What are u reading right now?

Posted: 17 years ago
Hey! What are u reading right now? Answer the following:
1. author + title
2. why u decided to read the book
3. first sentence in the book
4. page u are on
5. what u think of the book till now

It would be really nice to know what people are reading and their opinions on the books...!

1. author + title -- The Picture of Dorian Gray (by Oscar Wilde)

2. why u decided to read the book --- have read it many moons ago; I'm re-reading it now just for pleasure

3. first sentence in the book ---The studio was filled with the rich odour of roses, and when the light summer wind stirred amidst the trees of the garden, there came through the open door the heavy scent of the lilac, or the more delicate perfume of the pink-flowering thorn.

4. page u are on 10

5. what u think of the book till now ....very intriguing

1. author + title : Life of Pi - yann Martel
2. why u decided to read the book : The book Cover was cute!
3. first sentence in the book : My suffering left me sad and gloomy.
4. page u are on : 59
5. what u think of the book till now :
It's absolutely boring😡. That's the reason why I'm stuck in 50's for the past one week

1. A Tale of Two Cities
2. English, if I don't read it, I'll fail.
3. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of dispair,we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way--in short, the period wasso far like the persent period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only." That's the first sentance and paragraph.
4. 92, behind the rest of my class.
5. BORING!!!!!

1. author + title - Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
2. why u decided to read the book - I had read Inkheart and liked it, so decided to continue with the series.
3. first sentence in the book - "Twilight was gathering, and Orpheus still wasn't here."
4. page u are on - 334
5. what u think of the book till now - It's not as interesting and quick-paced as Inkheart. Feels very heavy in terms of detail and description.

Edited by T. - 17 years ago
1. author + title - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire-By (hopefully you already know)- J.K Rowling
2. why u decided to read the book - I had forgotten most of the details..i had read this book before in grade five...and it was so action packed.
3. first sentence in the book-The villagers of Little Hangleton still called it 'the Riddle House', even though it had been many years since the Riddle family had lived there.
4. page u are on -515/636
5. what u think of the book till now -I think the book can't get any better that is why i am on page 515 and have started the book on Thursday night. I just hope the last book, book seven, is the perfect finish to the series.
1. author + title romeo and juliet- william shakespeare
2. why u decided to read the book- english class.. if i dont i fail( cant have that happenin, now can we?)
3. first sentence in the book
Two households, both alike in dignity,
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life;
Whole misadventured piteous overthrows
Do with their death bury their parents' strife.
The fearful passage of their death-mark'd love,
And the continuance of their parents' rage,
Which, but their children's end, nought could remove,
Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage;
The which if you with patient ears attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.

4. page u are on- act 5 scene 3
5. what u think of the book till now- it is romantic so if u like that crap, u'll love it.. i love tat stuff but since the language is creepy (as u can se in the first sentance/prologue) i caant realy understand it

i no its a play but it is also a book thing.... its in my english book so w/e 😛
1. author + title : Mulberry and Peach by Hauling Nieh
2. why u decided to read the book : well.. its one of the 15 books we have to read for english
3. first sentence in the book : umm. no clue
4. page u are on : 2
5. what u think of the book till now : its full of metaphors, and its hard to deduce the intention of the author just yet.. but lets keep reading!!

1. Author + Title :Dreamland BY- Sarah Dessen

2. Why you decided to read the book : Will since I love this authors books.

3. First sentence in the book : My sister Cass ran away the morning of my sixteenth birthday.

4. Page you are on : 198

5. What you think of the book till now : Its great, you guys should really read the book. It takes you to a whole different place.

Edited by candyprincess - 17 years ago
Just Finished Michael Crichton's - State of Fear.

Simply wonderfull read..

tejas