Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
Lucky Rakshak for Plus!

Starting tonight, watch a show that will set your pulses racing as you travel with Lucky, the new boy on the STAR Plus' weekend entertainment block.

Witty escapades, filled with fun will bring a new story every week. Having introduced and established some fresh and innovative Programming mix in its weekend prime-time band, in less than a year's span, India's leading general entertainment channel - STAR Plus has successfully gained more than three times the viewer ship of its nearest competition.

Keeping up to this sequence, the channel is now, well on its way up to add more fun to its programming pool with the launch of its new weekend primetime show - Lucky, starting tonight - 4 November, 8 PM only on STAR Plus!

Produced by the acclaimed Sagar Arts Productions, who have demonstrated their expertise and flair for fiction through the popular series - Hatim and the historical extravaganza Dharti Ka Veer Yoddha - Prithviraj Chauhan. Lucky is yet another initiative, by the Sagars, which is certain to woo the younger viewers, and further consolidate the channel's viewership in its already established weekend supremacy, now with a greater focus on family entertainment.

Deepak Segal, Executive Vice President, STAR India Pvt. Ltd, said "After launching Antariksh in the weekday 8 PM primetime slot, we are now excited to offer yet another show on the same timeslot on Saturdays for our younger viewers. Lucky is an out and out adventure story packaged with a heavy doze of fun and entertainment, which is sure to capture the fancy of not only kids but all age groups at large with its sheer exciting tales that Lucky narrates week on week!"

The Lucky One
Promising to create a sensation in the entertainment world, it's a story about a young man Lucky, who runs a fake antique shop in Chor Bazaar and has the simplest ways of living, i.e. conning people by selling them fake antiques and actually making them believe, that the artifacts are genuine. Lucky is a street smart, confident and intelligent character, who loves life the way it comes until he gets to know about the Rakshak's who were born for protecting sacred and priceless treasures and that now he is going to be the chosen one... The fifth Rakshak.

Lucky Cast
Totally unprepared for such a news, Lucky refuses to go along with this silly thought, as he calls it, inspite of the efforts made by Inder Mohan Sharma, a museum curator and Acharya Joshi, a 500 year old friendly ghost nonetheless, to convince him. From here on begins Lucky's first mission, which he is literally forced to go on (in a special plane captained by Captain Paswan) but a task that only Lucky can take up as he is undoubtedly the fifth Rakshak. Thus begins Lucky's new life as a "Rakshak" that takes him and the gang on an exciting journey and nail biting adventures in every episode that are sure to keep the viewers on the edge of their seats.

The show is directed by Nisser Parvej and the cast includes Lucky played by Gautam Rhode; Inder Mohan Sharma played by Gyan Prakash Sharma; Captain Paswan played by Banwarilal Jhol and AJ i.e. Acharya Joshi played by Anang Desai.

So, stay tuned and join Lucky as he goes on a new adventure trip every weekend starting tonight at 8 PM only on STAR Plus!

http://www.indya.com/news/sp_lucky.html
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Aparna practices witchcraft!

Everyone knows Aparna Tilak as the naughty girl in Family No.1, the sweet anchor of the Poppodam Show and presently as the munificent Dr.Shalini of Left Right Left. But the lady is all game to try out new avatars even if it happens to be that of a wily, wicked witch. Yes, that's exactly what she will be seen as in an episode of the new show, Lucky on Star Plus.

Lucky played by Gautam Rode, is a fantasy and adventure show where the protagonist goes around solving crimes and his escapades provide an interesting and worth-watching scenes for kids and adults alike.

Coming back to the witch's story, Aparna is elated about portraying a negative character for the first time. "I am a witch-in-a-widow's guise who lives in a small village. I get to wear this huge gown made of leather, cracked cement make-up and opaque lenses. There are four scenes where I indulge in sword fighting too," exclaims an elated Aparna. In a scene where she had to throw thermocol stones at protagonist Lucky, she picked up real stones and was about to throw when she realized her mistake.

Thank God, luck was with Lucky, or else….

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/nov/6nov/news_aparna.php

-Khushiyana- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
STAR Plus gets adventurous with 'Lucky'
Subscribe India News
Friday, October 20, 2006

Buoyed by the success of 'Kaun Banega Crorepati', STAR Plus came up with quite a few weekend extravaganzas but none matched the TRPs of the Amitabh Bachchan-hosted game show. The channel is hoping to change that with their latest offering 'Lucky - The Fifth Rakshak' that goes on the air Nov 4.

'Lucky' is a weekend special for kids, full of fun with every slot having a new story.

The adventure series is being produced by Sagar Arts Productions, who produced the fictional series 'Hatim' and the historical extravaganza 'Dharti Ka Veer Yoddha - Prithviraj Chauhan'.

Gautam Rode, who is presently working in 'Baa, Bahu Aur Baby' and 'Paraya Dhan', plays the protagonist.

'I play a guy who copies antiques from museums and sells them in the Chor Bazaar at a very high price. One day he finds out that his father was a Rakshak, (saviour of the world) and he has to follow his footsteps. He is appalled at this new twist in life and refuses to be a Rakshak saying his 'job is to con people and not to save them',' Gautam told IANS over the phone from Lucknow.

Gautam is confident youngsters will enjoy the series.

'Lucky is doing everything - from fighting to singing. It is episodic. Every time a new story will be told. It is like a short commercial masala film. In some stories special effects are used. I am sure people will like the effects.
-Khushiyana- thumbnail
Lucky hai woh!
SHOWBUZZ NETWORK | Friday, October 27, 2006 10:12:7 IST
The much awaited adventure series Lucky will air every Saturdays on Star Plus

Promising to create a sensation in the entertainment world, it's a story about a young man - Lucky', who runs a fake antique shop in Chor Bazaar and has the simplest ways of living, i.e. conning people by selling them fake antiques and actually making them believe, that the artefacts are genuine. Lucky is a street smart, confident and intelligent character, who loves life the way it comes until he gets to know about the Rakshak's who were born for protecting sacred and priceless treasures and that now he is going to be the chosen one...the fifth Rakshak. Totally unprepared for this, Lucky refuses to go along with this silly thought, as he calls it, inspite of the efforts made by Inder Mohan Sharma, a museum curator and Acharya Joshi, a 500-year-old friendly ghost nonetheless, to convince him. From here on begins Lucky's first mission, which he is literally forced to go on (in a special plane captained by Captain Paswan) but a task that only Lucky can take up as he is undoubtedly the 5th Rakshak.
The show is directed by Nisser Parvej and the cast includes Lucky played by Gautam Rhode; Inder Mohan Sharma played by Gyan Prakash Sharma; Captain Paswan played by Banwarilal Jhol and AJ i.e. Acharya Joshi played by Anang Desai.
Stay tuned and join Lucky as he goes on a new adventure trip every weekend starting Nov 4, and thereafter every Saturdays at 8:00 p.m. only on Star Plus!
-Khushiyana- thumbnail
Star Plus to get Lucky with kids

Chaya Unnikrishnan
Posted online: Friday, October 20, 2006 at 0000 hours IST

STAR Plus is wooing the children in a big way. After Antariksh, the channel is all set to launch an adventure show.

Starting November 4 at 8.00 p.m., Lucky produced by Sagar Arts Productions is touted to be an-out and-out adventure story packaged with a heavy dose of fun and entertainment.

Deepak Segal, Executive Vice President, STAR India Pvt. Ltd, said "After launching Antariksh in the weekday 8 p.m. primetime slot, we are now excited to offer yet another show on the same timeslot on Saturdays for our younger viewers. Promising to create a sensation in the entertainment world, it's a story about a young man Lucky, who runs a fake antique shop in Chor Bazaar and has the simplest ways of living, i.e. conning people by selling them fake antiques and actually making them believe that the artifacts are genuine."

Gautam Rhode who plays the title role, elaborates that "Lucky is a street smart, a confident and intelligent character, who loves life the way it comes until he gets to know about the 'Rakshaks' who were born for protecting sacred and priceless treasures and that now he is going to be the chosen one...the fifth Rakshak." Totally unprepared for such a news, Lucky refuses to go along with this silly thought inspite of the efforts made by Inder Mohan Sharma, a museum curator and Acharya Joshi, a 500 year old friendly ghost nonetheless, to convince him. "That's because my father who is supposed to have been the fourth Rakshak dies when I am a kid and so I am unware about it," informs Gautam.

He is however a good guy at heart and when he told that there has been a big crisis he agrees to help. The task he is set out to do is find an anitque sword. Though reluctant at first, Lucky agree eventually because it will help him make a lot of money. Thus begins Lucky's new life as a Rakshak that takes him and the gang on an exciting journey and adventures."

A one hour episodic, the show will have a new story and actors every week. Only the main characters of the show including Gautam Rhode and Inder Mohan Sharma played by Gyan Prakash Sharma; Captain Paswan played by Banwarilal Jhol & AJ i.e. Acharya Joshi played by Anang Desai will remain constant. The show is directed by Nissar Parvej.

Advertisement
Gautam who was last seen in Baa Bahoo Aur Baby as Anish recently entered Betiyaan Apni ya Paraya Dhan as Krishna's love interest Parth. With the title role in Lucky the the actor who prefers to keep a low profile will be seen in two serials simultaneously. "I am excited about both the shows 'cause both the characters are different from each other. While Lucky is a loud, brash character, Parth is a soft-spoken, reserved guy who is completely in love with Krishna," explains the actor.
-Khushiyana- thumbnail
First time Lucky!
Express Features Service

LIFE for this Delhi lad has been on a roll ever since he first found himself a place in the Close-Up ad. After getting a key role in Baa Bahu aur Baby as Anish, he went on to bag the role of Parth in Star's Paraya Dhan, Gautam Rhode is now looking forward to appearing on the small screen as Lucky, the adorable conman who takes his viewers on an adventure trip in a serial by the same name.

Talking about his forthcoming serial, Lucky, Gautam reveals, "It has all the ingredients of a movie, albeit on the small screen. He is this absolute flirt who sells fake antiques in Chor bazaar and is suddenly picked up as the chosen one to undertake several missions. Every episode has him embroiled in a new story and adventure. And there's a new girl he gets to romance in every new episode too! "It is a fantasy cum reality mix which spells an adrenaline high. It's different from the saas bahu serials and the period dramas - but only TRPs will tell if the novelty pays off," is his honest admission. While he's keeping his sights set high, this Delhi lad has got his feet firmly fixed on the ground. "Like every person who comes to Mumbai with dreams, I have mine too. How successful you are in realizing them is often a matter decided by fate," he concludes.
-Khushiyana- thumbnail
Toon characters get a life
Nuzhat Aziz
Monday, October 16, 2006 18:10 IST

Telly land is going places. After an overdose of saas-bahu, comedy and reality shows; channels are now concentrating on shows which are indeed 'different'. After 'Prithviraj Chauhan' — a historical epic drama, 'Hatim' a fantasy show, the Sagars are all set to introduce a new format on television — that of a comic strip.

Producer Shakti Anand reveals, "After 'Prithviraj Chauhan', a costume drama, we decided to dabble in graphics for a science fiction thriller 'Antariksh'. Since I am an avid comic book reader, we decided to go a step further and do a show based on comic books."

The new show 'Lucky' (Star Plus) which will be on air next month is apparently inspired by comic books. "We have tried to create comic book characters in an action and adventure show. The characters are not inspired by one particular comic strip but will be a desi version with several funny characters around it. Apart from the main character Lucky, we have a pilot with a World War II aircraft and a 300-year-old ghost," adds Shakti.

Gautam Rhode who has been roped in to play the lead character says, "It's not a show about a super hero. I am sure the audience will be able to relate to the character because he is a normal guy with a good heart and wants to help people." Incidentally, Gautam has his hands full with 'Baa Baby Aur Bahu' and is also playing the love interest of Krishna in 'Paraya Dhan'. "I am working almost 30 days a month. But it's a lot of fun. Right now I have taken a break from 'Baa…' but might have to start shooting soon."

The actor says that he is enjoying doing both characters as they are quite different. "And I am confident that 'Lucky' will be quite popular despite the recent spate of reality shows and saas-bahu soaps. There is always an audience for fresh ideas," he concludes.

[email protected]
-Khushiyana- thumbnail
Star Plus applies 'Kids' formula on weekends with 'Lucky'

Indiantelevision.com Team

(12 October 2006 8:00 pm)

MUMBAI: Star Plus, which surprised many by inducting the supernatural genre in its crucial weekday prime time band, is at it again.

After launching Antariksh in the Monday - Thursday 8 pm band, the channel has now slotted a kids show Lucky in its Saturday 8 pm slot.
"After launching Antariksh in the weekday 8 pm primetime slot, we are now excited to offer yet another show on the same timeslot on Saturdays for our younger viewers. Lucky is an out and out adventure story packaged with a heavy dose of fun and entertainment. The effort is to rope in the kids group, which has now become a key TV viewing segment," states Star India EVP Deepak Segal.
Produced by Sagar Arts Productions, Lucky is is directed by Nisser Parvej and the cast includes Lucky played by Gautam Rhode; Inder Mohan Sharma played by Gyan Prakash Sharma; captain Paswan played by Banwarilal Jhol & AJ i.e. Acharya Joshi played by Anang Desai, as per an official release.

It's a story about a young man - Lucky, who runs a fake antique shop in Chor Bazaar and has the simplest ways of living, that is conning people by selling them fake antiques and actually making them believe, that the artifacts are genuine. Lucky is a street smart, confident and intelligent character, who loves life the way it comes until he gets to know about the Rakshak's who were born for protecting sacred and priceless treasures and that now he is going to be the chosen one: the fifth Rakshak, the release adds.

As Lucky is awaiting its launch, Star Plus is keenly looking forward to the Tam numbers that Antariksh would throw up in its opening week. And the anxiety is justified as the supernatural show counters Zee TV's 8 pm soap Banoo Main Teri Dulhann.
monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
What's Gautam's 'M' connection?

Gautam Kapur's movies begin with the letter 'M'. Does he consider it his lucky alphabet?

NICOLE DASTUR

Ekta Kapoor may be 'krazy' after the letter 'K', but actor Gautam Kapur seems to have another alphabet — M — as his lucky mascot. After My Brother Nikhil, Gautam will be doing two more movies... that also begin with the letter 'M': Marathon and Metro. Is the 'M factor' a mere coincidence or is it a conscious decision? "It's a complete coincidence. After signing the films, I kept wondering how this happened. Maybe 'M' is my lucky alphabet," laughs Gautam. But is he a believer in astrology or numerology? "I don't deny the existence of certain scientific powers, but I personally don't believe in all this. I guess at the end of the day, it's all about the power of faith. For instance, Kapur is usually spelt as Kapoor, but I chose to stick by my original spelling, despite being told that the double 'o' would be luckier for me," says Gautam.
   Marathon deals with extra-marital relationships, an issue Gautam prefers not to be judgmental about. "It's a personal view. Society always judges people, but how can we when we've never been in a similar situation? It could happen to you or me, and only when we're in that situation, can we judge whether it's right or wrong," says Gautam philosophically, adding, "Which is why I'm a strong believer in spirituality, because there is no element of judgement there."
   Although he's only recently started shooting for Metro, where he plays a flamboyant RJ, Gautam says the experience has been wonderful, primarily because of his co-star Konkona Sensharma. "She's a terrific actor, I love the way she reacts to make-believe situations with such ease. She's one of the most intense actors I know." So does he plan to take his Bollywood career more seriously now, considering he's got quite a bit up his alley? "Definitely. I'd love to do an out and out action flick so that I can put my 12 years of martial arts training to some good use," laughs Gautam. "But I'd hate to be stuck in one mould. I'd like to do a variation of roles," he concludes.
monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

'I am just plain Lucky '
Says Gautam Rodhe who is playing the lead in Star's latest show

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

GautamRodhe shifted to Mumbai five years ago

Hiral Jani

This 29-year-old has lady luck on his side, literally. With his new serial Lucky on air from Nov 4 on Star Plus, Gautam Rodhe is starting to believe that his luck has finally turned around.
Thrilled with the opportunity to play a role with "a lot of shades", Rodhe is glad to do away with his chocolate boy appeal. He says, "The serial is a supernatural comedy produced by Sagar Arts Productions and I play the lead character of a fake antique dealer, Lucky. He runs a shop in Chor Bazaar and cons people to make a living. He is a street smart, confident and intelligent guy, who always lives for the moment until he learns about his true destiny."
Already famous as Anish from Baa Bahoo Aur Baby, the Yari Road resident is also seen in Paraya Dhan, also on Star Plus. He says, "Lucky will be my first show as a lead actor. I have received a lot of fame and recognition from the two serials and I am sure I will not disappoint my audiences."
A complete Delhi boy, Gautam never imagined that he would take up acting as a profession. "In 1998 I was selected for a modelling campaign for Close-Up. At that point of time I was doing my graduation in commerce from Bhagat Singh College, New Delhi. Modelling was just a hobby and I thought that it was a good way to become famous and well known. Acting was never on the cards. In fact I had decided to join the family business but life had other plans for me."
Shuttling between Mumbai and Delhi for commercials and music videos, Gautama shot to fame with singer Abhijeet's video Chhod Do Aanchal. "Following the success of the video, I started getting good offers. Also my friends in the industry advised me to continue work."
Then earlier this year he was offered Baa, Bahoo Aur Baby. Says Gautam, "Although it was not the central character, it appealed to me as the role was well defined and an integral part of the show."
Ask him about his future plans and he says, "I am doing two prominent shows where I am being recognised and I think that's enough for the moment. As for movies, if there are good offers then I might consider moving on. I am not totally averse to the idea of films but for the moment I am content with whatever I am doing."
[email protected]