Debate Mansion

girls - fat or thin?

reeha_k thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 17 years ago

I have noticed that ppl these days make a HUGE issue over a girl being fat...weather its her belly..hips..thighs ect...but when a man or a guy is fat...ppl fail to point it out or make fun of it. On top of that when  a girl or some toher ppl are fat...ppl automatically asume that they EAT alot...which is NOT true...it has to do with genetics and excersie. But still GIRLS are pressured to be THIN and look 'hot and saexy' but when a guy is FAT then it isnt such a BIG deal. Some parents too. If the daughter is fat...they tell her to lose weight...but when its there boy....then he is just 'big boned' and is 'healthy' what the hell is up with that? i mean weather your fat or thin dosent have to do anything with the REAL stuff...if your a hard worker ambitchous and know what you want in life...then why should it matter?what makes us ppl hype up girls being over weight what is it?

* peer pressure?

* parents?

* media?

I mean come on...it may seem easy to call some one fat...but many ppl dont look at the history or the reason for that person being Fat...

😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mina1005 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
exactly, I know what you mean,if no person is allowed to be judged based on their race, gender, ethnicity, nationality....then why on their weight? Its not fair to those people because those people are just as capable as any "thin" person. Besides that, why should a "Fat" person be judged that they eat too much? Its just plain wrong! Even some parents as you said, they encourage daughters to lose weight rather than looking at how that daughter is doing at life!!! Parents should be encouraging their daughters to be the best that they can be, not lecuring them about being thin so that they will be accepted into society or for their future husbands! 😡 It is true that weight can be caused for numerous reasons. It can be genetic, stress or other medical problems NOT only eating. Yes,there are some people who are overweight because they purposely eat, but there are exceptions for people who actually don't gain weight purposely. Its a shame that society has made thiness a "celebrity"....media should be telling people the real information about weight not due to food..but the world likes to hide the facts.
sareg thumbnail
the title is very misleading
ChameliKaYaar thumbnail
Boy or girl. In my opinion the peer pressure on both sexes nowadays to reduce weight. I cannot even say that the pressure is more on one sex comapared to the other. Both sexes are equally encouraged to look presentable. I do not agree that there is bias in terms of gender. I agree that there is a little bias in terms of appearance bit that holds equally good for both boys as well as girls. I mean, a person (either gender) who looks lean, athletic and presents an alert picture is more likely to get the job compared to a overeight person, all other factors compared apple to apple. The reason goes to what sells more. When I sell, I do not necessarily only mean hard sale in terms of business but also soft selling as in.... you are making presentations. A tall-handsome-confident looking person attracts more attention than a person who has more weight. It is just how human brian percieves the message.

Again....
   I agree that a slim person wins more attention than a rather overweight person.
   I disagree that there is a gender bias associated with this factor.
Prenz~13 thumbnail
frankly..i hav till date failed to understand WHY gurls r put thru so much pressure to lose weight....
im in high skool n i see it everyday how thin stick like gurls insult others 4 having 'fat knees' or a 'tree-like thigh' ...its jus disgusting..
jk rowling once sed, "the wost insult that a gurl can throw at anuther is 'fat " n u no, i realised how tru it is...i mean..is 'fat' really as bad as beingmean, silly,rude, dull....is it really so important to be thin..or rather...to potentially starve urself to get a figure that models in mags seem 2 look so gorgeous with..
m not a stick....in fact,going by the standard..m sure i'll be called fat too...but i dont bothr or care...dere r more important things in life den constantly eating diet food n wunderin if ur waist hs gained an inch n becum 26" instead of 24"...
n i dont care if ne of my frnds rnt skinny either.....i really dont see y gurls r subjected so much pressure frm all sides...if shes n actress or a model..its understadable that she watches her weight..but in SKOOL???
RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
no wen guys are over weight,they are told to lose weight soo, its not only girls. and well although, its very ,mean that people use it as an insult, over weight people need to try and take care of themsleves, because its part of being healthy. But yes, both genders do care about haveing a good body, girls with having good legs and all. and guys with having six-packs. its human nature to want to look your best i guess.
-Khushiyana- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I so agree too... girls are jst on their peer pressure... they want to look cool and sexy like other girls. Its not their fault..

Iam always thinking why do boys and girls choose their friends on their appearance? thats not good... that means they are judged by looking at other peoples.. not right!!!

Khushiyana
HayeSiyaapa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
omg gur soo rite.. i mean u have no experience of dat yet.. but i noctice wen a girl is abit over wieghh.. der parents r always liek loose weight n all..but for a guy its liek nothin i mean comeone dats soooo stupiddddddd...... i totally agree dat genetics has a part in this.. cuz i mean if this is hapening thru genetics den how is it da girls fault she didnt choose her genes i find it really bias..i mean soo many things are bias between girls and boys i find it really dumb and unreasonable
HobbitButt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
You are completely right. People always have promblems with someone else bring fat. Even parents a big deal out of this fat thiny. It's really annoying when someone does that. 🤢
WildGloss thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
heyy ..ur soo ryte..i mean... m in da 9th standard... n i dun noe even one chik from my class who is fat..seriouslyy....wen v rnt tokin bout studies.. d tok that goes on is/."ive lost more than 2 kgs" ... blah blah..even though m part of this convo personally i feel..wut d hell is rong wid us? i mean..v r only 14... we've got loadz more time to worry bout this!!! i dun think personal appearance shud make a diff.. its d heart dat should matter! a person can b thinn but weird (if u get wut i mean).. or fat n sweet... i dunnoe y ppl judge others on ther looks..or appearance...m pretty sure next ppl (girls) will b sufferng from anorexia...aahhhh sumone gimme sum fooooood 😆 !!