Someone new on Sarabhai vs Sarabhai!

JinK thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
A cameo of a different kind on 'Sarabhai... '

Mr. Sunil Dave, winner of the contest will walk into the Sarabhai household in two

Sunil Dave with the Sarabhais: Make me a part of the family too
weeks time, ready with a solution for their troubles! No, he is no celebrity, and yes, he is going to make a very special appearance on the Star One show.

A resident of Ahmedabad, Sunil is the proud winner of the Saradin Sarabhai contest that was conducted during the Sarabhai Marathon on 8 May, 2005. As the prize, Mr. Dave gets a chance to make a cameo on the show. He will get a chance to be a part of the quintessential Sarabhai family. He will be part of one scene only and perhaps rightly so, with no experience in facing the camera, Sunil admits that it is not quite his 'cup of coffee'.

Sunil had to answer a very simple question to win the contest -- What does Rosesh call his mother?
a)Ma
b)Mother
c)Mommy
d)Momma

If you watch the show, this one should be easy!

Sunil, who is a stock broker by profession, sees this as an opportunity to break away from the monotony of his mundane life. "For me this is like an adventure of sorts. I was really stunned when they called me, and initially I was rendered speechless," says Sunil, who lives with his mother and watches Sarabhai...because he thinks it is different and has 'class'.

When we ask Aatish Kapadia what made him choose Sunil as the winner, he says - "He has got the face...you know not funny, but he has something that stands out!"

Sunil, who didn't know what role he was going to play in the show, till the time we met him, seemed very relaxed and ready to give acting a go. This is another first on Indian television...a commoner doing a cameo in a popular show. Incidentally, Mallika Sherawat was the last big screen siren to do a cameo on the show.

By ANANYA SENGUPTA

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

greatmaratha thumbnail
OOOH Cool man.. I wouldnt have minded going  on this show.... its so funny..... the kaju barfi episode on monday was just so cute... with Sahil conceding to Monisha on keeping hinglish words in scrabble.
hetal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i missed the epi. so waiting on the repeat...thanks for sharing....😊
killer57 thumbnail
man i wudnt mind answering tht question n goin on air...
btw...this weeks daughter in law episode was too goood
natasha-remix thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

now y dint i no abt the contest b4..😕

annwesha thumbnail
hey , i didinot watch that ep.
can anyone send the update?