"I don't want to get involved in any long

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
"I don't want to get involved in any long term T.V. contract"

She was touted as the next big thing on television and has lived up to the expectations! Winner of the Best Fresh New Face, 2005 - Indian Telly Awards, Mona Wasu had infused new life on the tube with and as Miilee. But post her maiden show, this bubbly and gifted actor went into a sabbatical mode and was in news only for her on-and-off relation with photographer Jitu Savlani.

And now Mona graces the screen once again! But this time around it's an episodic appearance on Star One's spooky thriller Sssshh Phir Koi Hain.

Here's a quick chat with the lady in question as told to Ruhail Amin.

"I have always dreamt to be in films"

What kept you occupied all these time?
I am into travelling. I visited Ladakh some time back for an acting workshop and it was great fun! Also, as I'm a movie freak, I usually gang up with friends on weekends and catch up some films.

After a long interval, you opted for a solo episode (Ssshhh...) and not a regular soap. Why so?
I don't want to get involved in any long term T.V. contract. My role in Ssshhh…. is something that I have not played before. Moreover I don't have to shoot everyday and it gives me ample time to concentrate on my priorities.

And what are your priorities?
I have always dreamt to be in films ever since I came to Mumbai and that's what I'm working on right now.

What kind of roles are you looking out for?
It doesn't matter whether I bag a lead role or a small one; it has to have a punch! The idea is that my role has to be good which I can identify with.

And when it comes to your choice of films.....
The banner, the co-actors…. a whole lot of parameters would decide which film I give a green signal to.

So any developments on that front?
I am in touch with a lot of producers from India and abroad. Let's see.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/nov/10nov/interview_mona.ph p