretty confident abt the show...it does sem quite BIG....n ya in tht pic who r the two women standing with rajeev...one I know is amruta saluja...whos teh other....gosh both of these women seem 2 be eyeing rajeev😡...y arent they looking at the camera...both r looking at raj😡😡.....i understand...humara rajeev hai hi itna handsome😃....nazar hat thi hi nahin!😉

Im praying everyday 4 the show 2 be successful.....hope time bomb blasts off kyunki n kahaani...if it manages 2 do tht then tht will be lik creating history...afterall kyunki is the no. 1 4 the past 5 yrs or so......but Zee seem 2 be quite confident n so does Ketan Mehta....TB 2...tht 2 sounds interesting....how abt having Sasha as the villian 4 tht...infact I think Sushant Singh (the guy frm JUNGLE) will also be gud against rajeev!....ok TB 1 hasnt come yet...n im already thinking of TB2!

You're right Sneha.. didn't notice that they were eyeing Raj... mera bas chaley to aankhen 😆

nah I dont blame them....afterall they r females....n any normal female cant help but keep lokoing at rajeev.....isnt amrita looking kinda fat in tht dress....n what the hell is aakash weaaring..i guess they r in their time bomb  costumes...otherwise aaksh is usualyl well drssed.....n ya nice avtaar natz...isnt it frm a dream sequence in KTH.....u knw wat i missed this scene in KTH (where aamna is kissing rajeev's hand...) n I havent seen it yet...can u tell me abt the scene if u have seen it plz....

haha yess ur rite neha 😉1st i also blushed wiv anger but den realised k nai itz not dere fault its r rajeevz fault dat hez jusss too guddd n amazin dat ne1 can jusss falll 4 himmm.....hez a sweetheartttt😳

awwww he luks sooo cute in da picccc.....but dis pic culd ave been more pretty if i[dina]was in it wiv ma sweety rajeev 😃

hehe i don minddd 1 ov u wiv meeeee n rajeev as his attention wuld b to meee tuuu......lol

abbb u decide whoz it gona b whether natz or u sneha???

Where ever Rajeev goes i guess Aamna will always be in his heart. 😉

What do u think?

ahem ahem ahem..........

bhaskar i feel like killin ekta 4 dissss

yar nowww its really ttoooo muchhhh 😡

i cried alot at dat pic 😭😭

its nott fairr at allll

i want himmmm bakkkkk......

i want him bakkkkkk.....😳😳

n on top ov it u bhaskar........ur sayin uss poorrrr 😭😭😡

bro don say dissss😳

Sorry Sneha... all I know is that it's a dream sequence... don't know when and how it happened, maybe someone else can elaborate...

no probs natz......dina if I even get within 1000 cm of rajeev I'll faint dear.......or Ill go hyper......man Iwish aamna was standing in tht pic...but 2 tell the truth amrita suits the role of a journalist....aamna wouldve been 2 glamourous 4 the role...btw dina one good news 4 u......rajeev n amrita r 'separated' (divorced) in time bomb....check out my post titled 'waiting 2 explode...mid-day article'....but the bad news is tht there will be a few romantic moments between rajeev n amrita coz ketan mehta said tht this story has action, romance blah blah......obviously aakash is not going 2 romancing any1....so rajeev n amrita will be romancing😡!.....

the other girl in the pic is the person who plays the Prime MIniters daughter in the show