~*~ Debater Of The Week ~*~

Posted: 17 years ago
Hello to all Debaters—After tasting the yummy bakri last week we are now ready for one more bakra to grill 😛 Swar, thank you for being our Debater of the Week. 😳

Now I would like to present you with our member who lives in Dubai, originally from Calcutta. His favorite place on India Forums is Debate Mansion (ofcourse) 😳 List of his Favorite –

Books- Illusions, The Little Prince, Mila 18, Arthur Conan Doyle, Charles Dickens, Rabindranath

Movies- Roman Holiday, Forrest Gump, Men of Honour, Mary Poppins, Sholay, Deewar, Page 3, Hera Pheri, all of Hrishikesh Mukherjee, Sonar Kella, Agantuk, Kanchenjungha, Goopi Gyne Bahga Byne (last 4 are Bengali by Satyajit Ray)

Actors/Actress: (Desi and Firangi) Audrey Hepburn, Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Julie Andrews, Amitabh, Rahul Bose, Raghuvir Yadav, Anu Kapoor, Pankaj Kapoor, Konkona Sen Sharma, Nutan, Aparna Sen

He claims that his area of interest and expertise is sleeping, however, after reading his debates and views on DM we all know that he expertise in more than just sleeping. 😉

His life philosophy- Be cool and enjoy ... or, fight like hell till the other guy gets tired of winning and leaves. 😃

I would like to welcome our Debater of the Week –

⭐️👍🏼⭐️ JATAYU ⭐️👍🏼⭐️

👏

I am sure you all are as thrilled as me to grill Jatayuji and ask him as much questions as we can this whole week. So let's enjoy our treat for the week!!!

Congrats Jatayu!

A few warm-up questions: 😈

1) What made you choose Jatayu as your UserID? What does it mean?

2) We know you dont believe in aliens. But, in the case that you met one, what would your reaction be?

3) You have to make a movie. Since you are an up-and-coming low-budget filmmaker, you need to use actors who are members of DM. Describe the storyline briefly and list out who you'll pick from DM as your characters.

Sowmyaa Di!

Thanks for the Wonderful new year gift.

Congrats Uncle J!!

Uncle J!

Here are your first set of questions:

section I

1)How do you describe "GOD"?

2)Do you beleive in GodMen?

3)Your favourite philosophical or spiritual book

Section II

4) Your favourite subject (in academics)

5)Your hobbies apart from dozing

6)Your role model

7)Your favourite political leader

8)Your favourite writer

section III

9)   What do you remember when you see the names of following persons of DM.

Sowmyaa

Abhijit Shukla

Maya_M

merimaid_QT

MNMS

Sareg

Swar_Raj

Buffie

TallyHo

lighthouse

Kabhi_21

.T

and

Mythili_Kiran😳

10) Say you wrote a book "My experiments with Debate Mansion".You write the book without hypocrisy.Can we have some abstracts from that book.

I will come back later.

Cheers,

Myth

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
Horrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! Engr Uncle on the grill.... YAY 😈 Party TIME!!!

This bakra is quite tasty .... I want a FEAST!!!!😈

- How it feels to be a father of a teen?

- Why don't you allow me officially to call you Uncle!!!!??

- What is the hardcore philosophy of life?

- How do you cope up with your bad times? I mean...How to try to rise above and move on?

- The most important person in your life?

- Which philosophy/person/event struck you and as a consequence, you reconsidered your perceptions and amended them?

- Given a chance, who would you like to be born as?

- Your views on the new generation? 😊

- Feminism is :

- list 15 items your teen daughter would love to have 😳 :

- Define the relationship of Shopping and Women 😛

- Your views on HARRY POTTER

Will be back with more
Edited by MNMS - 17 years ago

Originally posted by MNMS

- Your views on HARRY POTTER 

Why am I not surprised that you asked this question? 😛😆

T.

1) What made you choose Jatayu as your UserID?

This was the name of a character in Satyajit Ray's "Feluda" series - detective stories essentially for adolescents but equally appealing to all. Jatayu was later played by Late Santosh Dutta - a wonderfully lovable character full of innocence and chil-like simplicity

What does it mean?

Jatayu is actually a mythological bird who tried to save Sita when she was being kidnapped by Ravana - in Ramayana

2) We know you dont believe in aliens. But, in the case that you met one, what would your reaction be?

Oooh lala

3) You have to make a movie. Since you are an up-and-coming low-budget filmmaker, you need to use actors who are members of DM. Describe the storyline briefly and list out who you'll pick from DM as your characters.

The story would be a mix of Sholay, Munnabhai MBBS and Sound of Music. The story line would be - well I'd develop it as things went along, and also to accomodate the different moods and the favourites of the people playing.

It'll start off with Gabbar singing on the hills of Ramgarh, some bit with Thakur, Captain and Radha playing poker, cut to song showing Radha and Captain dong the pole dance (that makesMother Superior jealous), cut to a big dhishum dhishum between Sambha and Munnabhai to decide who'll cut off Thakur's hands. It'll end happily with Basanti and Sambha riding off into the sunset. Circuit sings rock-n-roll soniye in between right through.

The main roles would be like this Mythili_kiran - Gabbar & Basanti (double role), Abhijit - Radha, Cutie - Munnabhai, Captain vonTrapp - Maya_M, Jatayu - Circuit, T - Maria, Mother Superior - Sowmyaa, Sambha - Believe, Thakur - serialbuff (Guest appearance)  ... have I missed anyone?

Oops - Sareg and Swar_Raj Uncle - Jay and Veeru respectively - don't worry - just hang around and act tough ... and say stuff like "agar koi hilne ki koushish ki toh these are a few of my favourite things"

No problem - all're welcome and will keeop adding as you folks all roll for the magical mystery tour ....

Edited by Jatayu - 17 years ago
mythili_Kiran

section I

1)How do you describe "GOD"?

No person has yet been able to do that ... you can't describe the indescribable - it's like trying to catch the wind in a cup

2)Do you beleive in GodMen?

No

3)Your favourite philosophical or spiritual book

Gita, Illusions

Section II

4) Your favourite subject (in academics)

Physics

5)Your hobbies apart from dozing

Driving & Reading

6)Your role model

Ford Mustang ... no no, joking. My role model from real life or can it be an imaginary character?

7)Your favourite political leader

Difficult ....

8)Your favourite writer

There are so many ... Rabindranath, Arthur Conan Doyle, Charles Dickens, JK Rowling, Samaresh Basu (Bengali), Fredrick Forsythe ... abd many many more 

section III

9)What do you remember when you see the names of following persons of DM.

What do I remember? Or what do I imagine? ... I'll take that as the latter .... and you're not allowed to ask why ....

Sowmyaa - walking up a steep hill in a blizzard

Abhijit Shukla - a crazy shuffle between a stetho and a keyboard

Maya_M - the Madonna

merimaid_QT - Princess Fiona

MNMS - Jerry (of Tom & Jerry)

Sareg - Dr Watson

Swar_Raj - Mrs Doubtfire

Buffie - oops .. donno him much .. or at all

TallyHo - Christopher Columbus

lighthouse - just that

Kabhi_21 - oops .. donno him much .. or at all

.T - Hum angrez ke zamane ke jailer

and

Mythili_Kiran - gabbar singh

10) Say you wrote a book "My experiments with Debate Mansion".You write the book without hypocrisy.Can we have some abstracts from that book.

This will take some time ... will come back later.

Me in a double role😛.

My hero will be my RG MNMS!!! MNMS is the only eligible person for me😉.

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago

😃

Seeing this picture...what is the first thing that comes to your mind.

Where is this picture from? (let me know if you need help )

There is a famous story hidden , can you recite it with taking characters from DM😃

Edited by Swar_Raj - 17 years ago

Express your views on this wonderful actress and do you have any fav movie of hers?

Edited by Swar_Raj - 17 years ago