‘Resham Dankh’s story was going off its m

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

By Amit Narnoli

Resham Dankh might have been dumped by Star One after a lukewarm response, but leading man Raahil Azam's life is rocking as he enters Betiyaan Apni Ya Paraya Dhan as Manish Goel's replacement. He talks about this new role and how he plans to spice up his latest act.

Q In Betiyaan Apni Ya Paraya Dhan, are you going to play the love-interest of the second sister played by Shilpa Shinde?
Yes, I am joining the show and I will play the love-interest of the second sister. It is somewhat like the character of Sunny Deol in Jeet. In fact, I was waiting for this kind of a role as it is very challenging. I remember Manish Goswami had offered me a similar type of role a few years back and I had also worked in that serial but unfortunately it didn't go on air.

Q How were you approached for the role?
After Resham Dank got over, I was sitting at home waiting for the right break. The producer of the show, Sunjoy Wadhwa had three names in mind and when he came to know that I was free he approached me immediately and it was finalised.

Q You have replaced Manish Goyal who was reportedly unhappy with the role. How differently will you play the character?
Frankly speaking, I don't know about the problem Manish had. There is no doubt that the serial is based on the lives of six sisters and I am going to play this character in my own style. It's also different from my image of a sophisticated suit-boot type of a guy, the kind of stuff I had done before. So definitely people will see a different Raahil in this serial.

Q Have you started shooting for the serial? How are you finding the experience?
Yes, I have worked for a day so far. The director is technically sound and he tried to make me very comfortable on the sets. And as far as Sunjoyji (Wadhwa) is concerned, since the last one year, I was waiting to work with him. He is a very nice human being.

Q How is it working with the new girls? Also are there any veteran actors in the soap?
I have nothing much to say as I have worked only for a day as of now. But I found them very professional and talented. Also, I believe there is always something to learn from your co-workers whether they are new or old.

Q How difficult was the separation from your Resham Dank co stars, Mouli Ganguly and the others, who you were close to?
I have to say that I haven't come across this type of a script in television so far. It was the best. It's very unfortunate that serial went off air.

Q How disappointing was it to know that the serial was not getting popular and it's going off-air?
Yes, I was disappointed. But I have to say that I have given my best in the serial and I am still very proud of the character I played, Aaditya Balraj. You know what; the whole television industry was screen-tested for this character. The original story was of Atish Kapadia who has written scripts for actors like Amitabh Bachchan. I think the story was getting diverted from the main track and it may be the reason why the serial was not getting popular.

Q  Do you have more time now to play the characters in other serials post Resham Dankh, where you were playing the lead?
At present I am only doing Betiyaan Apni Ya Paraya Dhan and just want to concentrate on this as I have waited long for this type of a character. Here too I have to give my best.

Q Any Bollywood dreams!
I won't talk big but I too have Bollywood dreams like every TV actor has. But I am not in a hurry to reach everywhere at once. 

Q Your favourite directors in Bollywood?
I would love to work with Abbas-Mustan and Ram Gopal Varma. 

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#' Resham%20Dankh's%20story%20was%20going%20off%20its%20main%20 track'

Posted: 17 years ago
WOW! Raahil in Betiyaan, will be looking foward to the show!