Does maturity necessarily come with age??

Posted: 17 years ago

Over the last week,I've been called Immature many a times..."You are just 18",the most convinient lineπŸ˜†

But,I've seen older people conduct themselves in such reprehensible manner,that It amuses me,that how people assume that maturity comes with AgeπŸ˜•

True,as One confronts more anf more of predicaments and turmoils,one learns something from them...

But at the same time,they are so many grown ups,who have the mental growth and maturity of a 6 year old(With all due respect to 6 year oldsπŸ˜‰)....

So does maturity necessarily come with age??...Does being married or having kids make one more mature than someone who is very young??

My second question is about the escpist tendency....how would you define the "escapist tendency"....Because some people blame others for their mistakes,and when they are totally zapped too,they resort to ensuing the blame game......Isnt this a connotation of escapism

Would like to know others' views

Originally posted by Buffie

Over the last week,I've been called Immature many a times..."You are just 18",the most convinient lineπŸ˜†

But,I've seen older people conduct themselves in such reprehensible manner,that It amuses me,that how people assume that maturity comes with AgeπŸ˜•

Would like to know others' views

Want to know my view? You are growing up and they are just getting older.πŸ˜‰

Haha Buffie!

"Maturity" is a relative term. Sonetimes, people who are very polite (even if it is superficial as who knows what they actually think?) , very careful with words consider themselves "matured"- instead of "politically correct" while "Staright-forward" people who speak their mind get labeled as "immature".

The trouble once again is that maturity is a relative term.

Age and experiences while living life INDEPENDENTLY do give one a certain sense of maturity. Independent living compels you to become a bit more responsible than you can get away with in a loving home with elders.
But age and independence itself is NOT SUFFICIENT to make someone matured. Being married and having kids DEFINITELY doesn't qualify one to become matured. I know several married women with children who could use some serious GROWING UP πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

On the other hand, there are examples of those CHILDREN, who become very responsible, and overly matured at an early age, sometimes sadly due to loss of parent / other unfortunate events. For them, childhood just evaporates.

Then there are the ones who are very shrewed and political, who pat their backs by misinterpreting their behaviour as maturity. Some ppl stop enjoying silly jokes and silly things and call themselves "matured". i rally disagree with all that. On the other hand, it doesn;t matter that you may drool over pin up guys (that keep changing with passing day)..
it doesn;t matter as long as
you define who you are, what you want to be, what are the things that actually matter in life, what should be your priorities, how to be independent, how to set goals and create a plan to achieve them and work on them... how to support family & friends, help people in need and help yourself become a better person, how to learn from mistakes and not repeat them.. to take care of urslef and others that matter to u..
I guess these are some of the qualities that make you a grown up and matured person. Many married ppl, parents, even old people don;t take these matters seriouly. Their life goes on as the age increases. It is never too late to become matured, as long as one doesn;t hallucinate to be matured already πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Last but not the least, I don;t find you immature. All you 18 year old gals, you are young and inexperienced. Have a great time growing up just as the many of the rest of us AUNTIES have.   πŸ˜‰

QT didiEdited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
Hey Buffie!!
Right topic!!
I'm 24 but even then i behave in very immature manner.Elders of the forum know how immatured I'm.
Maturity does'nt come with age.

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Hey Buffie!!
Right topic!!
I'm 24 but even then i behave in very immature manner.Elders of the forum know how immatured I'm.
Maturity does'nt come with age.

😲😲😲...If YOU are immature,I can call myself a toddler.....You are one of the most mature members here

😲😲😲...If YOU are immature,I can call myself a toddler.....You are one of the most mature members here

subtracting the years, .. u r yet to be born then , cos i am 33!!  and drooling over abhiπŸ˜‰  πŸ˜†
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

subtracting the years, .. u r yet to be born then , cos i am 33!!  and drooling over abhiπŸ˜‰  πŸ˜†

hahahahaha....Weird how some poeple judge somebody based on crushesπŸ˜†...

Someone called me immature saying "you keep changing from abhishek to hrithik to john ..you're so immature"....πŸ˜•

hahahahaha....Weird how some poeple judge somebody based on crushesπŸ˜†...

Someone called me immature saying "you keep changing from abhishek to hrithik to john ..you're so immature"....πŸ˜•

Buffiee!! Please Pm me the names of the people who called u immature .O need to appreciate them in private.I too wonder whose fan r u?Abhi or Hritik or SRK or OLD AB.....

But I really know you adore only people who have brains and I know u r not a fan of any of these creatures Abhi,Hritik and all.

Reg ur topic of debate:

Mental Maturity does'nt come with age.There are two types of human beings ,namely:

Adult Child Mentality people: People who are old at age and childish at thought and behaviour.

Child Adult Mentality people: People who are young at age and matured ,elderly at thought and behaviour.

I think in DM we have more second variety of people. MNMS,MKzara,.T and ofcourse you belong to this variety.Not flattering a bit.

I don't want to mention the first variety of people(of DM) .

Cheers,

Mythili

hehe,I dont worship ABhi/Hrithik/John....Just drool over their looks πŸ˜† ...Just like how you like Ram 😳

I'm not anyone fan's so as to speak...I like Hrithik,Aamir but I'm not a monomaniacal fan,I like Abhishek,but I criticize him too when he looks bad/acts bad....But these look so gorgeous,So what's the harm in drooling πŸ˜† ..But drooling alone shouldnt make me immatureπŸ˜•

I know I've been immature in the past,and I really dont mind people who are really matureπŸ˜‰ commenting about me..What is hilarious is that I get comments from 14-15 year olds "Buffie is so immature" πŸ˜•  πŸ˜• ..and Aunties too at times πŸ˜‰ ...But those are the anties whom I think need to grow up
  and smell the coffee themselvesπŸ˜†Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
maturity does not come with age, but with the mental growth that spurts from life experiences. again the choice of learning from experiences are your own. you may either choose to learn from experiences and change where necessary or remain the same and be bitter. being analytical about one's life, and retrospection of events happenning in your life, will help you understand yourself better, and help you love yourself with your faults, and not be blind to them.

life experience doesnt necesarily make you mature but it may make you smarter. so you see they are all interlinked. you experience, and understand that experience, then learn from it, and then retrospect your deeds, and therefrom comes the wisdom to know that you have the maturity to take the right decision. lots of people lose at various stages in this thread of understanding. but unless all of them come together, maturity may not come by!! do you get what i mean??? i am not so sure i have elucidated this all that well...but then...