Tanaaz-Bakhtyaar were vulgar - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by shweta.ku

yes she uses those for bollywoodish dances, but let me tell u any dance n any art is actually worship n we shudnt do such things with it, weather its bollywoodish or templish. the judges shud have told them these things that above 2 r saying and they shudnt have used the word "vulgar".moreover when the round was like use regional style with bollywood song then u shudnt expect an out an out classical thing. coz no one was sticking to just 1 form. they mixed various things, so why cant TB use bollywood stuff in that dance? where was UP thing, there was noout n out nagathing, there was no out nout lavni thing.
I am actually hurt by these ppl saying that one can use vulgar movt in bollywood but not with others. why? isnt a bollywood dance a dance, and if its a dance, an art- why use vulgarity there? isnt god present overthere, in that?

i agree with you! TB dint attempt to do a classical dance...1st point to b noted. so, one cant say that they dint respect classical art form. their dance number was choreographed in south indian folk style, especially tamil style. if you see tamil movies, you will understand this style.

as saroj khan pointed, i dint find the dance to b vulgar. i agree that there are some pelvic movements, which saroj khan herself uses in many of her songs. how can one forget her "dhak dhak" number? wasnt it too vulgar?

i donno y she got so critical abt everybody yesterday...i feel there is something ...some inside story...i feel that they have decided n came, to criticize everyone. they did almost the same with everyone!

Originally posted by jaysp

I wouldn't call there performance exactly vulgar.

They tried to combine the filmy movements to south Indian classical dance and that was a mistake.

If you have watched South Indian movie songs there are a lot of pelvic/vulgar movements in songs. Watch the Prabhu Deva dances - they all have such movements.

They should not have combined that with the South Indain traditional classical dances like Kathakali and Bharatnatyam. That was a big mistake. If you ignore that portion I felt that their performance had a lot of energy and enthusiasm. The did dance pretty well. Their effort went unnoticed.
I guess it is good that they got a slap on their wrists so they don't take things for granted.

jaya

i agree with you...you are absolutely right!

Originally posted by pams309

jaya

i agree with you...you are absolutely right!

Thanks Pam. How are you? Its been a long time. Good to see you here.

they were not vulgar...they started n finished it off very well..but made a mess in between..their entry was very graceful n also their ending was charming...
judges really made mountain out of a mole hill..they same happened with hu-ti..
all in all i wuld say..yesterday was the worst episode of nb2 ever according to me
not in terms of dance..hu-ti, TB,manav-shweta, gauri hiten,gouri n ash all danced very well..even shweta tiwari danced amazingly..but sumthing happend to judges yesterday 😕..their comments were too much
no offence to any1
i have to admit that their dance this tyme disappointed me but the judges were very rude in their comments.........they said they wanted the performance to end and were waiting for it to end.........that was very rude..........and i think vulgar is definitely not the right word......its too extreme of a word to describe their performance.........but i was disappointed in them today...i expect an excellent performance from tb cuz they are my favorite jodi....naina
and though i think shweta tiwari is a lil over-emotional and at tymes irritating, i have to say that they didnt deserve to get out.........i feel very bad for them because i absolutely loved their last two performances.......they didnt deserve this........get well soon raja 😛 .........naina
Tanaaz and Bakhtyar were doing a filmi number ..no more ..no less ..they added the chutney of Kathakali and the Bharatnatyam dress here and there

Bakhtyar as usual was trying to be inanely funny as he knows nothing else to do..They really got on my nerves
i did not like their performance either.
many steps were not appropriate for the "outfit" they were wearing and looked like disrespect to any form of south indian dance (since people argue about dance fit for the fast paced song with variety).
Dint seem like disrespect. But overall, their dance was no gr8 shakes.

Originally posted by shweta.ku

i didnt find them vulgar.... donno what so vulgar they found in it, asfar as pelvic movt r concerned saroj ji shudnt forget how much she used those in her dances, werent these vulgar then?

I too didnt find anything vulgar and I definitely didnt find anything vulgar in Bakhtiyaar's performance!!!

and yes, yesterday was bakhtiyaar's bday....y didnt they celebrate it like they did for shweta tiwari...probably because Bakhtiyaar didnt hype it like shweta did!!!