Ayushmaan

Vinod Singh is back in another Sony show

ambarinaaltaf thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Vinod Singh is back in another Sony show

Ladies man: Vinod Singh in Ye Meri Life Hai
The erstwhile Ayushmaan, Vinod Singh, who was sacked from the Sony show in November finds himself in Ye Meri Life Hai on the same channel. He essays the character of Kunal who joins St Martin's College where the serial is set.

"I am a family friend of Ronit (Amit Jain) who arrives from New Delhi and lives with the family. I have already shot for the promos of the show, which will air from Sunday," he informs. Kunal is into fashion photography and has the girls swooning due to his chilled-out attitude.

Ugly incident

As the wonder doctor in Ayushmaan, Singh was forced to make an exit from the Cinevistaas daily in November last year. This was after he allegedly bashed up a studio hand during an Ayushmaan shoot at the Cinevistaas studio in Kanjur Marg.

He had taken offence when a helper from the neighbouring set brushed past his co-star Tani (Neha Mehta). The channel had described his action has "unfortunate" and said they "did not subscribe to such behaviour".

Bygones are bygones

However, now that Ayushmaan is off the air, bygones have been bygones. "When I received a call from the producers (Optimystix) of Ye Meri Life for the role, I did check with them about the channel aspect," he admits.

"I had worked with Sanjiv Sharma of Optimystix in his ad films as well as in their earlier show Kisme Kitna Hai Dum which was anchored by Sonu Nigam," says Singh.

"In fact, post the Ayushmaan episode, I had not interacted with the channel nor did they say anything. All the communication was with Cinevistaas, the production house of Ayushmaan. So there was no issue with the channel."

Singh maintains that he is open to new acting assignments. "What has happened is over. I want to move on." He was earlier seen in an episode of Princess Dollie Aur Uska Magic Bag (Star Plus) and also features in Sampreet Theatre troupe's Hindi play Black Magic.

Disillusioned with acting

Incidentally, post the Ayushmaan fracas, Singh had maintained that he wanted to give up acting as the whole experience had left him disillusioned.
"Yes, I had said that but it was an impulsive decision after the Ayushman incident. At that time there were several things happening and my frame of mind was such. But now it's all left behind."

Pooja's fainting spells

It is also learnt that after the main protagonist Pooja's (Shama Sikander) recent fainting spells (due to over work and exhaustion) Ye Meri Life Hai will have new characters to give her a break.

A few more new faces are also slated to be included in the daily and the track will focus on them for a while

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mariam4eva thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
yes he izzz....hez KUNAL in YE MERI LIFE HAI....