Posted: 17 years ago

Dear Friends!!

Good Morning!

My topic is  about virtual Friendship.Friendship is really a divine relation,which has no conditions,no expectations(whereas in other relationships we have some expectations).Its really a boon to get best friend to whom we can confess our deeds,share our happiness,share our sadness.I'm not that good in describing friendship.These things are about real friends.

On the other hand,this forum is a place where we get friends of different ages and of our wavelength.We have a good option to choose our friends here.But these are virtual,these are'nt real.They cannot be real friends.Because there is no danger of answering the so called friends back.Do you agree with me?

Virtual friendship is just a stupid concept.In these supersonic days real friends are not accountable,then virtual friends ............hopeless.Friends we get in virtual forums don't care for us.So why make friendship?Why to waste time?

THE PERFECT FRIEND
S.J. McGrath

I thought I had found the perfect friend,
But it only took about a week for that to end,
I thought there was hope left in my life,
But as it turns out, it was only added strife,
I thought for once I had done something right,
But I quickly corrected that oversight,
I thought I wasn't useless or a bore,
But I was all that and even more,
I thought there was a purpose to my days,
But that was only a very short phase,
I thought you weren't like all the rest,
But like those before, you failed the test,
I thought you would stay with me, at least for a bit,
But you decided it was better just to quit,
I thought life was worth living for a moment in time,
But the life I wanted could never be mine,
I thought the hunger inside had been fed,
But now I know, I was just being misled.
And now I think I've found another perfect friend,
How long before my heart is broken again?

Wishes,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
Mythili!

For the first time, I am seeing the kid in you. believe it or not, no matter how virtual my existence may be, I mean it with lot of love and care.
I am sorry that there is a lack of communication between this great friend of yours and you. I hope that he writes back to you. Sometimes, friends have much deeper reasons for doing something that may apprear unjust and drastic to another friend. I am sure time can sort things out!! As virtual as it is, the truth is, IT IS! It is a relationship that is bulit on something stronger than appearance, dress-sense, food-likings, age / career choices! How cool is that?
I love to read your posts and would love to know you more. Yes, in my entire life, perhaps I may never meet with you, or buffie, or sowmyaa, or many many others I truly wish to meet. but so what? You and I are sharing common space right here right now.
God is more virtual than a forum friend, yet He/She exists! Have faith in your virtual friendship and please give it time!   😃 Don't leave us, okay??

❤️
qt di

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Mythili!

For the first time, I am seeing the kid in you. believe it or not, no matter how virtual my existence may be, I mean it with lot of love and care.
I am sorry that there is a lack of communication between this great friend of yours and you. I hope that he writes back to you. Sometimes, friends have much deeper reasons for doing something that may apprear unjust and drastic to another friend. I am sure time can sort things out!! As virtual as it is, the truth is, IT IS! It is a relationship that is bulit on something stronger than appearance, dress-sense, food-likings, age / career choices! How cool is that?
I love to read your posts and would love to know you more. Yes, in my entire life, perhaps I may never meet with you, or buffie, or sowmyaa, or many many others I truly wish to meet. but so what? You and I are sharing common space right here right now.
God is more virtual than a forum friend, yet He/She exists! Have faith in your virtual friendship and please give it time!   😃 Don't leave us, okay??

❤️
qt di

Thanks for such a lovely message!! 

Can virtual friendships last long,atleast for some time.???

Are virtual friends  real FRIENDS???

Cheers,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
Im also displeased at Dr.Uncle.... he didn't throw a PM in my inbox too 😭 😭 😭 Didn't bother to inform me that he is leaving DM 😭 😭 😭

Mythili, lets cry together 😭
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

virtual friends real FRIENDS???

Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to
Strawberry fields
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hung about
Strawberry fields forever
dunno, friends are friends....after all.
Go by this:
A friend in need is a friend indeed
we had a poem in Standard 10th, i just remember two line
When i had no money, no money
We can't choose our relatives but can choose our friends so choose better....
And about virtual friendship - didn't understood the topic much, could somebody explain me again
Mythili, such things happen in real life too. One shouldn't lose heart and just move on and look ahead...life never stops. You never know what tomorrow has in store for you. 😊
First of all Deepak so nice to see you...welcome back 😛

Mythili, like Thossap said, be it real friend or virtual friend such things happen in life. I liked with QT said...very well said. I totally agree with her, and also you can never hold any person be it real or virtual you just have to give them their space. going back to original topic.

Virtual friendship-
I don't think anyone can tell you if it's good or bad. I think each individual has their own experience and that makes virtual friendship different. I myself have had very good friends and also very bitter expereinces on the forum but for those bitter friends i can't blame my good friends. I'ts a learning phase for all of us. Though I would say never take virtual friendship so seriously. You never know who is sitting on the other end of the computer. It could be femal trying to be male, it could be old man trying to pretend to be young or whatever....we should always be careful with virtual friendship and keep our real and virtual life different. Edited by sowmyaa - 17 years ago
Originally posted by MNMS

Im also displeased at Dr.Uncle.... he didn't throw a PM in my inbox too 😭 😭 😭 Didn't bother to inform me that he is leaving DM 😭 😭 😭

Mythili, lets cry together 😭

Friends, I know you all are upset. For those who don't know our viewbie Abhijit Shukla will not be active on DM and IF for time being. I don't know much, but i was informed that he is busy with work and home front lately and won't get time for forum. I am sure once he gets some time for us he will try to get back to IF. I know we all will miss such great viewbie.. but I am sure we all are mature enough to understand that sometimes people have commitments to their real life as well and they cannot spend all their time on forum. So till he is back you are stuck with a boring moderator for now 😛
Edited by sowmyaa - 17 years ago
Originally posted by Jatayu

Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to
Strawberry fields
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hung about
Strawberry fields forever

👏 true and beautiful.