Shonali Malhotra - A New Host 4 Bollywood

SONYA_K thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

A new host for Bollywood. Aur Kya!

The lady in question is the only constant female presence in the lives of three metrosexual males. Before you come

Telly Chakkar

to any conclusion, let us tell you that we are talking about Shonali Malhotra, who

plays Madhavi, Gaurav Chopra's hassled wife in Star One's Dil Kya Chahta Hai. She is now hosting Sahara One's show Bollywood Aur Kya, and no, she doesn't have Gaurav for company!

Bollywood Aur Kya is a weekly film magazine that takes viewers on a journey into the world behind the silver screen. Shonali has replaced Chhavi Mittal, who plays Disha in Zee's primetime show, Tumhari Disha. The gal who has done as many as 150 commercials, is now all set to make her mark as a host, chatting up Bollywood's hot celebs.

When we asked Shonali about what excited her about the role, she says, "It is like my baby. You know, a show like this is very special, because you are known because of the show and vice versa. Moreover, I am a people's person and I love to talk. The show also makes me aware of what's happening in the film industry."

Hosting is not something new for Shonali, she has done shows like Star Plus' Kuch Kar Dikhana Hai and DD's Bajaj Ki Lehren. Surpisingly, Shonali has been doing a lot of negative roles --- pretty face like hers, we thought would attract lots of positive roles!

Meanwhile, the lady has been busy, she has made her presence felt as the modern no nonsense woman in Zee's Aashirwad, a Pak spy with a mission in Saara Akash and an aggressive competitor to Jessica aka Jassi in Sony's Jassi Jaisi...She is now all ready to take on projects that will ahow her in positive light.

Bollywood is getting very big on television lately --- Filmi Fever on Zoom, Current Bollywood on Max and now Bollywood Aur Kya, will this SaharaOne show stand out amongst the many that have already hit the small screen? For now, we will let Shonali do all the talking!

This show is going to give this lucky lady a chance to interview the most happening actors on the big screen. We asked Shonali to give us a list of people she would love to interview. Let's find out who is on her elite list.

Bollywood hunks

Abhishekh Bachchan (That's obvious!) Saif Ali Khan (I did a Limca ad with him, I played his wife) Amitabh Bachchan (Who wouldn't want to interview him?)

Bollywood's leading ladies

Preity Zinta (I admire her energy level)
Sushmita Sen ( I'd love to chat with her)
Kareena Kapoor (I really like her")

Stars from tellydom

Nikki Aneja and Smriti Z Iraani

"I would love to be interviewed by Malaika Arora Khan"

One question that she will ask all these celebs is, "What's the medicine that keeps them going?"

Taken From : Telly Chakkar

Edited by SONYA_K - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

greatmaratha thumbnail
thanks for sharing...  Hope this does not mean we see her less in DKCH...
natasha-remix thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: greatmaratha

thanks for sharing... Hope this does not mean we see her less in DKCH...

i hope so too