Are you an Internet Addict?

Posted: 17 years ago
Hey guys,

Siiting on the net for a couple of hours is fine. But how do you know if you have become an addict? The internet is not just India-Forums and Yahoo!. Theres myspace, xanga, aim, yahoo.. Without even knowing you can give somone where they can find you. So how do YOU know if your an Internet Addict?

1. Lying about how much time is spent online.
2. General decrease of physical activity and social life.
3. Neglecting obligations at home, work, or school to spend time online.
4. Spending too much money on computer equipment or Internet activities.
5. Feeling a constant desire to be online when they're away from the computer.
6. Going online to escape real world problems.
7. Disregarding the emotional or physical consequences of being in front of a computer all day.
8. Denial of the problem.

-----

1) How much of your time do you spend on the net axprmently. Of I-F? On yahoo/msn/aim?

2) Do you lie to your family members when they ask" How many hours were you on the computer for"?

3) Are becoming less social, and more chatty with people through net?

4) Do you not study as  hard, as you used to before you started going on net?

5) Has the internet interffered with your grades/school?

-------

Information provided from:

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/6574

Priya😊

Edited by Diva - 17 years ago
Originally posted by DesiChocolate

good topic priya jaan😳

1) How much of your time do you spend on the net axprmently. Of I-F? On yahoo/msn/aim?
I spend atleast 2-3 hours of IF daily. Same thing for msn.

2) Do you lie to your family members when they ask" How many hours were you on the computer for"?
Not really, my mom noes i Love IFπŸ˜†
nope. im equal in both

i never studied hard.😳

neverπŸ˜ƒ

Thanks for an amazing post Priya jaanπŸ€—

1) How much of your time do you spend on the net aproximately. Of I-F? On yahoo/msn/aim?

Ispend about 5-6 hours online everyday, on I-F and MSN....

I dont have to lie to them, as the computer is placed in a common area, and not in my room. Thus they can see me and are aware of how much time I spend online...

No...I'm equally close with both my net-pals and my non-net pals....

4) Do you not study as hard, as you used to before you started going on net?

Actually, I used to spend more time, doing meaningless inane tasks, which were a waste of time. I now spend my time on the internet, using it to further my knowledge about everything from the latest TV shows to fundamentals of complex mathematics to surfing online tutorials to help me with PSP....

5) Has the internet interfered with your grades/school?

No, Although I spend majority of my time on the internet, i am quite regular with my work and am among the first 2 places in my college class...

Ummm...So...Am i an addict? πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜› Edited by darkness_123 - 17 years ago

-----

ummmmmmmmmmmmm 😳

no they no i work on it as well on IF nd chatting! thy dotn ask me that!

nope i go out too

nope
nopes
-------

thanks great post :D

1. Lying about how much time is spent online.hmm..i don't think so..lol
2. General decrease of physical activity and social life. i have ENOUGH of that..trust me😳
3. Neglecting obligations at home, work, or school to spend time online.yea, school is going pretty bad😭
4. Spending too much money on computer equipment or Internet activities.No for sure
5. Feeling a constant desire to be online when they're away from the computer.true!
6. Going online to escape real world problems. hmm..sometimes
7. Disregarding the emotional or physical consequences of being in front of a computer all day. no
8. Denial of the problem. no

-----

1) How much of your time do you spend on the net axprmently. Of I-F? On yahoo/msn/aim? umm..on weekends a lot cuz of siggy work..and weekdays-about 2-3 hrs😳..on IF, PS.com, My Space, MSN, Yahoo, and sometimes AimπŸ˜›

2) Do you lie to your family members when they ask" How many hours were you on the computer for"? no..not really..lol

3) Are becoming less social, and more chatty with people through net? umm..kindaaaπŸ˜›

4) Do you not study as  hard, as you used to before you started going on net? TRUE =(

5) Has the internet interffered with your grades/school? no

Edited by svh2010 - 17 years ago

About 1 to 1 1/2 hours on weekdays. 3-4 hours on weekends.

Nope. Not at all.

No, I talk a LOT on the phone & in person than on the net.

I study as much as I can & net DOESN'T interfere with my studies at all!

No. It hasn't at all.

Anila😊

Edited by kiunhogayana - 17 years ago
πŸ‘ My typee!

On I-f..hmmmmmmmm as long as me on net..I-f remain opend... u neva get bore... πŸ˜‰

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 😑 yea..sumtymes..wen i knew k mood kharab hai..aurr khcichai honi hai..to I do LIE..in my defense πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ weneva i sit 4 longgggggg hours at night..den LIEING is...surity! πŸ˜†

not reallly.......!i knw wen to do wat..!! i follow my heart...wen it says..go on net.i go...weneva i feel like..but wen it says...go sociy....or spend sumtime alone or wid ppl..i really do it πŸ˜ƒ

Ofcrseeeeee!! 1 thing at a time na! πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ pehle 'LAIQ' thi.......ab thodi netty hogai hun 😳

sumtimes yess...bcuz wen i sit late at nights..den i may nt get up early for kollege..resulting me late 4 class...or...'CHuttti'!!!!!!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

-------
Great topic! πŸ‘

1) How much of your time do you spend on the net axprmently. Of I-F? On yahoo/msn/aim? about 2-3 hrs a day

2) Do you lie to your family members when they ask" How many hours were you on the computer for"? nope i don't. they know all about it

3) Are becoming less social, and more chatty with people through net? actually i have become MORE chatty with my social friends than before! so now i am equally chatty online and offline :)

4) Do you not study as  hard, as you used to before you started going on net? yes there is a little less studying but i still study a lot

5) Has the internet interffered with your grades/school? not at all πŸ˜ƒ

Great post Priya <3

Ummm on IF about 6 hours... msn... 1-2... πŸ˜ƒ yahoo... 0 πŸ˜† 

Nope..

Yeah... my sisters are always telling me I never talk to them as much as I use to...

Yeah... I've noticed my marks are going down  I use to do my homework right after I came from school... now I do it while Im going to sleep or in da morning

Yes. I think it has. Well not really... sort of.

Tahmina.

nice topic priya 😊

ermm..around hlf an hr on i-f..and 1-2 hrs on msn n yahoo..well i used 2 neway:)

i have to admit..yup i do!! well ermm..kindaπŸ˜•they never really ask cos they see me on the comp all the time lol..

nope..it doesn't affect my social life at all!! i mean ..i would rather go out with my m8s then spend a few hrs just posting stuff around on i-f:)
ermm..both my net and offline friends are very imp to me..i dont really compare because most of them have the total different personalities..i mean both are extremelyy crazyy lol..but they r lyk at the two opposite sides of a poleπŸ˜•

ermm..i still study..maybe not as much..but i still get the grades i want so it doesnt really affect me in that matter..but yes..i do procrastinate thanks 2 i-f lol..and that's why im always up realllyy l8 doing my h/w 😳

Not at all!! πŸ˜ƒ

Tina xx

Edited by Groovychick - 17 years ago