Mona Wasu quits TV

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
Mona Wasu quits TV

But might return if her Bollywood career sinks

DEEPALI DHINGRA

She's the pretty young thing who caught our attention with her off-beat role in Star Plus' Millee. Now, Mona Wasu is all set to make her presence felt in Bollywood too.
   It's been a few months since the serial ended and Mona Wasu has not been seen on television at all, save for the one-off commercial or two. So where did she disappear? "After Millee, I badly needed a vacation, so I went off to Ladakh for a holiday," says Mona. But the 10 days that she had decided to take off became a month-long holiday, with Mona even taking part in some acting workshops there. "Then, when I came back, I joined ballet classes as I've always wanted to learn some form of dance," she adds. For the past one month however, Mona has been looking out for a secretary who would help her in her quest for a break in films. "I have had some initial meetings with Rakesh Nath, who's been Madhuri Dixit's secretary too. Things may materialise soon," she says hopefully.
   Although Mona made an appearance on Star One's Shhh... Phir Koi Hai recently, she's quite clear that she wants to be part of Bollywood now. "I did Shhh... mainly because it was an episodic and I had never done a horror show before. After working for two years as Millee, I don't want to do a daily anymore," she says. Mona believes that age is on her side and this is the right time to try for films. "If films don't work out, I can always come back to TV," she adds. The actor, whose family stays in Delhi, says she's quite single at the moment. So is she on the lookout for somebody? "Well, the hope is always there," she laughs.