Tanaaz-Bakhtyaar were vulgar

Posted: 17 years ago

Tanaaz-Bakhtyaar were vulgar

Bakhtyaar Irani and Tanaaz Lal met their worst nightmare on Nach Baliye 2 when Saroj Khan blasted the 'No. 1' couple for their vulgar and loud performance.

Says the veteran choreographer, "It was too hard hitting! After weeks of entertaining us with perfect performances, their regional dance was shocking. Moreover, Bakhtyaar's frontal pelvic movements along with lewd faces were too much to digest."

"Also, Tanaaz took a lift and stood on Bakhtyaar's thigh and she had one finger in the air, which is a step synonymous to bhangra. It is their overconfidence that has been their downfall this time. They are not novices; they know what they should and should not do. They overdid all the steps as if to show that they had more energy than other jodis." she adds.

To make matters worse, Tanaaz broke down in the green room and apologised to Bakhtyaar for letting him down.

Another jolt came in the form of ailing Raja Chaudhary who is having a liver infection and hence failed to turn up for the performance. Now the judges are mulling over having Narayani-Gaurav back into the contest.

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=12563
Edited by Qazi_Fan - 17 years ago
they werent vulgar 😕 i think i need to watch it again lol
Tfs 😃 LET THE BEST PAIR WIN 🤗 Hussain-Tina or Manav-Sweta 😊 I think so far they are the best 👏
i didnt find them vulgar.... donno what so vulgar they found in it, asfar as pelvic movt r concerned saroj ji shudnt forget how much she used those in her dances, werent these vulgar then?
Saroj Khan possibly found those movements vulgar because South Indian dances have mostly been originated from temple. The dances that were used to pray and sing before God then came to the common folk in form of the today's dances. Most of these dances therefore have a religious context and shouldn't be taken lightly of. One of the reasons why people train so long when learning this art form is because it isn't for fun but really something very significant in their culture. Just because she uses pelvic thrusts for her bollywoodish song which need to be catered to the masses, does not mean that she may not know and appreciate these classical dances. Plus this was not a comedy round where TB should have tried to do a mix and match. They should have known all three of them TB & M what was expected from last year.

I guess last round they were made aware of the competition and they wanted to come up with something which would get them back at the top position. But they chose the wrong dance to emphasize on their variety. Let us see what they do next time.

Originally posted by c85rie

Saroj Khan possibly found those movements vulgar because South Indian dances have mostly been originated from temple. The dances that were used to pray and sing before God then came to the common folk in form of the today's dances. Most of these dances therefore have a religious context and shouldn't be taken lightly of. One of the reasons why people train so long when learning this art form is because it isn't for fun but really something very significant in their culture. Just because she uses pelvic thrusts for her bollywoodish song which need to be catered to the masses, does not mean that she may not know and appreciate these classical dances. Plus this was not a comedy round where TB should have tried to do a mix and match. They should have known all three of them TB & M what was expected from last year.

I guess last round they were made aware of the competition and they wanted to come up with something which would get them back at the top position. But they chose the wrong dance to emphasize on their variety. Let us see what they do next time.

wonderful explanation c85rie 👏

yes she uses those for bollywoodish dances, but let me tell u any dance n any art is actually worship n we shudnt do such things with it, weather its bollywoodish or templish. the judges shud have told them these things that above 2 r saying and they shudnt have used the word "vulgar".moreover when the round was like use regional style with bollywood song then u shudnt expect an out an out classical thing. coz no one was sticking to just 1 form. they mixed various things, so why cant TB use bollywood stuff in that dance? where was UP thing, there was noout n out nagathing, there was no out nout lavni thing.
I am actually hurt by these ppl saying that one can use vulgar movt in bollywood but not with others. why? isnt a bollywood dance a dance, and if its a dance, an art- why use vulgarity there? isnt god present overthere, in that?
😛 Yea TB performed very vulgarly yesterday. Bakthyaar's pelvic movements were in very bad taste & they thoroughly degraded the South Indian style of dancing. Pompous & conceited that's what TB have become & everyone is realizing it now. 😉
I wouldn't call there performance exactly vulgar.

They tried to combine the filmy movements to south Indian classical dance and that was a mistake.

If you have watched South Indian movie songs there are a lot of pelvic/vulgar movements in songs. Watch the Prabhu Deva dances - they all have such movements.

They should not have combined that with the South Indain traditional classical dances like Kathakali and Bharatnatyam. That was a big mistake. If you ignore that portion I felt that their performance had a lot of energy and enthusiasm. The did dance pretty well. Their effort went unnoticed.
I guess it is good that they got a slap on their wrists so they don't take things for granted. Edited by jaysp - 17 years ago
why i didnt like the dance:
energy spoilt the dance...
no grace...
they did not know which south indian dance they were dancing too they mixed up whatever they know and finally even brought in kathakali
😕