Antariksh Articles - NO COMMENTS

Posted: 17 years ago

Please post all articles of the new show, Antariksh ek Amar Katha, here.

Thanks ! 😊

Star Plus changes 8 pm tactic; brings in sci-fi series 'Antariksh'

Indiantelevision.com Team

(18 August 2006 11:30 pm)

MUMBAI: Hindi general entertainment space will soon witness an interesting contest between soap operas and a sci-fi series, as Star Plus has announced the launch its first ever sci-fi series Antariksh.

The show, scheduled to launch on 2 October, has been positioned in the crucial Monday - Thursday 8 pm slot.
Produced by the duo of Ashim Samanta and Jyotin Goel from Wild Fire Entertainment, the concept of the show is designed to interest the younger viewers on the prime-time band. Antariksh, which is set in a modern jet-set atmosphere, will draw its inspiration from the Indian mythology of Ramayana, as the story's basic premise is that of a war between good versus evil, as per an official release.
States Star India EVP Deepak Segal, "Aimed at our younger viewers, Antariksh, is a revolutionary mix of utopian vision of justice and prosperity, which we are launching exclusively in the weekday prime-time band, for our younger viewers. It's a story full of new-age imagination that will see the use of hi-fi gadgets, which is sure to create a cult amongst them."

"With our already established, unmatched leadership in this genre, we are hopeful this show of space-age heroism will prove to be a treat for all the sci-fans, and consequently help us in further consolidating the prime-time slot on the channel," Segal adds.

Antariksh will be an action tale, of fictitious and imaginative characters living in space. This animated drama will be packaged with intense creativity coupled with heavy-duty computer generated graphics and illustrations, by Jyoti Sagar from Sagar Arts Productions and Prasad Ajgaonkar from Interactive Realities Ltd, the release claims.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k6/sep/sep184.ht m

Spaced out

Star Plus' Antariksh has completed two weeks, and I quite enjoy the mix of mytho and hi-tech that the kiddie show offers. The effects are neat, and the language, Hindi interspersed with English words, is better than the archaic Hindi used in other kid's sci fi shows. But it's disconcerting when the frame is split into two close ups of actors actually sharing the same frame. If it's a new techno gimmick, I am left unimpressed. Zee's Time Bomb tried similar camera tricks, among others, and definitely didn't win the viewer over.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/special/boxpopuli/y2k6/oct/b oxpopuli23.htm

Antariksh : STAR Plus goes sci-fi

STAR Plus is all set to launch a sci-fi show Antariksh from October 2. The show targetted at kids will air Monday Thursday at 8 pm. With a tag line ek amar katha jise chhote bhool na paayenge, bade sada dohraayenge, Antariksh is based on the age-old concept of war between good and evil, but the battles will take place in a galaxy far away in outer space. Produced by Ashim Samanta and Jyotin Goel under the banner Wild Fire Entertainment, the show promises amazing computer generated graphics created by Jyoti Sagar and Interactive Reality. The idea for the show was concieved by Jyotin who conveyed it to Ashim and together decided to produce it. "Ashim and I have grown up together and it was only right that I approach him," informs Jyotin who is a sci-fi fan and feels that this genre has not really been explored in India. "Though we've had Western shows depicting a futuristic world through shows like Star Trek this will be the first time we will be presenting a futuristic India and its culture ," he informs. The duo apporached STAR with the idea and they were more than willing to give it a try. "Actually they came to us two years ago but we couldn't do it then. Now, technology has grown in leaps and bounds and the idea seemed feasible," informs Deepak Segal, Executive VP, Content, STAR India Ltd. The basic plot of the serial, that of good vs evil is loosely based on Ramayan. "It's plot points are similar to those in the epic," avers Deepak. The story is about Amar, the eldest son of King Shylan who possesses qualities that make him completely fit to be Prithiv's next king. But before that he has to quell Rankaal who is spreading terror in Akashganga. The only one who can stop Rankaal is Amar. He is the chosen one. And the story is about how Amar is trained and equipped in real life situations so that he can match up to Rankaal's strength and also the various twists of destiny and events that take him on the path of his final confrontation with Rankaal. The series has everything a child can imagine from Rankaal's chamber equipped with all the systems and machinery of war to a snake tower which like a giant snake, stabs into the heart of Kaavran citizens. Says Jyotin, "As reference points for the chamber, tower and other tapestries we have sourced from Ramayan, other Indian and western folklore."
Though children are the primary targets, the serial intends to lure the entire family into viewing it with a love story, family values and adventure. As Jyotin puts it, it is three-dimensional. Now, whether it gets lost in space or makes a place in the viewers' mind space is something we've to wait and watch. Saathi Re : Torn between love and duty
Touted as an intense family drama, Saathi Re premieres this October on STAR One. It is the story of Suman, a dutiful daughter, a loving sister, beautiful, traditional and confident. In short, the ideal Indian girl. Her world is her small family with their middle class lifestyle and idiosyncrasies. This little world of Suman would have been perfect if it were not for her recurring nightmares which leave her distraught every time and bring her bad luck! As the story progresses it is learnt that her nightmares have a greater significance in her life...
For Parakh Madan who makes her television debut with the serial, the role is challenging and exciting. But unlike Suman, Parakh is a girl who has a mind of her own and "not at all docile". Actually, the role is completely in contrast with her nature. "In real life, I am this restless, pampered, naughty girl. I am most comfortable in jeans, skirts and T-shirts while Suman never gets out of the salwar kameezs," she laughs. Suman is the kind of girl who abides by her parent's wishes and faces a dilemma when she falls in love with Prem (Arjun Punjj), whom her folks oppose and get married off to Rajeev. "It is a story of love, duty and sacrifices," surmises Parakh who will be also be seen in Jai Santoshi Maa releasing this Friday. She plays the second lead in the film. Parakh is a classical Kathak dancer trained under Birju Maharaj. She made her first trip to Mumbai for a magazine's cover shoot and since then has been a frequent visitor. But this time she has stayed put what with a film and a serial happening simultaneously. "I want to give my best to the serial and also learn as much as I can from the director and my co-actors," she says earnestly. Already she has won brownie points from Arjun who says that the most important thing for a newcomer is that he/she should be focussed "which Parakh is". Arjun who opted out of Woh Rehnewali Mehlon Ki because he didn't want to grey his hair jumped at his role in Saathi Re. "Prem is a today's guy who wears sports and denim jackets. At the same time there is some goodness in him," says the actor who has played similar roles earlier but promises to give this a different look and approach. Prem is shown to be orphan who is brought up by his aunt. He is ambitious yet eternally romantic, an extremist in his beliefs yet courageous enough to stand by them. He is a short tempered guy who is out to prove a point and carve an identity for himself in the world. Most importantly, he is in love with Suman. Arjun, who is rehearsing for Nach Baliye 2, is looking forward to both the shows coming on air around the same time. NB2 will start airing from September 25 while Saathi Re starts from next month. "Already I am finding it very tiring. The rehearsals sap your energy completely and are time-consuming. But it is exciting too 'cause I can spend a lot of time with Gurdip," he quips. The other man in Suman's life, Rajeev, is being played by Amir Dalvi. He is the 'Ram' of the family; sensitive, big-hearted, dotes on his siblings yet sophisticated and broadminded with a charming personality. As the eldest son of the family, he believes in treating everybody with respect but has a naive quality of believing people around him. Armed with an MBA degree, he takes responsibility of everyone in the family and becomes the son in Suman's father's life.

For Amir, the role was a welcome change from his negative character in Jab Love Hua. "Usually when you play the bad man once, you tend to get typecast, so when this offer came to me I jumped at it," he grins. Amir who has done several serials in the past beginning with Nyay, Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai and Awaaz to name a few feels Saathi Re will be by far his best. The other actors in the cast include Kiran Karmarkar and Neena Gupta.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=13556

he he what ever i don't care ha ha ha 😛

The newly launched sci-fi series for kids, Antarikhsh is also going through hectic schedules currently. In an incident (not so uncommon on TV sets these days) the heroine on the show succumbed to the pressure and fainted on the sets recently. The Antariksh unit was shooting at the Film City helipad for a particular forest scene when it happened. "The October heat in Mumbai has been stifling and that day the temperature was particularly high. Nikita Thukral who plays heroine Shilya and Ganesh aka Amar were giving a particular shot when Nikita suddenly lost her balance and fainted. Fortunately, in the nick of time, Ganesh leapt forward and saved her from falling down the overlooking cliff, says a close source from the channel present on the shoot.

"Thank god nothing happened to her. Perhaps it was the continuous exposure and dehydration that was responsible for this situation. The entire unit was quite supportive and shoot resumed, only after she adequately recuperated," he said.  However, the good thing about the incident was watching 'veer yodha' Amar turning into a real life hero as well. Ganesh confirmed the incident when we spoke to him. "We were shooting at film city. Nikita was a little unwell as we were continuously shooting for three/four days. She fainted on the set due to sunstroke. After consuming electral powder and resting for a while she was back."

But Ganesh was pretty modest when asked about his real life hero instincts. "She was standing right beside me and any person would have done the same and saved her from falling", he said. Nikita Thukral was in Dubai and therefore unavailable for comment. (Sampurn)

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#Z ee%20TV%20hunts%20for%20new%20stars%20again

Kushal Punjabi's tryst with the divine!

Kushal Punjabi was apprehensive about playing a futuristic Hanuman

HARSHADA REGE

From movies to music videos to TV, Kushal Punjabi has done it all. The actor plays futuristic Hanuman 'Challang' in Antariksh on Star Plus. He has also been busy with Nikhil Advani's Salam-E-Ishq besides writing a script for a 100-minute film. Speaking about his character in Antariksh on Star Plus, Kushal says, "I was worried whether people would make fun of me. But when I got to hear of the whole concept, I agreed to do it." And Kushal says he got to play the character, thanks to his physique. "They wanted someone who had a good physique as there are a lot of stunts in the serial," he says.
   Besides acting, Kushal is also a dancer and says that though he hasn't been training for many years, a few workshops have made him a good dancer. "I believe everyone has one special ability. Mine is dancing. I love dancing and have been comfortable with it. In fact, I am one of the few people who don't have to be told to hit the dance floor because I am the first one to do so," he laughs. A self-confessed fitness freak, the actor wants to do something concrete in this field. Speaking about television versus films, Kushal says, "Work is of prime importance, the medium is not really an issue."

How did you enter the television world?
Friday, November 24, 2006 8:44:21 IST
My mother is a theatre artist. I am a classical dancer and singer
</>

Suhasi Goradia
TV Actress

How did you enter the television world?
My mother is a theatre artist. I am a classical dancer and singer. I used to watch my mother's performances on stage. One fine day, suddenly I thought of trying my luck in acting career and hence made my portfolio. I got a chance in one of the Star Plus serials named
Antariksha.

What are your current projects on television?
Right now, I am busy with Antariksha, Ek Chabi Hai Padosi on Star Plus.

How do you relate yourself with the character in Ek Chabi Hai Padosi?
The character of 'Urmi' is same as a girl next door. She is not a perfect girl whom we can proudly talk about. She is a common young girl who is enthusiastic, angry young woman, a liar at times. She is in love with a guy and he wishes to propose but she is shy to express her feelings. The character is so common that any girl would be finding herself in 'Urmi'.  Likewise the character relates to me too.

Did you always thought of becoming an actress?
No. I never thought of it. It just happened all of a sudden.

Happiest moment you have come across?
My happiest moment in my life was when I performed my first Arangetram (Bharatnatyam performance on stage).

Future plans?
I like surprises in my life. I never plan anything. Whatever good opportunities come on my way I will accept them. Whether it is a good role in movies or an ad film.

http://www.cybernoon.com/DisplayArticle.asp?section=xtras&am p;am p;subsection=showbuzz&xfile=November2006_closeup_standar d130&child=closeup

By Sudhir Batalvi

Suhaasi Goradia is the new face to watch out in Ek Chaabi Hai Pados Mein. The perky girl speaks about her background and the new show.

First tell us something about yourself?
My father was posted in Libya and I studied there up to class 9. But we kept coming to India for our  vacations. I like music and singing and always wanted to be on screen. And here I am.

When did you decide to become a TV actress?
My mother has been doing Gujarati theatre and I used to go and watch her shows. And even though I didn't participate in any of her plays, I definitely got inspired and decided to become an actress.

But have you done any television before?
Yes, I did a parallel role to the main lead of the serial Shakti on DD. In fact, it was the starting point of my career. At present I am playing a character in Antariksh also.

How did you get this show?
One of my friends told me about the auditions and I went over there. By God's grace, I got selected and here I am. When opportunity strikes at your door at the right time you call it luck; and I think I am lucky enough as I am just 20 years old.

How special is this show?
I feel as if it's a part of my life. I had never been to these kinds of mohallas, but now realise how happy life is over there, I feel really nice. People are so concerned and helpful towards each other. They  share their joys and sorrows. They have their dreams to be fulfilled and they try their best to make them come true.

Tell us in detail about your role in Ek Chaabi Hai Pados Mein?
I am playing the character of a Gujarati girl who is full of life, loves music and her music teacher. My character falls in love with Varun Badola in the serial. I like him, but I don't dare to confess my feelings to him.

In a serial which has so many seniors artistes how was your experience as newcomer?
I can't explain this in words. I never felt that they were behaving like seniors with me even for a single moment. We are like one big happy family and this gives a thrust to show as we are trying to do the same by showing a strong bonding between the people of our mohalla.

You are also working in Antarikhsh. How different is the experience working in both the serials?
In Antariksh, there is not much to do as most of the sequences and the work is done through animation. In Ek Chaabi… there is much to do as there is more interaction with the characters. In fact, the whole mohalla is always active.

What else are you doing apart from this?
Nothing at all, and I don't want to take on any more work. I want to concentrate only on this role to be able to do justice to my character and perform well here.

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#W e%20are%20all%20one%20big,%20happy%20family%20just%20like%20 in%20the%20serial:%20Suhaasi

Kahaani special effects ki!

From seemingly unreal action to virtual reality, special effects on Indian television have come a long way

DEEPALI DHINGRA

Put on a DVD of Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan and chances are, you will find yourself smiling at the special effects used in the serial, made in 1986. Two decades later, the technology used in television serials is almost as good as that used in Bollywood films. What's more, almost every other serial today, uses some or the other form of special effects, in order to enhance the production value of the show. Says Jyoti Sagar, who's in-charge of special effects for serials like Haatim, Star Plus' Antariksh, Lucky and Prithviraj Chauhan, "Earlier, budgets for television production wouldn't allow for such effects. Today, with the help of cost effective tools, we can create sizable amount of work." So how does that help the show? "With the help of special effects, we can create locations like huge palaces and castles, as it would be impossible for TV shows to be shot there. For a war scene in
Prithviraj Chauhan, we had to show an army of soldiers. So we shot with a few people and with the multiplication effect, we could show an entire army," he explains.
   Kushal Punjabi, who enacts the character of Chalang in Antariksh, says that if real life action comes in conjunction with some animation or graphics, it just adds to the scene. "Then it becomes a blend of what people can relate to and the supernatural. Of course, it depends on the special effects guys to make it look good or bad," he adds.
   Going by the audience reactions, they seem to be lapping up these shows, especially the kids. Says Madhur Chanana, a standard four student, "I love watching Lucky and Antariksh. The special effects are just awesome!"
   Jyoti Sagar adds that even though special effects shown on television might not be at par with the kind shown in films, the audience are liking it, which explains the number of serials dealing with them. "The quantum of special effects work in films is less, therefore there is a lot of detailing but definitely some work on TV is equally good," he adds.