Gimme red! article on Vikas Bhalla

* ~ Roshni ~ * thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Gimme red!

Vikas Bhalla downs 20 cans of an energy drink to stay awake for a night-long shoot

Back to Section Stories

Sapana Patil Poojary

On a high: Vikas Bhalla

Vikas Bhalla chose to stay away from coffee and preferred Red Bull to keep from dozing off. Having recently started to host a show called B News (Zee Music); Vikas had a night-long shoot and was having difficulty staying awake. He gulped 20 cans of the energy drink to stay awake and look fresh for the shoot.

When contacted, Vikas laughed, "Since the show offers a low-down on films, the unit chose to shoot its episodes in malls with multiplexes as its backdrop. And since we wanted to avoid the crowds, we were shooting the episode in the middle of the night after the crowds of the last show had left. I was a little sleepy but had to look my best on screen. So I started sipping energy drink to keep myself alert. And by the time, I had finished shooting, I realised that I had drunk a bit too much. Thankfully, it didn't have any side effects and the shoot turned out well." 

But besides his sleep that was disturbed, Vikas enjoyed the experience.

"I quite enjoyed shooting in the silence of the night. This is the second show I am hosting for the channel and have quite liked its format," he says.

It was alleged, that the actor had been involved in a scuffle with the fashion designer of the show on the grounds that Vikas wanted to the costumes designed for the show. Vikas laughed it off saying, "Rick (Roy) is my friend. I was joking when I said that I wanted to take it home. In fact, I had said that I am tempted to take it home. It was a non issue."

* I was a little sleepy but had to look my best on screen. So I started sipping energy drink to keep myself alert. But, by the time I finished shooting, I realised that I had drunk a bit too much —Vikas Bhalla