India Calling

quiting of kzk 4 ic(old article)

srishti bhutani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

hey guyz

this is an old article it was posted in lucky forum in this article mansi has stated that she quited kasauti so that she could act in ic!she made a right decision!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘coz noone can look so cute with adi as much as she do!😳their chemistry is amazing!πŸ˜‰

An actor has two choices: to be a small part of a big serial and be talked about, or to give up the big serial and opt for something completely new and untested. Of course, it is tempting to stick to the first option and enjoy fame, but the more daring ones would go for the second option. Manasi Parekh seems to belong to the second category. For starters, Manasi is not such a new face, as she has done roles in Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi and Star Plus' big serial Kasautii Zindagi Kay, in which she played Bajaj's daughter, Cookie (Tanya).
The 21-year-old girl is an English literature graduate and has also done her BA in Indian classical singing. "But now my big project is Chandni in Star One's India Calling," she says excitedly. "I play a small-town girl, who starts working in a call centre, and is quite overwhelmed by the different environment. But she wants to be successful and yet not give her values up."
To land with even an itsybitsy role in an Ekta Kapoor serial is the dream of any aspiring actor. But even though Manasi was a part of it, she chose to quit KZK and do a serial that hasn't even been launched. Professional harakiri? "I know that my serial kick-started because of Ekta Kapoor, but I wanted to do something new and different. For how long can one be stuck with the same stuff ? Moreover, in India Calling, I have a lead role, as opposed to KZK. So, I decided to quit KZK for India Calling. I know that there is a risk involved because the show hasn't been launched yet, but then, I didn't want to give a good serial up worrying about whether it would be a hit or not."
Manasi has also had a formal training in classical singing. "Because of my acting, singing has taken a backseat, but I still do my riyaz for two hours everyday." The girl has lent her voice to a lot of ad jingles and also was one of the background voices in Devdas. The young actor is not ruling anything out, and is open to both singing and acting in serials as well as films, basically anything that she thinks will do justice to her talent.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crazy_heenz thumbnail
t4s.....ya she made d rite decision....she was realli cute as chandni.......but was she der in KZK....actly i don watch it.....wat role was she playin?????
she was playing the role of cookie!first someone else was playing this role she was the replacement!i have seen the first one who was playing!it was a negative role!but u can watch her in kzk coz its repeats come on star utsav!rite now she has not taken her entry in repeats 😊
crazy_heenz thumbnail
wow......vud luv 2 c her in a negative role.....plzz do tell me ven she makes her entry...

hey listen shrishti....lik how KZK is retelecasted on UTSAV...r d old epis of KSPH bein telecasted nyver?????????cuzz i vud luv 2 c Vipul as Drone too....im sure he mite hav rocked as Drone as much as he did as Adi

Originally posted by: crazy_heenz

wow......vud luv 2 c her in a negative role.....plzz do tell me ven she makes her entry...

hey listen shrishti....lik how KZK is retelecasted on UTSAV...r d old epis of KSPH bein telecasted nyver?????????cuzz i vud luv 2 c Vipul as Drone too....im sure he mite hav rocked as Drone as much as he did as Adi

no ksph is not being retelecasted on utsav but coz its a star prog. it will be soooooooon retelecasted on it!😊

preet_ic thumbnail
yes,it was a good decision. she would have ended up being a cookie herself πŸ˜† .