SRK Fan Club -- Part 5!

Posted: 17 years ago

Hello all SRK'ians and welcome to part five of:

😃 THE KINGDOM OF KOMPLETE KHAN-NESS! 😃

The place to express your love, support and respect for King Khan! 😳

All fans are welcome! 😉

TO JOIN:  Simply introduce yourself and tell us what you 'most' adore about Shahrukh!

(Note: we will have an "active members list" that will be updated either daily or weekly, if you are a fan, please try to visit and stay "active," otherwise your name will not be added to (and may be removed from)  the "active" list, though you will still be considered a member and supporter)! 😊

'ACTIVE' MEMBERS LIST:

srk_preity_kajo (Zaara)

doly_455 (Doly)

amna_malik (Amna)

lilyrose (Ambreen)

teen_indiausa (Pari)

sweet_kp (Khair)

Reema_J (Reema)

Niya

Mink's Pink

diyafan

Tansha

ayeshag

tangina r (Tang)

~rahul ki rani~ (Dayeeta)

vinit_fan

ani11 (Anita)

blue rose (Ayesha)

indiandoll89 (Meera)

coolgirl249

white rose (Uzi)

sus143 (Suzi)

nandipandi15

jenny1000

~Roses_95~

Affi

kyph03

maro.afg

fariha17

laney

Muqualp

jassie_17

coolsonu

sidsk

prajakta567

mehroo123

Gujji_babe

tiya1

bubblezz (Shelly)

Fashion_2005 (Sabeena)

Melvee

*kuch na kaho*

bollyfan

pakiza_srk

love srk

ruqia

CURRENT EVENTS:

DOTW (Discussion of the Week) - We will have weekly discussions on different topics and/or issues regarding Shah Rukh Khan. The best answer according to our judge(s) will then be presented!   

This week's discussion question: (Thanks to Ayesha for a contribution to the idea)! 

Due to comparison, many people expected DON to be a failure at the box office.  Do you think it was fair to make such opinions and/or judgments without first watching the movie?!  Have you seen the movie? What is your opinion on it?! Have you seen the original DON?! If yes, did you compare SRK's performance to Amitabh's?!  Why?! In which way/manner did you think SRK was better than Amitabh?! Or vice versa?!

* Discussion ends on the evening of:  December 25th, 2006! *

Games - WORD ANTAKSHARI [play now]!

*In this game, all you have to do is choose a word from the song previously posted and post another song which contains that word, next player does the same [with any word from the song above/previously posted].

*ALL songs posted must be from an SRK film! 😃

MOM (Member of the Month) We have been selecting MOM's for our club based on participation and activeness in the club! 

Current MOM: To be announced soon!

PARTYComin' soon to celebrate our newest MOM and winners or the previous DOTM and Caption Contest! 😃

*NOTE: If you are posting articles, photographs, etc., please make sure that another member has not already posted the same material! Sometimes there are repeats!  It's only natural to not realize or notice, but if and when you do... please kindly edit your post! 😊

Edited by Reema_J - 17 years ago
wow part 5...........congratulations........srkians 😳
thks reema........

will reply to DOw soon.........

Hey all!

I justed wanted to get part 5 started since we exceeded the limit for the previous part!

I will post the new MOM, DOM winner and CC winner soon!

Thanks for understanding and being so patient! 😊

Bad'show' Khan!
   By: Upala KBR and Tushar Joshi
   December 3, 2006

Chehre pe chehra: SRK and Big B share a light moment in KANK, but the truth tells a different story
Sources in the industry affirm that the cold war between Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan has intensified after Khan snatched Kaun Banega Crorepati 3 right from under the Big B's nose. The battle lines have been quietly but irrevocably drawn. Even their cliques are now clearly defined.

Icy vibes

If Amitabh Bachchan has firmly aligned himself with Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh and Anil Ambani, Shah Rukh makes his political and social affiliations equally evident by hobnobbing with Sonia Gandhi and her family and attending Nita Mukesh Ambani's birthday party.

The tension between the two sides has been cleverly concealed until now, but the cracks were obvious at Sikander Kher's (Anupam and Kirron Kher's son) birthday party last month. The vibes between the Bachchan clan (represented by Jaya, Amitabh, Abhishek and Aishwarya Rai) and Shah Rukh Khan were I-C-Y.

Reveals a source present at the do, "The party was in full swing until SRK walked in at 2 am. He went up to Mr Bachchan and greeted him. Mr Bachchan is always polite, so he greeted SRK cordially. But the rest of the Bachchan parivar looked through him. Even though Jayaji is very fond of Shah Rukh, none of them can overlook what he's been doing to Mr Bachchan."

'Ash'es to dust

The source adds that the Bachchans, along with Ash and a few friends, were seated at one table and Shah Rukh took the table directly opposite them. "After greeting each other and exchanging formal hellos, it was evident that Bachchan and Khan wanted to their own space. Throughout the night, not a single word was exchanged between the camps. In fact, SRK wanted to strike up a conversation with Ash but since she was stuck to Abhishek's side, it became impossible."

It may be recalled that Aishwarya still has to forgive Shah Rukh for unceremoniously ousting her from his home production, Chalte Chalte, replacing her with Rani Mukerji. SRK reportedly showed her the door after her then boyfriend Salman Khan wreaked havoc on the sets.

And now with SRK's doing KBC3 — which was AB's property until now — Khan has made matters worse. It is learnt that Amitabh is quite miffed with Star and their attitude during his illness. A source says, "Mr Bachchan was literally told to come back to work after his illness and shoot some episodes. He put his foot down and refused. Things started going downhill from that point onwards."

SRK's announcement hasn't come as a surprise to anyone. An insider reveals, "Samir Nair has been wanting to get Shah Rukh onboard for quite some time. This reached Amitabh's ears even before a formal announcement was made."

Putting up an act

Says a source known to the Bachchans, "All this talk about Mr Bachchan not being interested in doing KBC3 is hogwash. He had almost committed to doing it when SRK lobbied hard and pipped him to the post. He's deeply hurt at the way SRK has gone about the whole thing but prefers not to talk about it."

As has always been the case, the hostilities will remain shrouded behind a wall of fake civility from both sides. The warring factions continue to deny problems and address each other respectfully in public.

A filmmaker on the condition of anonymity says, "There is definitely a war brewing between SRK and the Bachchans, but no star, producer or director likes to wash their dirty linen in public. When there is a problem, they will sort it out between themselves."

Neither Amitabh Bachchan nor Sameer Nair of Star returned our SMSes to comment on the story

souce:mid-day Edited by srk_preity_kajo - 17 years ago
i dont understand why media wants to create tiff between amitabh and shahrukh.....
i know zaara.........media loves to potray srk the way he is not........
When SRK wished for bigger balls
CNN-IBN

New Delhi: If you thought polo is all about horses and sticks, get a reality check. The high-adrenaline sport is as much about horsing around, big elephants, fashionable hats and star power. Superstar Shah Rukh Khan charioted the brigade himself as he went around the town, endorsing a popular watch brand.

for the video:
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/27632/when-srk-wished-for-bigg er-balls.html 
its amazin do see

Thanks for the articles and pics!

@ Doly: I'm still waiting on game ideas... hehe! I feel like I haven't seen you around or talked to you in the longest time! How are you?! 😊 Oh, can you please PM me the names of those who participated in the Caption Contest and which entry was their's (or if you've by any chance counted the votes, the name of the winner)! I'd really appreciate that!

@ Zaara: Hi! How are you?!

I don't understand the need for comparison... they're two different people, two different actors and two completely different beings! Their only similarity is that they are in the same career field but that too, along with about a 1000 other people, how come no one compares them to others?! Yeah, Amitabh and SRK are probably the two biggest stars of B'wood... EVER, but still, we should embrace the fact that we've been able to witness such powerful performers and legends in one lifetime or even during one generation! Instead of appreciating it, some find it necessary to just compare, opinionate, and judge!

Originally posted by Reema_J

Thanks for the articles and pics!

@ Doly: I'm still waiting on game ideas... hehe! I feel like I haven't seen you around or talked to you in the longest time! How are you?! 😊 Oh, can you please PM me the names of those who participated in the Caption Contest and which entry was their's (or if you've by any chance counted the votes, the name of the winner)! I'd really appreciate that!

@ Zaara: Hi! How are you?!

I don't understand the need for comparison... they're two different people, two different actors and two completely different beings! Their only similarity is that they are in the same career field but that too, along with about a 1000 other people, how come no one compares them to others?! Yeah, Amitabh and SRK are probably the two biggest stars of B'wood... EVER, but still, we should embrace the fact that we've been able to witness such powerful performers and legends in one lifetime or even during one generation! Instead of appreciating it, some find it necessary to just compare, opinionate, and judge!

hi reema ..........i feel the same........we both hav been busy lately......will pm u soon........