DOTW:Ron/Hermione vs. Harry/Hermione

Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
Discussion of the Week:
Ron/Hermione vs. Harry/Hermione
(who'z cuter??)πŸ˜‰

Ok guyzzzz.....let the ship warzzz beginnnnnnnπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
Okay...basically HPF has never had wars (put in milder terms: discussionsπŸ˜‰) related to shipping...

whats shipping, u ask??πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
Well...our lovely JKR has so nicely put in sooo many couples...esp in Half-blood prince...that HP fans like too many couples at a time...
Be it Lily/James or Harry/Cho or Hermione/Krum or Ron/Lavender or...etc etc..

We love their romance...their relationships, right?πŸ˜³πŸ˜‰
SO basically a ship =relationSHIP

Ok...so now...first n foremost...I thought we should start off with the 'baap' of all debates in HP fandom since......eternity...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

The one question every HP fan has asked himself or herself....

Who will apni Hermione choose from her 'boyz'?πŸ˜‰

Will it be the green-eyed, black haired Chosen-One AKA Harry James Potter for whom Herm-own-ninny is always worried?πŸ˜‰
i.e will it be HARRY/HERMIONE

OR

Will it be Won-won...the red-haired Weasley boy who nevah fails to get a fight out of her AKA Ron Bilius Weasley???πŸ˜‰
i.e RON/HERMIONE

So all u gotta do is....tell which ship u like...and why u like themπŸ˜‰

Ok be ready to defend these if ur a H/Hr fan

Ok so things against H/Hr:
1) They're dead-boring.....
2) It'll leave Ron out as the odd-ball
3) Hermione's way too scared of Harry's temper( like in OotP)
4) They never have fun together..(i.e without Ron being there with them)

Defend these if ur a R/Hr fan:
Things against R/Hr:
1) They justt keep on fighting...so when wil they romance each other?
2) They don't believe each other enough(like in HBP abt the Felix Felicis)
3) They have said some really nasty things to each other...
4) If they go off romancing together...what will happen to Harry's Misson: Destroying Horcruxes+Voldemort???

Have fun!
Loads of love n mischief...
HP Dev team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Snape thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
JKR herself trashed the Harry-Hermione ship idea. Though own-own/Hermy sounds much better .

reasons :

1. they are opposite

ron : bad student, lazy worker,unattentive, generally rude, good sense of humor, brave, intutive. hermy : good student, hard worker, attentive, generally kind, dry sense of humor, worried, methodic.

2. harry and harmione is too close and depandant on eachother as friends. They care for eachother, but there is no place for romanticism between them and they never expressed any hint of that for eachothers.

3. in the OOTP , the chapter where ron gets his prefect badge , JKR hinted on the type of hermione's love for harry , showing the comparison of ron's mother's joy for ron and hermione's joy for harry on the prefect badge, which is a slight hint that hermione love for harry is just kind of 'parental' [mugglenet theory]

4. an argueing couple is cuter :p . harry/hermy never fights [when they do, ron is somehow involved]
Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

I go with Harry Hermione!!!

Yes yes yes!!! Why? Coz it's not always that opposites attract!!! πŸ˜† Harry would be nowhere without her..... for all her help, care, guidelines, the numerous times she's risked her life for him? Which, I don't think Ginny ever did! Actually, it would be the other way round! 😳

Harry and Hermione were meant to be... I don't know if it actually happens or not... but i feel it would be really great!!!

*Note: Cool, it's a sticky already! Thanx for the post, Harshu, and great idea!*

-Sam πŸ˜‰
xChandnix thumbnail
Harry & Hermoine all the way they are just too cute, I've never had it for red-heads I guess, wow-won with lavendar well stay with her πŸ˜†

I mean Hermione and Harry are so cute and Hermoine is always together with Harry knowing all the difficulties his faced and helping him while Ginny has neever really experienced all this.

Hermoine has been with him from the beggining and to tell the truth gets annoying sometimes, hecan't even ask a girl out and well Hermoine is always giving advice to him like Cho when that failure date happened in Hogsmede πŸ˜†

She's always helped him and Harry has well if u think of it ginny's qualities are very much like Hermione, I mean can u see Hermoione placing a rakhi onHarry while i can see Ginny,(a rubbish reason to prove my point)

Ginny just literally admires Harry but i don't think she really loved him, she's a year and he saved her but still shes a bit too young i think and I can't really see her with Harry.

I hope you are able to undersdtand my bashan although some of my points are really bad guys πŸ˜†
PixieDust91 thumbnail
I was a major HHr shipper, but now I don't like either.

Here's what I think: Hermione's just annoying, she doesn't deserve Harry.😳 I've never really liked Ron. He can end up with who ever he wants, as long as it's not Hermione. I've never liked Ginny either. I'm fine as long as she doesn't end up with Harry. Lets face it, there are no good Boy/Girl pairings in HP(exept for James/Lily).😈 That's why I'm a Harry/Draco shipper.

Here's what I think will happen: J.K.R. said that the HHr idea isn't possible. If she says so, it won't happen. Remember, she's the author.

RHr seems pretty obvious now, HBP had tons of RHr incidents. There's no point in debating now.

BTW Snape, I like your sig! πŸ˜‰ Edited by PixieDust91 - 17 years ago
Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail

I have always liked Harry Hermione from the starting of the book........Before I was the only one who used to support Harry Hermione but now I see so many Harry Hermione fans. Gr8 to see that all the viewbies have the same choice like mine😎

Ron and Hermione are always fighting with each other. I don't mind them together and in every love story movies the theme is"First the boy and girl hate each other then they fallin love with each other and bla bla bla " but for me it is not interesting to read 😳though it is interesting to watch but in Hp movies they have never shown a typical Hermione Ron fight 😳. I like the way Hermione cares for Harry. Though her love can be called Parental still I like the friendship and bond between too.

So I always ship Harry Hermione and besides I feel Dan and Emma look together😊

xChandnix thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: PixieDust91

I was a major HHr shipper, but now I don't like either.

Here's what I think: Hermione's just annoying, she doesn't deserve Harry.😳 I've never really liked Ron. He can end up with who ever he wants, as long as it's not Hermione. I've never liked Ginny either. I'm fine as long as she doesn't end up with Harry. Lets face it, there are no good Boy/Girl pairings in HP(exept for James/Lily).😈 That's why I'm a Harry/Draco shipper.

Here's what I think will happen: J.K.R. said that the HHr idea isn't possible. If she says so, it won't happen. Remember, she's the author.

RHr seems pretty obvious now, HBP had tons of RHr incidents. There's no point in debating now.

BTW Snape, I like your sig! πŸ˜‰

I agree with u in JKR way because there will probably not be a Hermione and harry relationship, so it might be ron/hermione in the book although i don't really think hermione should have ron maybe victor will be back, no he's too old for her, think JKR way mmabe someone else jsut hope not Ron but prob definitely not Harry although i hope it wasπŸ˜†

Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh well....I have always known it would be ron/hermione since GoF. And I love R/Hr while I basically hate the idea of H/Hr as it makes Hermione into a sort of Heroine of the HP series (well she is but not in that hindi movie way πŸ˜‰ ) and the idea of H/Hr also lessens Ron's importance..as though he's a sidekick and Hermione is Harry's heroine whereas JKR has always made both ron and hermione as side-kicks and Harry as the sole hero.

Plus I love the platonic friendship that Harry Hermione have...they love each other...just not that way. It doesen't help that Ron and Hermione are so made for each other and so adorable! 😳 😳 😳

And the fact that when u fancy someone...there's supposed to be lots n lots of blushing....which I find in R/Hr .
Edited by xMarauderx - 17 years ago
cool_pooja thumbnail
What i WANT : Harry-Hermoine
They look really cute together and hermoine is always there for him wen he needs her and visa versa. I think dere is more to their frndship. And dey defintly arnt boring. Serious, yes, but not boring. And i think dere romance wud be intense. 😳

What wud Happen : Ron-Hermoine
As far as i see, Ron-Hermoine are gonna get together. Thats the clues JK rowling is giving atleast. But seriously, hermoine is way too serious for him. And i dunt lyk ron much. Hez overdoes it sumtymes. πŸ˜•

Pooja
dm_hpcrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: xMarauderx

Ok so things against H/Hr:
1) They're dead-boring.....
2) It'll leave Ron out as the odd-ball
3) Hermione's way too scared of Harry's temper( like in OotP)
4) They never have fun together..(i.e without Ron being there with them)

About #3, i felt that she was infact good with his anger, she knew exactly how ot handle it, on the other hand Ron didnt and Ron is Harry's better friend (clearly seen in GoF)  example follows..
--

"Been having a nice little chat with her about whether or not I'm a lying, attention-seeking prat, have you?" said Harry loudly.

"No," said Hermione calmly. "I told her to keep her big fat mouth shut about you, actually. And it would be quite nice if you stopped jumping down Ron's and my throats, Harry, because if you haven't noticed, we're on your side."

There was a short pause.

"Sorry," said Harry in a low voice

pg 222

--

i noe this wasnt really the reply of the discussion.. for my discussion - i would love to have harry/hermione, but thats only for fanfiction, when i read the books, i see it totally as ron and hermione. It just fits in too well, agreed they fight/argue but thats normal oddly enough. in my school , ppl who like each other, argue more than normal friends.. and ofcourse teh card which everyone plays for R/Hr   Opposite Attracts

Edited by dm_hpcrazy - 17 years ago