•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
Move over Gabbar, Ravan is here!
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   November 29, 2006

Different avatars: Narein Jhaa 

Narein Jhaa has no reservations about playing the man that everyone loves to hate β€” Ravan. "People know Ravan as a destroyer and Sita's kidnapper, but there was more to him than that.

Ravan was also a scholar and had a humane side to him," says Jhaa, who took on the Zee drama because of the unusual subject. "It will make people sit up and wonder about the man behind the image."

Chikoo magnet

At the moment, the actor is diving his time between shooting at Umargaon (Gujarat) and home in Mumbai. "We shoot at this place surrounded by chikoo farms," says Jhaa, who is particularly fond of the fruit. "Now, I have become even more fond of chikoos.

I have at least 12-15 chikoos a day!"
Unit sources reveal that Jhaa chomps on the chikoos all the time in between shots. Most of the time, director Ranjan Singh has to pull him away from his chikoo fixation to shoot.

"They have their small arguments about how many chikoos one can consume in a day, but it's in jest. It is hilarious to see him in the Ravan costume chomping on chikoos!"

Different avatars:
Narein Jhaa) as Ravan

Ravan's bio data

Jhaa's first television outing was with the DD show, Shanti. He was also part of the ABCL talent hunt and had the opportunity to hone his skills under Roshan Taneja.

After completing my post-graduation in history from the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, Jhaa joined the Shriram Centre for Performing Arts.

Jhaa has also done films like Fun2shh, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose β€” The Forgotten Hero and Kachchi Sadak. He has also shot for the film Dastak with Vasundhara Das.

Also on the anvil, is an international project with a US-based film company, Eagle and Falcon. "I am looking forward to shooting for this project. At this point, I can't reveal more about the project."
Meanwhile, being the small screen's Ravan, is giving him quite a high.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/november/147408.htm

narein looks hot in modern clothes yaar!πŸ˜› he looks quite a bit like sonu sood.πŸ˜‰ hehe! chomping on chickoos in a ravan costume? hilarious!πŸ˜†

Edited by jigglypuff726 - 17 years ago

lolπŸ˜†... I'm still laughing about his picπŸ˜†

Arshu😳

Posted: 15 years ago
yes i also laughs at this moment that narendra jha is a chikoo magnet 🀣 but he looks hot and handsome in western clothes 😳he is really great actor and a person πŸ˜‰