i would love to do vivaah with kareena

amritafan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
But no, marriage is not on the cards for Shahid Kapur; he's just talking about his recently released film that has failed to make a mark at the BO.

Actor Shahid Kapur could well be mouthing Shashi Kapoor's dialogues. 'Aaj mere paas gadi hai, bunglaa hai...' and add this bit to it, "All because I worked hard to get it."

Shahid takes pride in what he has achieved through his efforts. "Today, I've my own car and flat,"he says. But that's not all he has to his credit: the actor has worked with big banners, received numerous awards for his debut in Ishq Vishq and has already been nominated in the Best Actor category for Shikhar, all in a short span of three years!

So is he satisfied with the way his career is shaping up?

"Absolutely,"says Shahid and adds, "My life hasn't been easy. I had given many auditions and faced rejections from directors to get all that I have today."

"For Ishq Vishq I was rejected in the first audition. So I worked very hard and cleared the second audition for the film. And all the awards I got for that role were because of those efforts,"remembers the actor.

Well hard work does pay. But Shahid has been lucky as well, especially in love. Are we talking of girlfriend Kareena? Well, "woh bhi,"he says but here Shahid thanks his stars for having such a loving audience.

And that explains why his fan following has not been affected at all though some of his films failed at the BO. But failure has taught the actor to tread in Bollywood waters more carefully. After his latest release in which he plays the lead opposite Amrita Rao, he has three other projects in the pipeline.

Talking about his co-stars, Shahid has been paired with only a few select actresses in the industry, which includes Amrita Rao who has worked with him in four films. So has his right-out-of-college look been a disadvantage?

"It depends on the actor how well he carries off a character. Though an actor should choose roles that gel with his age and looks, but if I am offered a role of a character older than what I am in real life, I would have no qualms in doing it,"he replies evasively.

His latest film revolving around marriage sees a more mature actor in Shahid. So what lessons has he taken from the film?

"Honestly, I have learned a lot. I am 25, but I am not looking at marriage as of now. However, I would definitely get married after a few years.

The film made me realise the understanding required in a husband-wife relationship,"replies Shahid. Is Kareena listening?

But since this was going to be a romantic film on a wedding, didn't he feel it would have been a better experience if Kareena was his co-actor?

"I think Amrita did complete justice to the role and she proved that she was the right choice,"says Shahid but adds, "I would, however, love to do such a film with Kareena."

Having worked with seasoned actors like Sanjay Dutt, Suniel Shetty, Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgan, does Shahid perceive a difference between him and them?

"They are all very experienced actors and I hold them in high regard. And I think 'experience' is what differentiates them from me,"he quips.

The actor whom Shahid is completely in awe of one is none other than father Pankaj Kapoor: "He's exceptionally talented and my inspiration. I am working hard to become an actor like him." We wish you all the best.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pachu.P thumbnail
Moved to Bolly news 😊
i thot he meant real vivaah 😳 😆
minuu thumbnail