Harry Potter

More cuts in GOF :(((

Morgoth thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Here is what Mike Newell said in an Interview for Comic Con Magazine

Courtesy: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org

MN: "I'm very sorry the Durselys are not in the movie at all. I, too, found the little scene very funny, but it's not neccessary for the telling of the story of Book 4, as it was in Books 1,2, and 3. So because were were making one, not two films, and something had to be let go, we decided the Dursleys were one of those things. We were sad about it. What's good about it being one movie is that the Tri-Wizard Tournament and Voldemort's plot to get Harry become very taut and very exciting because a lot of the purely descriptive stuff in the novel must be let go. That means the main story becomes a very tight, exciting, fast-paced thriller. Of course, what you miss are the fascinating little details, which in some cases, there just isn't room for. So it's swings and roundabouts what can I tell you?"

==============================================

I hope he doesn't cut out important "little" details! Alfonso Cuaron cut out the entire Quidditch Cup Tournament in POA! http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org😡

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blughost91 thumbnail
i tink they cut off too much for the movies....i know they have a budget but stilll it ruins the movie.....i didn't like POA cause it didn't really explain much at all....like the maurauders and stuff....plus i think they picked the wrong sirius and lupin....those dudes don't fit the characters at all...
Morgoth thumbnail

I know - I was also annoyed that they didn't explain about the connection b/w the Marauders Map and Harry's stag patronus...

But, I thought that Sirius and Lupin were properly casted - they acted very well...

Monaji thumbnail

I went to movie 3 (POA) with my cousins... few of them had not read the book... They did not understand soo many things....

Hope this will not be the case in Movie 4.

Monaji thumbnail

Is it not possible to make a movie for HP book lovers.... Which will include all the details mentioned in book...

I don't mind even if the movie goes for 6 hrs or so....

blughost91 thumbnail
another thing that get's on my nerves is how in the movies they continuously say that harry's eyes are exactly like his mother's.....but they're blu......wen they're supposed to be green....it doesn't make sense at all.....i heard that they were gonna give dan radcliffe green contact lenses but i never saw him wear them in any of the three movies....
blughost91 thumbnail
Originally posted by: MysticaMagic

But, I thought that Sirius and Lupin were properly casted - they acted very well...

You're right they did act good, but it's not how I pictured them. I thought Sirius would look more handsome, because in the books that's always how they described him. When Harry's falls into Snape's pensieve and sees his past, it says how girls would be looking whether or not they had caught Sirius' attention because he was so good-looking. I just didn't like the guy who played Lupin, he was too wierd looking, you know with the mustache and all.
PixieDust91 thumbnail

Originally posted by: blughost91

You're right they did act good, but it's not how I pictured them. I thought Sirius would look more handsome, because in the books that's always how they described him.

Well, he did spend more than a decade in Azkaban, you don't expect him to look as handsome as Shahid Kapoor after all that.

It's hard to fit a whole Harry Potter book into a two and half hour movie. We are fans, so we want everything to be included, but think of all the hard work they have to do. A few weeks ago, I found out there was a petition going on against Warner Bros. because they were cutting out scenes from GoF, and I got REALLY MAD.

Cutting out the Dursley's doesn't seem that bad. I don't think it would make much of a difference in the storyline. In movie 5, they should include Dudley and the dementors.

Morgoth thumbnail

[quote=blughost91]You're right they did act good, but it's not how I pictured them. I thought Sirius would look more handsome, because in the books that's always how they described him. When Harry's falls into Snape's pensieve and sees his past, it says how girls would be looking whether or not they had caught Sirius' attention because he was so good-looking. I just didn't like the guy who played Lupin, he was too wierd looking, you know with the mustache and all. [/quote]

As Pixie said, Sirius lived in Azkaban with Dementors for 12 years - that can drain anyone ...the pensieve showed Sirius when he was young and carefree

For Lupin, I do agree that the mustache looks a bit gross 😆 

[quote=PixieDust91]It's hard to fit a whole Harry Potter book into a two and half hour movie. We are fans, so we want everything to be included, but think of all the hard work they have to do. A few weeks ago, I found out there was a petition going on against Warner Bros. because they were cutting out scenes from GoF, and I got REALLY MAD.

Cutting out the Dursley's doesn't seem that bad. I don't think it would make much of a difference in the storyline. In movie 5, they should include Dudley and the dementors.[/quote]

Thats true, you cant fit everything in - even the PS and COS didn't have everything, but the movies still had everything essential.

I completely understand the amount of hard work which goes on behind the scenes (Making Buckbeak and the Dementors for the movie took 6 months!) and I agree that its difficult to fit everything into a 2 hr movie and work with a set budget.

I was a bit disappointed that Alfonso spent more time on the stupid Knight Bus / shrunken head scenes when he could have used the same time to explain about the Map or patronus, which is more important.

I'm just hoping that Mike Newell doesn't do something similar to that.

meha thumbnail
well lets have our fingers crossed . i hope 4th movie should be fun not like 3rd one.....lets wait and watch.......