Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saba23 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
another question is...the pressure p experienced by a diver under water is related to the diver's depth d by an equation of the form p= kd + 1 (K a constant). when d=0meters, the pressure is 1 atmosphere. the pressure at 100 meters is 10.94 atmosphere. find the pressure at 50 meters.
*Spandana* thumbnail
Originally posted by: saba23

i have question for ap cal....the question is a table of values is given for the linear funtion f(x)=mx+b. detemine m and b. and the graph they give is like..pllz some one help me..actually i have more question to ask may i also ask those too....
X           ; ; ;f(x)
1           ; ; ;2
3           ; ; ;9
5           ; ; ;16

hey saba, here the answer...u have X-values and f(x)=y values and so first try substitute them to the equation. we get..
2=m(1)+b--------> Eq 1
9=m(3)+b--------> Eq 2

multiply Eq 1 with 3 to solve the equations for m and b. we get
   9=3m+b
(-)6=3m+3b
------------
3= (-)2b and then b = -3/2
substitute b in either of the equations above and u should get m=7/2
to check u r answers plug-in every term in the equation and u will get the result as what it is shown in the equation...😛
as for graph...u have to plot x-values on xaxis and f(x)=y on y-axis...then u get a graph....😃
(i donot know what level of math u have, but i did it my way...ask Question if u get lost)

amu~

Edited by *Spandana* - 16 years ago
*Spandana* thumbnail
Originally posted by: saba23

another question is...the pressure p experienced by a diver under water is related to the diver's depth d by an equation of the form p= kd + 1 (K a constant). when d=0meters, the pressure is 1 atmosphere. the pressure at 100 meters is 10.94 atmosphere. find the pressure at 50 meters.

hi saba, when u r given an equation with some values try substituting the values....a these values are in metric system, we can directly use them in the equation...
p=kd+1 when d=0 , p=1

when d=100 p=10.94; from this info we can find the value of k. which is 0.0994
now answer the question asked...d=50 what is p..?
p=0.0994*50+1
  = 5.97 atmospheres...

thats it..😛 hope this helps....😳
amu~
saba23 thumbnail

detemine whether the function has an inverse function...

1)y=3/x-2 -1

2)y=x^2+5x

3)y=x^3-4x+6

4)y=x^3+x

5)y=lnx^2

6)y=2^3-x

Edited by saba23 - 16 years ago
saba23 thumbnail
it says let x=60represent 1960,x=70 represent 1970 and so forth.
a) find a natural logarithm regression equation for the data in table.
b) estimate the number of metric tons of oil produced by saudi arabia in 1975.
c) predict when saudi arabain oil production will reach 400 million metric tons.
        Table
year       metric tons(million)
1960        61.09       
1970        176.85
1990        321.93
other one is the same queston but in part b instead of 1975 is ask 1985 and in part c in stead of 400 million is ask 120 metric tons. table for this is..
year      metric tons(million)
1960        27.48
1970        69.95
1990        92.24

plllllllllll help me in these two problem thank alotttt...
~Ange.Noir~ thumbnail
hello!

i recieved this PM from my friend asking for help in VB... i am still just starting out on the subject so cant help her.. she has assignment due and needs help really badly. if anyone can provide the answers, that would be great!

Q.1- identify nd correct de error(s):

a) Dim FAlse as Integer

b) Integer ascii rem declare variable

c) A+c = c

d)Variable = -124587

e) Dim end as integer

f) Dim 123 as integer

g) Dim c_count as string

h) Dim a.c as integer

i) Dim 3*5 as integer

j) I*b=area

Q.2- answer de following:

a) suppose a print statement includes six output values,seperated by commas. how can the statement be rewritten so that the outputs value appears on same line?

b) assign the value of variable number1 to variable total.

c) the sum of the two variable loop_count and petrol_cost to the variable costing.

d) what is modular programming?

e) what is probability of a program?

f) mane three types of debugging errors.

g) what is robustness?
saba23 thumbnail

show that csc x is an add function of x. show taht the reciprocal of an odd function is odd
2) show that the product of an even function and an odd function is an odd function
3) give a convincing argument taht the period of tan x is (pie)the symbol

findperiod,domain,range and graphhow do graph these kind of probelm y= 3csc(3x+ pie symbol)-2 and also other thing
y=2sin(4x+pie symbol)+3
find the period the amplitude and the the window...i need help with to find the period and the window for these probelm
y=2cos 3x
y=5sin x/2
y=cos pie symbol x

find the period the amplitude and the the window...i need help with to find the period and the window for these probelm
y=2cos 3x
y=5sin x/2
y=cos pie symbol x
how u do these problem i can't do it...plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... someone help me....

Edited by saba23 - 16 years ago
saba23 thumbnail
cann some plzzzzzzzzzhelp me with thee problemm i am reallllllllllly wiating...
babiigurl thumbnail
neeeddd hellppp could any1 plzzz tell me the PEST analysis for HSBC bank plzzzzzzzz im dying here
babiigurl thumbnail
neeeddd hellppp could any1 plzzz tell me the PEST analysis for HSBC bank plzzzzzzzz im dying here