•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
'Divya's my buddy... it's not a romantic liaison'

Vikas Bhalla on taking up singing again and his link-up with Divya Dutta

ROSHNI OLIVERA

You're taking up singing again?

• I never gave it up in the first place, as I've been consistent with my riyaaz most religiously. Yes, you can say that I'm coming up with my second album after a while, the first being 'Awara' which was popularly known for it's track Dhuan. The album falls into the 'rock' mould. We've used actual live instruments; guitars, drums and sounds, which will make it, stand apart from most of the songs, which use programmed sound currently.

What happens to your TV career?

• Currently, all I can see, hear, feel, breathe, eat, dream is my music, my songs and am putting together all endeavours for it to be as popular as my first album. Being behind the mike gives me the greatest high. I have worked on some of the biggest projects on Indian and Pakistani TV, be it Star Plus' Shanno
   MUSIC MANIA:
Ki Shaadi, Jassi Jaissi
   ikas Bhalla Koi Nahin on Sony, V Karishma, Tum Bin Jaaoon Kahaan or Miit for that matter. I'm hosting a weekly show and may host two more shows, one of which will be a music-based show. Regarding serials, I'm hearing scripts, but haven't finalised anything.

Where do you see yourself amidst saas-bahus on TV?

• I can't play a saas or a bahu no matter how hard I may try! Well on a serious note, the saas- bahu serials get the TRPs in this country, so I guess their popularity cannot be ignored. It is a formula that Ekta has mastered, and kudos to her for that. I haven't been a part of any saas-bahu shows so far, but it isn't a conscious decision as such. I haven't been offered an interesting part on a saas-bahu saga. The day everything works out, I might be trapped between a saas and a bahu! (laughs)

Your film career didn't take off?

• In life, some things work out, others don't, so what's the big deal? The point is to move on, and keep trying. I have always believed in doing my best and then leaving it to the divine. If certain films didn't work out, then on the other hand, I've had some successful shows on TV plus one of the highest selling music albums to my credit. One should always see the glass as half-full, rather than halfempty. I'd rather see the things that I have, and enjoy those, than those, which weren't meant to be.

You were linked to Sangeeta Ghosh at one point?

• That's an old story yaar. I am not even in touch with her anymore. And there's no point explaining there was nothing between us. All there was between us was a Pakistani TV series that we worked on together in Dubai. I'd rather be written about for my music, for my art, than these alleged baseless link-ups.

What about the more recent rumours about Divya Dutta's engagement breaking because of you?

• That's another piece of crap. Just because all the actors on the set of Shanno Ki Shaadi got along terrifically like a house on fire, doesn't mean that we were all having affairs with each other. Just because I can't be linked with any of the other cast members, means I get linked with Divya Dutta. That's unfair. She's a terrific person and extremely talented and I adore her for that. She's my buddy, and no way is this a romantic liaison.

Posted: 17 years ago
Thanks for the article😊.