Dhoom 2 will be a visual treat: Bipasha

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

After swaying to the beats of Beede Jalayile in Vishal Bhardwaj's Omkara, Bipasha Basu is back in action. This time in a tough cop role in the much-awaited film of the year, Dhoom 2.

Excerpts from an interview:

On Dhoom 2:
Honestly, I am yet to see the film completely. Whatever I have seen I saw during dubbing. We are having a show on the 19th. The good thing about the film is that Dhoom had created a branding for us, which generated a lot of curiosity.

We have new elements like a new story and new people. In a way it's just spicing up Dhoom. The stunts are fantastic and the styling of Dhoom 2 is awesome. We have really worked on our body, and we tried to look our best. 

Bipasha Basu in a still from  the film Dhoom 2. 
It is a film for the youth, so we had to look very athletic and very toned and fit. It's a fast kind of film,  stylish, with good looking people with a little bit of comedy ---tongue and cheek humour. It's not a film that you have a thought process going.  To sum it up, I feel Dhoom 2 will be a visual thrill.

Yes, I have done some stunts but nothing as compared to Hrithik's stunts. Mine don't look like stunts, so let's not talk about them.

On why Dhoom 2 is special:
I play Shonali Bose, a tough Bengali cop. This the first time I speak Bengali on screen. I have not done a Bengali film, so it was strange to dub my line in Bengali but it was fun. Also, I haven't sung any song in the film. I have only dubbed in one of the songs, "My name is Ali".

On sporting a bikini in the film:
I don't think that bikini is a bold costume? All my seniors have worn it. I have worn it very late in the day. When you have a fit body and wear something you can really carry off without looking vulgar and cheap, what's the big deal?
But I was very sure that I didn't wear a bikini to roll on the sand. It had to be a very athletic shot and that's what we have in Dhoom 2. It goes with the kind of film it is.

On her Dhoom 2 co-stars:
It was great fun to work with all my co-stars in the film. Abhishek is a great buddy of mine. Uday is a very good friend too. We had worked together in Mere yaar Ki shaadi hai.

Even Abhishek and I worked in Zameen and Rakht. I feel Abhishek is the most hysterical person I have ever worked with. I am sure every co-star of his says that.

On working with Aishwarya:
Ash and I are completely different kinds of actors. We look different and have done different kinds of films. It is interesting to be part of a film where Ash is. In terms of a film, Dhoom 2 is not a thought driven film.

On Beedi Jalayile's popularity:
It's so amazing to be a part of that song. I guess its being played on every dance show these days and even Namak Ishq Ka. It is nice to know that your songs are so popular.

On her reported split with John:
It is not affecting me in any possible way. There is a lot of discussion in the print and reading about it can be irritating specially for a person like me who likes to live life on her own terms.